Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
El ángel exterminador; Private, Day 5
Topic Started: Feb 1 2017, 06:23 PM (419 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from Think About Your Life))

Alba hurried up to the doors of the chapel and stopped to catch her breath. She and Brendan had just escaped the Danger Zone and had kept going until they were across the bridge. She bent over to catch her breath. Although she was in good shape, the immediate danger of the Danger Zone had added an element of fear that she was not quite used to.

After the incident with Bernadette, she and Brendan had fled and spent the day hiding in the dorms. Neither of them were up for talking, so Alba didn't press Brendan about the incident. She also knew he wasn't fit to go looking for people, so she decided to remain their for the day and keep a low profile in case anyone came by. Fortunately, they passed through the night without any disturbances, allowing Alba to get some sleep.

Of course, before they could even have breakfast, they were already bolting from the area and across the bridge. Alba hadn't been to the other side of the bridge yet, so it was quite interesting for her. She had steered clear of the asylum, deciding it would be better to go somewhere less creepy looking. The chapel had just been cleared, so it was unlikely anyone else was there.

Alba pushed open the doors to the chapel and went in. Alba's family was Catholic and went to church every Sunday. Alba couldn't remember if today was a Sunday or not, so she was hoping she was at least keeping the Sabbath holy. Either way, they could all use some Jesus here.

"I think we're alone," Alba said, stepping up to the pews.

She took a look around, her breathing filling the empty church.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba slowly walked through the chapel. It was small, so there weren't too many places to go, but she took her time to observe the main hall. She looked at the stained glass window depicting the sun rising over some hills. Alba wouldn't have minded a depiction of Jesus or the Virgin Mary, but maybe there was some reason they couldn't depict any saints or notable religious figures. Either way, the window was at least a nice, colorful image to look at. Compared to what else she saw on the island, it was a treat.

Alba continued to move through, avoiding the plants on the floor and made her way to the podium. She traced her free hand along the podium. She wondered what kind of sermons were delivered here. Hopefully less frightening or worrying ones.

Alba looked over to Brendan. He had finally said something, even if it was brief. She couldn't imagine what he was going through right now. It was one thing to kill someone to save someone else, but to kill a friend was so horrible that it almost seemed unreal to Alba.

"Well, at least we can take a break now," Alba said.

Alba walked to the nearest pew and sat down. She propped the rifle next to her and opened her bag up, taking out some of the bread. She tore a piece off with her teeth and began to chew. As she did, she stared forward at the podium.

"Hey, Brendan," she said after swallowing. "Do you believe in the afterlife?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well...yeah. Of course I do," Alba said, leaning her head back a bit.

"I mean, I figure there has to be something after all of this. I don't know why there wouldn't be."

Alba breathed quietly, then closed her eyes. She took a moment to appreciate the silence.

"Bren, I just want you to know that I think you're a good person. I know others won't think that, and I know others may pass judgement on you without hearing you out, but I know you're not a bad person."

"So, if there is one, I think God will forgive you. He probably knows you wouldn't have killed if you weren't forced to be here."

Alba turned to Brendan and smiled.

"I just thought you should know what I think."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba's smile started to fade as Brendan gave his response. He wasn't comforted by the notion of her or God forgiving him, since he was certain he couldn't forgive himself. Alba couldn't believe he could feel such a way. Maybe it was weighing much more heavily on him than she thought, and simple encouragement and sweet words wouldn't help. There had to be something more to do.

Alba let out a small laugh when Brendan said she was amazing for handling this so well. She wasn't entirely sure how well she was handling it all, but she was at least making an effort to do so, and clearly it was being received. Brendan then asked her something.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well, yeah I think so," Alba said before popping another bit of bread into her mouth.

She quickly swallowed the bread.

"I mean, sure, they weren't able to rescue anyone the last time this happened, but this is 2015. There have to be satellites and cameras and other ways to track us down. We're probably a top priority for the CIA or Pentagon or whatever part of the government deals with this sort of thing. I know it's taken a bit for them to find us, but maybe they're close by and just haven't found the right island yet."

Alba brushed some hair back.

"That's what I think at least. And you?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh," Alba said to Brendan following his declaration of protection. "That's so kind of you."

Alba cleared her throat a bit.

"I'll do the same for you. I'll make sure you can get home as well."

"Oh, and as for if they'd take you or not, maybe they could be reasoned with. I mean, leaving murderers behind to die would basically mean the rescuers would be murderers too."

Alba shifted herself down the pew closer to Brendan and smiled.

"I think they'd want to look as good to the world as possible."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba smirked a bit when Brendan called her a strong heroine out of a book. It was flattering, no doubt, but it was hard to believe she could have a book about her. She hadn't done a lot of heroics so far, and she wasn't sure she was cool enough to be one. Still, it was a nice compliment, so she'd take it.

"Yeah, I'm sure we can reason. I think I can be pretty persuasive," Alba said.

"And if not, well..."

Alba shrugged.

"I'm sure I can persuade them. I know I can."

Alba smiled and put a hand on Brendan's shoulder.

"But you know, if I'm going to be the heroine of a book, I need to actually save you at some point. If I keep waving Bradley's gun around and saying 'I'll protect you!' without doing anything, I'll look super dishonest."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba's smiled lowered as Brendan told Alba not to kill anyone, not even to protect him. She was surprised to hear something like that. Yes, it was wrong to kill, and yes there would be times where it could possibly be justified. But to completely refuse to do it sounded hard in a situation like this.

"I don't understand," Alba said. "So, if we're both attacked, and someone like- I don't know, Kimiko- was about to kill you, you wouldn't want me to stop them?"

Alba lowered her hand from Brendan's shoulder.

"I mean, yes, I would want to find a way to stop them without killing them, but what if it became clear that there was no other choice? I don't want to kill anyone, but what if it was someone really bad? What if it was to save you? Or Bryony? Or anyone else here? What if it is to stop a dangerous person from killing anyone else?"

Alba felt her jaw start to shake. Everything was starting to pour out of her.

"And, what if you did die because I refused to kill your killer? How could I live with myself knowing that?"

Alba looked Brendan directly in the eyes. She could feel her eyes start to water.

"Sorry, but Brendan, are you asking me to let you die?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba tensed up when Brendan put both of his hands on her shoulders. It stopped her babbling and allowed her to listen to Brendan. He really didn't want to die either. Maybe it was a moment of weakness, or maybe he was trying to appear cool to her, but now it was clear that he was as afraid of dying as everyone else.

Alba rubbed her eyes. No tears had fallen down her cheeks, but they sure were close. She nodded to Brendan, looking deep into his eyes.

"Great. Then don't die. It's as simple as that."

Alba put her hand on one of Brendan's.

"If I can save you, I will. If you can save me, feel free to. No matter what happens, I won't judge you. Does that sound good?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Minor GMing approved))

"Great. I'm glad we're in agreement."

Alba smiled again. It looked like she and Brendan were on the same page. They'd protect each other, and they'd make sure to do the right thing in the end. It was likely not going to be so easy, but Alba wanted to believe she could be Brendan's hero if he could be hers. She kept her hand on his and slowly stroked the back of his hand.

Alba was thankful for this moment. In the midst of all this death and chaos, they were able to sit in God's domain and have an intimate moment with one another. No matter what else happened on this island, Alba knew she had received a blessing to have such a good talk with her friend. She had made a few mistakes so far, and she was going to correct them if she could, but if she had Brendan with her, she knew she'd be able to do something with her time here.

Maybe that's why she did what she did next. As she looked Brendan in the eyes, Alba suddenly moved forward. She closed her eyes, praying she was aiming correctly, and planted her lips against Brendan's. She pulled away after a few seconds and opened her eyes again. Suddenly, a wave of embarrassment came over her.

"Oh. Um..."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Crap. Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap.

Alba stared at Brendan as he stuttered in response to the kiss. He looked as surprised by that as she was for doing it. Mentally, Alba began to curse herself for making things even more awkward.

"Sorry," Alba said, starting to blush. "I don't know why I did that. I just...uh...went with the mood..."

Alba bit her lip. This was getting weirder. She had blown her first kiss on a moment of spontaneous passion, and now it made things weird between her and her friend. Alba clenched her teeth and stood up.

"Well, anyways," she blurted, "we should make sure the area's secure, so I'm going to do a once-around the church and then we can barricade ourselves in or something."

Alba grabbed the rifle and her bag and quickly walked to the door.

"Hang on tight, I'll be back soon," she said as she pushed the door open and stepped outside.

Alba nervously laughed to herself as she walked outside and started to move around the building. She hoped Brendan would at least let her have a few minutes to cool off before she came back in. He probably needed the time too.

((Alba Reyes continued in The Scarlet Garden))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Chapel · Next Topic »
Add Reply