Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Scarlet Garden; Morning Day 5; Open
Topic Started: Feb 4 2017, 01:27 PM (1,105 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from El ángel exterminador))

"Okay, think it carefully, girl," Alba muttered to herself, circling the church and approaching the gardens.

She kept the rifle by her side and her gaze mostly towards her feet, with occasional glances up to see if anyone was near. Her free hand was moving around, punctuating each sentence with a random gesture.

"Brendan's your friend," she continued to mutter to herself. "You've been friends for some time. You went to Sadie Hawkins as friends. You two would stay friends after graduating. Well, if we weren't abducted, but yeah. And now you kissed him. You made a show about protecting each other and then you kissed him. Crap, is it wrong to kiss someone in a church? No, it's fine cause weddings happen in churches. But we're not getting married. Not on this island at least. Wait. No, what am I saying. Craaaaaaaap what do I do now? What do I do now? What do I-oh."

Alba was now closer to the tree in the gardens. She noticed a boy sitting under a willow tree, holding something in his hands.

"Um, hello?" she said, keeping her rifle by her side and her free hand out. "Please don't attack me. I come in peace."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba jumped back a bit when the guy shouted at her. She didn't raise her gun, but became immediately worried. She didn't want to come off as dangerous to this person, but clearly, after five days, he was having a much worse time than she had.

"Hey, it's fine," she said. "I don't really want anything. I just saw you there and figured I should say 'hello' or something. That's all."

Alba smiled at the boy. As she did, she heard Brendan approaching. She smiled a bit when he appeared. Brendan called the boy Jae and apologized about Asha. Alba's smile lowered. Ahhhhhh. So Jae just lost a friend. Now it made sense to her.

Unfortunately, Brendan's sympathies only seemed to bother Jae even more. Jae had to ask why Brendan why he was still alive.

"Hey, Brendan's not that bad," Alba told Jae. "Okay, he killed two people, but one was to save a girl and the other was an accident. I don't think he deserves that much hatred."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing approved))

Alba tried to keep a soft smile on her face as Brendan replied to Jae. Brendan was right about walking away from Jae if Jae was going to be so upset by their presence. They could go barricade inside the church like they had planned before. Alba nodded, and waited for Brendan to finish talking to Jae, explaining why he was alive and why the others weren't.

Alba smiled a bit more when Brendan said he was alive because he needed to for her sake. That was pretty romantic of him to say. If this was romance. Was it? She wasn't sure between the kiss and the chat in the church. Still, she couldn't help but love hearing him say something like that. She'd have to make sure that she had the chance to say something similar.

Her smile then disappeared completely. Alba's eyes widened as she saw something fly from the object Jae was holding. She turned and saw an arrow sticking out of Brendan's shoulder. Her mouth fell open as Brendan fell backwards. She let out a quick scream.

"Brendan!" she cried out.

She began to look back and forth from Brendan on the ground, blood starting to slightly pour out of the wound, and Jae by the tree. Alba gulped, then raised the rifle at Jae. She wasn't sure if she was ready to fire it, or if she could, but she needed to make good on the words she gave Brendan back in the church.

"D-d-don't! Don't do that again!" she blurted. "J-just go away or I-I'll shoot!"

Alba's hands were shaking as she pointed the rifle at Jae. She kept her gaze at Jae.

"Bren, if you can, run," she softly said to him. "Get out of here. I'll come after you. I promise."

Alba gulped again, fluttering her eyes to deal with the tears starting to form. This was the first time she was directly in danger since she arrived here. Bradley and Bernadette were cases that didn't directly threaten her, but this was a new scenario. She might have to decide whether or not Jae would live in a few moments, and the thought didn't stop her hands from shaking as she moved her finger to rest on the trigger.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba prayed Jae would just turn around and run away like he was being chased by a rattlesnake. She still wasn't sure she could actually shoot him, but she had to protect Brendan. She had to do something to help her friend, even if it was acting tough and using superior weaponry to force someone to hightail it out of there.

Unfortunately, someone else was close by, as the sound of gunfire filled the air. Alba screamed again and jumped in place. Her eyes instinctively shut for a second and a half as her hands tightened. Her eyes quickly opened when she realized that she had pulled the trigger at the same time. Her heart stopped beating. She expected there to be a third gunshot, one much louder since it was coming from her weapon. She was still pointing the gun at Jae, so she probably would have shot him.

But there was silence. It took her a few seconds to register it, but suddenly, Alba understood why. Three days ago, when Kimiko stabbed Bradley and Alba held him as he bled out, she grabbed Bradley's gun and took off. She didn't grab anything else, expecting to come back shortly after with Kimiko in tow. She had made many assumptions that day, but there was one assumption that was finally coming back to bite her.

She had no idea how the gun worked.

She did take the extra ammo from his bag, but she didn't grab anything that told her how to use the gun. She hadn't been forced to use the rifle in the last few days, and she hadn't thought to use the gun for a few test shots against some cans or whatever inanimate objects she could find. She had pointed it at people, but she never actually had to pull the trigger. Alba had never fired a gun before, and now she realized how foolish that could be. The rifle was as useful as a pool noodle if she didn't know how to use it, and what may have been the middle of a gunfight wasn't the time to learn how.

Thus, Alba crouched low, near the injured Brendan.

"Brendan, we're leaving. Now," she said. "Can you get up?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba nodded as Brendan got up. She followed after him, keeping her gaze towards Jae and the tree. She had no idea if Jae was going to shoot at her or if some other person was going to come out shooting. Either way, she needed to keep some watch.

Granted, Alba couldn't do anything except run. She didn't have time to figure out how the gun worked while she and Brendan were hauling ass. They just needed to go and give the illusion that they could fire back if needed.

Alba continued to glance back as she and Brendan ran away. They needed to find shelter so they could treat Brendan. They'd also need a place where Alba could figure out the gun. It was clear now she'd have to use it.

((Alba Reyes continued in Santa Sangre))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Gardens · Next Topic »
Add Reply