Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wash It All Away
Topic Started: Feb 2 2017, 07:25 PM (220 Views)
Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Travis Lynch continued from Remember Everything))

Trav had heard the announcement as they had been walking, they had just gotten in sight of the ocean as well.

Noodle was dead.

Still he had pressed on. He knew Jerry had killed her, and he knew what he was going to do about it. He had time to deal with that, they were all on the same island after all. As he descended the hill to the sand of the beach itself he spotted a corpse, the second one had seen. As he got closer he realised that it was Noodle.

He had finally found her.

She was crumpled over on her side, Trav couldn't readily see the wound that had killed her and he wasn't going to search for it. Instead he crouched down opposite her and ran his eyes over his friend, remembering all the time they had spent training together, pushing each other further to try and reach their goals of being champions. Noodle was probably the best female fighter Trav had ever trained with, he had never told her that and didn't know if she had ever realised just how good she was. That was a regret of his that he'd never get to fix, right up there with not finding Noodle in time and not saying how he felt.

He stayed crouched for a while, just looking at Toby one last time because he knew that once he looked away he wasn't going to look back. He didn't want to remember her as she was, lying lifeless on the beach. Eventually Trav closed his eyes and let out a long breath, refocusing his mind on what he needed to do. He turned his head and looked out at the sea, the thing he had been going to while searching for Toby. Now he had reached both at the same time but there was no feeling of success, only the feeling that he failed his best friend.

"I'm sorry Toby."
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He felt the hand on his shoulder, he didn't need to check if it was Cass. He just gripped her hand with his, glad that she was there. He was also glad she didn't try and offer any words of consolation. They wouldn't have felt genuine if she didn't. She hadn't known Toby anyway.

Trav knew he had a choice to make and he knew there was a right and wrong decision to make. He knew he should have decided to do the smart thing and stick with Cass and Wade but...at the same time Toby was dead. Someone had to answer for that or at the very least he wanted to know why it had happened. So to that end he needed to find Jerry. What he was going to do once he found Jerry...that was hard to say. He had a lot of conflicting feelings about what he should do.

There was a right answer to the question though, and he was choosing to ignore it.

He let go of Cass' hand and stood up.

"I need to find Jerry." He ran a hand through his hair and looked out over the ocean, it was so close. He tore his eyes away and turned his gaze back to Cass. "I know it's stupid but..." But what? It was stupid, dangerous, reckless and dumb but he was going to do it anyway. That was the long and short of it.

"I'm glad I met you Cass, wish we could have met at school or something but thanks for helping make this not complete shit." It wasn't eloquent or well-thought out. But it was genuine, he was glad about that.

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Despite himself Trav smiled at Cass as she said she was glad they had met. It meant that to some extent he had helped her. It didn't feel like he had done anything other then provide company and friendship but sometimes that was all that was needed.

So there they were, preparing to go and find a killer. Trav still didn't know what would happen when they did. But it wasn't like they had ever had a plan to begin with.

Instead he just took one last look at the ocean, wishing everything had been different.

Then he started walking. As he did so he thought that at least, with all things being equal he was still with a friend.

((Travis Lynch continued in What if I told you...))

V5
Unknowns

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Cove · Next Topic »
Add Reply