Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,710 Views)
NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi guys, bye guys, hope you make it out alive guys.

I'll be reading the game tonight and posting more in depth - I'm at work right now. Let's try to focus up, people - we're approaching the point of the game where rapid fire post flooding is better for scum than town especially if there aren't multiple reads at one time.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

(Also, quick blurb, but nothing we've done yet is remotely close to flooding. A handful of pages is basically nothign. Hopefully we're on the same page, but I don't want anyone to feel like they might be punished for chipping their two cents in, or reluctant to post their opinion for a mythical 'good of the Town'.

In other words, I like discussions like this because they offer the most real information. I'm respectfully going to ask you not ask people to tone it down until it becomes a problem a la V4P2.

Enjoy the free soapbox. ;P )

I reject this gift of a soapbox. Also, solid point - when I said that, there was a solid amount of blitzposting from page ~43-46. Absolutely don't want to stifle conversation, but from my point of view the last Mafia I was in it was used as a smokescreen.

Suspicion on inactives - lol what else is new.

Suspicion in case of godfather - ehhhh. I dunno, I'm not super keen on jumping hard at the first possibility that goes against a cop claim, either. Will need to look into Prim a little bit.

Boogie's confirmed not-insane cop - Plush on day 1 flipping inno is good. I'm willing to let Prim stick around but she doesn't get an invite to the town block party.

Time to do a deep dive. Will post more later.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Re: Doctor talk - If Prim's telling it straight, it seems like we've got a setup that's heavily bent towards town having lots of information and it's ensured that we always have a role to get us information. My money is on a doctor, personally, but with this sort of pass-the-buck kind of setup for making sure we have a tracker, I could see a doctor not being in play as a town power role.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

See, that was an honest mistake, but your immediate jumpiness and retaliation reads as more interesting to me.

I've been thinking that you're scum all game and godfathers show up as innocent, plus two trackers with it passing to you because Candy died?

VOTE: Deamon

Looking at a backslash/Deamon scum team I think. this post is useless and is just turning a narrative against someone, grasping a bit at straws - see backslash coming up with the idea and Deamon just jumping on it.

Also, reading pretty casually there, Deamon. Comfy in your scum seat?

Decoy. it's wonderful to see you active and participating. What do you think we've yet to learn from the game setup?

Prim. Could you elaborate on your scum feeling from Deamon? I'm getting the sense that you're tunnelfighting.

Vyse. Elaborate on the Prim scum a bit for me, please. I've got my own read and I'm hesitant to trust you for reasons that should be evident.

Yugi. Thoughts on Decoy's play so far?

backslash. Thoughts on the Deamon/Prim beef throughout the game?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

You're going to yell at me for buddying or something I'm sure, but I'm feeling we're actually trending towards the same wavelength at present, except I'm hitting the brakes and you're hitting the gas.

Not really. I'm liking you for my town block right now. The 'I don't trust you' bit was more for comedy. Don't cast aspirations on what I'm about to do until I do 'em.

Your second link borked, also, led me to Prim's ISO, but I sort of get the gist.

Prim, what's your thoughts on backslash, in addition to my questions above?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, I'm holding off on revealing my prim stuff until they post so I don't build a defense for them. JSYK.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Snide remarks aside, other than Prim who jumps out at you, Deam?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All in due time, friend. What about them jump out?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Espi: I'd love your reads as well, since you're following along. What jumps out for you about Deamon? Prim? Decoy?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After reading back through to page 15, I'm actually going to

Unvote Deamon and

Vote: Espi

Espi's been opportunistic at every turn and lurking hard. I'm not too happy with it.

6am here, so when I get the rest of my responses I'll build my case, you'll all see it my way, and we'll lynch a scum this day phase.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Espi's one of our guys for sure. On page 21 and I've yet to see anything aside from steering away from the Flare lynch that was started up on D1 and adding fuel to the frogue lynch.

@Espi: You're in the hot seat, come sit down and let's chat a little bit. Let me hear your reads, son, from all the way back.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Take a page from Deamon's book, essentially.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so here are my big list o'reads

TOWN: Vyse, Zetsu, Deamon, Prim(~)

Deamon has consistently pushed activity and has explored other leads. He's the off-tank when he's on-town and he's very good at this role. He's in my town block.

Zetsu: Is a town based on his last few reactions to Prim.

Vyse: Only truly confirmed town at this point.

Prim: Iffier here, but a) they seem very genuinely confused at this point and frustrated, and aren't articulating clearly which is being misconstrued as reticence. b ) I don't really see the flavor as off, really - having a pass-the-tracker isn't super unheard of especially if there are roleblockers in play - it guarantees that Town always has information.

SCUM: Backslash, Espi, Toxie.

Backslash is thriving in the confusion right now, and I really don't like the push when clearly we have a townie panicking and on their heels.

Toxie: Doesn't post, jumps on wagons.

ESPI: Is scum. Guaranteed, bona-fide scum. When Espi plays town he is just happy to lurk in the background and not contribute at all but when he's scum he pops by now and again as a friendly face to push wagons. He tried to divert the flare lynch and only ever talked about frogue D1, and has consistently only tossed his .02 in whenever someone else has an opinion. I don't like lynching him right now because we've probably got a bigger target in the actives, but he's scum and he should definitely die.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Prim, my biggest advice at this point is forget that Mafia exists for a day. Do some thinking on how everyone is playing, just hang out in chat and talk concepts. If you want to re-engage, take a look at decoy's ISO and tell me what you think.

link

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Feb 17 2017, 06:20 PM
NotAFlyingToy
Feb 17 2017, 06:15 PM
Take a page from Deamon's book, essentially.
I don't get it.
Meaning ignore any wagons on yourself and go a-hunting. Just take the fucking compliment.

V6
V5
Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply