Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,709 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
in all the joke-posting nobody will notice i'm gay

(role received)
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zetsumodernista
Jan 27 2017, 02:22 AM
i am confirm

and don't worry yugi your secret's safe with me

VOTE: Yugikun

You're still the worst tho
wow lynching me 4 being gay what a homophone
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Jan 27 2017, 04:02 PM
Have I ever admitted that I've never actually watched/read Battle Royale before

because here it is
same
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Jan 27 2017, 04:31 PM
I read like five pages of the manga once

wasn't for me
same

(except replace five chapters with four volumes)
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ITT: Nobody has read Battle Royale
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Jan 27 2017, 07:48 PM
Read book and manga, watched movie. I'm the nerd in class you all hate.

Also, really don't like random joining the nascent wagon on Yugi under the pretense of a joke vote.
There's a wagon on me? Honestly all I really see are joke votes.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Jan 28 2017, 04:11 AM
any thoughts of interest yet?
Not many (although that'll soon probably become many as more people move out the joke phase), although I do have a question to ask you. Any particular reason you only named Deamon as someone who didn't vote in the first post here? It's probably nothing big at all, but it's sorta been on my mind since I first saw it so an answer or something to make me not think of it would be cool.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(hi kotorikun how's it goin')
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so.

I'm probably just stating what someone else has said but I'm really, really not big on Brackie's post here. It just reads as an attempt to just sorta stifle discussion and stop the game from getting out of the joke phase, which isn't really a townie move or ideology at all. Not going to comment on the snippy way it's done since I can vouch on Brackie having a really bad day but the snippy response to Paige afterwards isn't something that's really helping their case at all.

I'm also going to second or third or whatever the notion that Kiriyama is probably an SK, with mafia probably being some of the more minor bad guys such as Mitsuko, Nidai, or Yoshimi. It's sorta too late for flavour talk though and BR is pretty clear cut with the morality of its characters anyway so if someone flavourclaims a role we can probably assume whether that flavour would lie with whether the name is more human aligned or wolf aligned.

Will need to read over the fogu/zetsu thing and make a read for myself since my eyes kinda glazed over that but you're being a little aggressive in what you're saying there, fogu. That's rude.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikun
Jan 28 2017, 08:00 PM
I'm also going to second or third or whatever the notion that Kiriyama is probably an SK, with mafia probably being some of the more minor bad guys such as Mitsuko, Nidai, or Yoshimi. It's sorta too late for flavour talk though and BR is pretty clear cut with the morality of its characters anyway so if someone flavourclaims a role we can probably assume whether that flavour would lie with whether the name is more human aligned or wolf aligned.
Gonna also add: obviously that person can still be lying even if they give a flavour claim that lines up, I'm definately not saying that we should just trust people if they claim as someone, that was a mindset that nearly screwed town over in TV Tropes mafia and other games I've seen.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
im gud at constructing sentencez u gaiz
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Paige, have you got any reads on people other than those three?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
IDK, just from what I remember of the source material I wouldn't be surprised if she popped out as scum.

It might just be the BRAU blurring my head, though.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Jan 29 2017, 01:58 AM
Yugi: man, all those posts and all this flavor speculation! Almost like you want to look productive without giving us anything concrete so that we can't dig back and draw conclusions based on who gets lynched! Like you want to be a strong, active voice without helping Town! What would that make you?
Three things.

1. Only, like, one and a bit posts were entirely focused on discussing flavour. Technically two and a bit, but one was an addendum to something I already said so I'm personally not counting it.
2. Every instance of when I was talking about flavour was in response to someone else. The first was as part of a catching up thing where I covered the discussing of Kiriyama being a Serial Killer and the second was Brackie replying to what I said.
3. I do this every game I know the source material to regardless of what role I have I just find it a good way for me to get out of the joke phase and into the game proper why do people keep judging me for doing this :(
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alrighty then. Off of the top of my head:

• I'm imagining Deamon's town. Past actions (within the first day phases of Ru Paul and Bastard Mafia, where he was town) thus far line up with present ones (gifs, shade), and don't line up with games I've seen him be mafia in. I could be wrong since it's a long time since he's been a member of mafia but I'm willing to trust his previous town behaviour here.
  • Same with Primrosette, past actions (in TV Tropes and Bastard, off of the top of my head) line up with present ones, since she's being fairly passive/bandwagony (and, if the results of this are to indicate, is probably going to be considered for lynching at some point this game by people who don't realise this happens every game). She hasn't been mafia at all in previous games, but I'm sorta willing to trust myself here as well.
  • Still don't like that post of Brackie's, just comes off as an attempt to stifle discussion that's happening and the responses since even though they theoretically should be considered more townie just don't sit right with me.
  • RC needs to post more.
  • I'm willing to buy that Zetsu might be a townie who's more inexperienced with playing mafia on a forum platform (given they've only seemed to play it IRL before now) but I also don't think Dad's (fogu's) scum. As aggressive as he is, this was not how he played in Cambodia mafia, and although I do give him credit to switch playstyle between games I don't think it would be a change this big.

Anyone else you want me to cover?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply