Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
不安心; Unease; Day 5 Morning; Open
Topic Started: Feb 7 2017, 04:47 PM (814 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nancy Kyle continued from If It Bleeds, It Leads.))

Nancy had hidden in the asylum for the rest of the fourth day. There were close calls, of course. She didn't want to deal with people. Not after what happened with Jennifer and Leslie. Her face still hurt. So she silently stalked the building like a phantom, avoiding people whenever possible.

She tried to recall who the biggest killer in previous versions was, and how many kills they'd gotten. She could have sworn she'd heard about it once before... somewhere. But of course, memory is a fickle thing, and four days of poor sleep didn't help matters.

They really didn't help matters.

And so Nancy found herself behind a shelf at the very back of the library, her head swaying forward. She strained herself to keep her eyes open.

She blinked a few times, before rubbing her eyes. She couldn't fall asleep now. If someone came and found her...

She vaguely registered the announcements coming on, vaguely registered her name being announced again. She vaguely registered the announcements.

She didn't register herself tipping to the side, as the four days on the island finally took their toll.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
The gun was up even before she was fully awake. She'd hit the ground with a thump, but she didn't open her eyes again until the sound of footsteps rang in her ears.

Her eyes fluttered open slowly, but suddenly someone was there and the gun went up on instinct.

"Who..." she started, before looking up.

It was Kimiko, looking down at her, holding a sword in her hand.

She was fully awake now.

Nancy scooted backward, her head hitting the shelf behind her. Her free hand went up, as she held it in pain. The gun was still up, though, still pointed at the other girl.

But Kimiko was close. Too close.

"Wait..." she said.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
For a while, neither of them moved. Kimiko was on the back foot, but she was still dangerous. Nancy knew that. So when... eventually, Kimiko tapped at her ear, Nancy fidgeted. There was no movement for a few seconds more, until slowly, Nancy slid up the wall, getting into a standing position.

"What..." she said, before swallowing a wad of saliva, "What do you want?"

It took a few seconds for Nancy to realize that Kimiko couldn't tell her. Of course. She'd forgotten all about her muteness.

In her defense, she was tired.

"Why are you here?" she asked, more forcefully this time.

Her throat was ragged.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alright, Nancy got it this time. She lowered the gun slightly, but still kept it at the ready.

"S-So... so what?" was all she said.

Nancy could have just shot Kimiko, of course. At this distance, there was no way to miss.

But then again, at this distance, Kimiko could just as easily slash at her and everything. She had to... find a way to make her loosen her grip on that weapon.

"I'm guessing you're not here to make friends, are you?"

It was a stupid question, but if she could keep Kimiko's focus away from the sword, maybe she could get out of this situation.

"So what is it? You're here now, so what do you want?" she continued, "I don't think I have to say this, but if you try to kill me, I'll do the same to you."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy said nothing as Kimiko dropped the other sword, the one slung around her shoulder. The shorter in her hand stayed.

There was a silence afterward, as Nancy tried to figure out what, exactly, Kimiko wanted. The game of charades had been easy when Kimiko had motions to back it up, but this one was a bit harder.

Nancy hadn't been able to catch the first word that well. Fr... something.

Then Kimiko pointed to herself, then to Nancy.

Tr... Truth?

No... Truce?

Nancy's adrenaline was wearing off the longing they stood there, eyeing each other, and her anxiety slowly gave way to tired confusion.

A truce? Between them?

"Why?"

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy had to really try to understand what Kimiko meant next. It didn't help that Nancy was tired. In more ways than one. In that sense, Kimiko was right.

She was wrong about there being no benefit, though. Maybe for Kimiko, but for Nancy...

There was something she could agree with Kimiko on, though. She didn't want to fight Kimiko. She didn't want to fight anyone right now.

The gun went down, pointing to the ground.

"I don't know about working together, but..." she says, "You're right. There's no point in us fighting."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Why? Because..." Nancy started. She coughed as she felt a scratching at the back of her throat.

She tried again.

"Well, before anything else, Scarlett was..."

An accident? Well, no. Not quite. An accident would be something stupid, like if she'd tripped and accidentally caught her with the axe blade. No, what happened with Scarlett wasn't an accident. But Nancy wasn't really thinking straight at the time, either. The smell of blood back then... Nancy could swear she could smell it even now.

"I panicked," is what Nancy settled for in the end. "I panicked and lashed out, and that was it."

But that's probably not what Kimiko wanted to hear.

"But... like... if I'm going to die, I don't want to be forgotten. To those watching, I wanted to make sure they knew who I was. That's why," she continued, "Because they say my name every day. Then, when I die, whether it's tomorrow or a week from now, they'll remember who I was."

Nancy let a tiny smile creep into her face, but it soon disappeared.

"Is that good enough?"

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, Nancy thought, as Kimiko quickly moved forward with her sword.

Oh, she thought, as she lifted the gun up and fired multiple times, the bullets hitting nothing as Kimiko was already past her minimum range.

Oh, she thought, as she felt the blade enter her body, surely ripping apart something important as it came in then out again.

Nancy pushed Kimiko away as she stumbled backward, her back hitting the wall. She felt a discomfort radiating from her stomach, which soon became more and more intense as the blood began to pour out. She stifled a grunt of pain as she held her hands to the wound, ineffectually trying to stymie the flow of blood.

She... she needed that.

Nancy slumped to the floor.

"Y... Y..."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy's vision swam. She felt light-headed. This?

This was bad.

She looked up at Kimiko, her vision blurring intermittently. She was just standing there, watching her die. She thought it was cruel, but then, Nancy didn't have any right to say what was cruel or not.

She supposed it was funny, in an ironic sort of way, that the person who finished her off wasn't Michael, or Clarice, or anyone else that had wanted their revenge against her.

Kimiko was still standing there.

She tried to say something, but something worked its way into her throat, and she wheezed, causing blood the flow out of her mouth.

"Y..." she tried again.

She felt light. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt that much. The pain was subsiding, and her vision was going dark.

It was then that she realized she'd failed. Five kills? Five kills was... respectable, but it was nothing special. It wasn't enough to be anything more than just a statistic. She'd really, truly failed.

She wanted to laugh, but no, that was too much energy... she just wanted to rest.

She inhaled deeply, and that hurt more than anything.

Kimiko was still standing there, watching her, and that...

Kimiko had killed her, she realized, but she... she could still...

Six? Six wasn't much better than five, but it was still...

Nancy shifted slowly.

Yeah. She'd make sure Kimiko died with her too. Wouldn't that be amazing? A great twist on this whole scene. It would give her some recognition.

Nancy didn't have much strength left. One shot was all that she'd need.

She moved then, raising the gun, stained with her blood, pointing it right at Kimiko's chest.

With a howl, she pulled the trigger.

Click.

What?

G036 - Nancy Kyle: DECEASED

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Asylum Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply