Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,713 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Got my role!
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Candy
Jan 27 2017, 06:59 AM
VOTE: MURDERWEASEL
does this count as an escape attempt?

Also quick question: the roles are based which version of BR? I'm assuming the movie because of the clip in the first post, just want to be sure

(Got me role)
MurderWeasel

I have pulled thematically mostly from the movie and the novel, but in slipshod fashion—a character's role may be based on any of their depictions.

From the introductory post. There's also twice as many potential roles as there are players, so that's something to keep in mind when we start trying to narrow down who's who.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
read the book you heathens
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Jan 27 2017, 08:04 PM
Brackie
Jan 27 2017, 07:23 PM
YOU ARE ALL PHILISTINES
trufax: it's an exciting time for archaeologists studying the philistines
It's true, we're having a great time.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not much a fan of Riki joining the push on Zetsu, less a fan of frogue being suddenly extremely aggressive based on... confusion? I'm confused too, having a hard time following the frogue/Zetsu back and forth and to me Zetsu's actions aren't leaning scum hard enough to merit that kind of certainty.

Eager to hear Paige's further thoughts in light of that and the vote switch.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Gramps" is Paige-code for frogue.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
fogu
Jan 28 2017, 06:09 PM
@backslash zetsu and deamon suggested i should ask fewer questions and provide more analysis. that is my analysis.

it isn't scummy to be confused. it's scummy not to try and clear up what's confusing you
Fair enough. My thoughts on Zetsu sit between "panicking newbie" and "panicking scum" right now, but I'll have to sort back through his responses to everyone talking to him to solidify one way or the other. My immediate impression isn't leaning strongly scum, but we'll see.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Your tears are delicious Vyse

boogie staying silent is kinda sketch - it's not totally out of his playstyle, but it's also pretty much his MO whenever he's scum to stay out of the spotlight early on. Consider this a poke for response.

Paige, Deamon, Brackie, and Randomness seem null to good to me right now. Frogue, Bik, and Grim are null to scummy, the first two for reasons I mentioned before and Grim because I was getting a bad vibe from him before the zetsu/frogue/riki deal popped up and then he slipped under the radar when suspicion started to fall on others. Everybody else is neutral/not enough out of the ordinary from their usual play to raise a red flag.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Jan 29 2017, 04:23 PM
Posted Image
You don't exist.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm having a hard time figuring out what to make of Frogue, honestly. I know he's got irl circumstances that restrict activity right now, but he was super active earlier in the phase with those still applying. I don't feel like it's enough to vote him yet. Vyse honestly looks normal to me, I can't get a read on him this early.

I'm more suspicious of Bik and Grim, because they've both been pinging me a bit but slipped more under the radar with the frogue/zetsu exchange. I would be comfortable voting one of them if we can get a majority agreement so that a split vote doesn't happen.

Also @Prim We can discount anybody actively being suspicious since we know for a fact that there's no jester.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue is iffy; I'm not super stoked about a lynch on him, but he has majority right now I could live with it if it comes down to that. I don't really like the "oh frogue is always argumentative" defense because it's sort of true but ignores the fact that he isn't usually this straightforward about it on Day 1. That, coupled with the sudden drop off and the fact that his irl reduced activity reason makes it hard to gauge whether he's lurking or not, bugs me.

I'll go Frogue if a more appealing option doesn't appear by tomorrow. Day 1 no lynches are my worst enemy.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cake
Feb 1 2017, 10:32 AM
backslash
Jan 31 2017, 09:40 PM
Frogue is iffy; I'm not super stoked about a lynch on him, but he has majority right now I could live with it if it comes down to that. I don't really like the "oh frogue is always argumentative" defense because it's sort of true but ignores the fact that he isn't usually this straightforward about it on Day 1. That, coupled with the sudden drop off and the fact that his irl reduced activity reason makes it hard to gauge whether he's lurking or not, bugs me.

I'll go Frogue if a more appealing option doesn't appear by tomorrow. Day 1 no lynches are my worst enemy.
I agree, Day 1 no lynches are not ideal for town. So let's work one out, between our choices.

You haven't referenced the other leading candidate for a lynch as of yet. Flare is not too far behind from Frogue in votes. Just one apart.

Would you vote Flare over Frogue? Do you think he's more or less scummy? Why?
Flare doesn't look significantly different to me from other times I've played with him - actually the most alarming thing concerning him is how easily Paige came to his defense to brush off suspicion, but she kiiinda did a similar thing to Frogue. It makes me eyeball her more than either of them, really. My other hesitation to vote Flare right at this moment is that doing so would tie the vote with just about a day left in the phase, and I can't rely on somebody else switching their vote or jumping in if they hadn't voted yet. I'd much rather tilt the scales in the direction of a probable lynch than a probable tie resulting in No Lynch.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cake
Feb 1 2017, 11:01 AM
backslash
Feb 1 2017, 10:49 AM
Cake
Feb 1 2017, 10:32 AM
backslash
Jan 31 2017, 09:40 PM

I agree, Day 1 no lynches are not ideal for town. So let's work one out, between our choices.

You haven't referenced the other leading candidate for a lynch as of yet. Flare is not too far behind from Frogue in votes. Just one apart.

Would you vote Flare over Frogue? Do you think he's more or less scummy? Why?
Flare doesn't look significantly different to me from other times I've played with him - actually the most alarming thing concerning him is how easily Paige came to his defense to brush off suspicion, but she kiiinda did a similar thing to Frogue. It makes me eyeball her more than either of them, really. My other hesitation to vote Flare right at this moment is that doing so would tie the vote with just about a day left in the phase, and I can't rely on somebody else switching their vote or jumping in if they hadn't voted yet. I'd much rather tilt the scales in the direction of a probable lynch than a probable tie resulting in No Lynch.
Vote: Flare

I've removed the one vote difference.
Well, fair enough.

Vote: Flare

Clarification: is it eleven just to get a lynch, or eleven to hammer?
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Feb 1 2017, 01:40 PM
I guess I should get to changing my vote. I have waited long enough.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Frogue
...Why tie up the votes now?
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Feb 1 2017, 01:57 PM
I guess I could change to Flare, even if I still don't really think that Frogue is town.
If you're not committed to lynching Flare you can just unvote to untie the votes.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply