Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,721 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
role confirmed

VOTE: Riki

because boo
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I move to ban crabs.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I still want to ban crabs.

And truffles. I thought it was candy. But it turns out they're pigs.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have I ever admitted that I've never actually watched/read Battle Royale before

because here it is
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I read like five pages of the manga once

wasn't for me
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie
Jan 27 2017, 07:23 PM
YOU ARE ALL PHILISTINES
trufax: it's an exciting time for archaeologists studying the philistines
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I love the post-joke phase snark phase.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How are those questions pointless? The first one is important as it helps people who haven't played with you before know what to expect from your style. The second one is important as it helps ground any discussions about flavour that may come up later on.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie
Jan 28 2017, 11:27 AM
General Goose
Jan 28 2017, 11:16 AM
How are those questions pointless? The first one is important as it helps people who haven't played with you before know what to expect from your style. The second one is important as it helps ground any discussions about flavour that may come up later on.
i) just search my old username in the mafia board and you'll find how I used to play, there's no need to publicly interrogate me for brownie points.
ii) you can just google the characters and you'll find out what they did in each version of the story. Either way that's kind of pointless and up for interpretation since outside of the blatantly obvious two we have no idea who in the flavour will be scum and who'll not be scum. I've played Toben's games before - alongside his desire to see the town work and analyze for their victory, the flavour is never obvious.
I admit they're not the most super-productive questions around, but yeah, at this early stage, they produce debate and help give everyone an idea of what sort of mindset everyone else is bringing to the table, as Paige has already said. But your arguments about why the questions are pointless don't click for me. Firstly, it's useful to know how people self-assess, and not everybody will go read your posts to get a full taste of how you played. Just useful to know how much experience you bring to the table.

And secondly, yes, you can google/wiki the characters, but in almost every game I've played where flavour debates become important, it is easy to tell who is relying on looking things up and who is drawing on actual knowledge. With someone like Toben running the game, that's even more true. If he is using flavour in a strange or unpredictable way, then yes, flavour knowledge will be helpful in dissecting that.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Perish the thought
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry to see you go, zetsu, take care~

So, as always, I struggle to follow the big debates and major confrontations, so I have no real thoughts on the whole zetsu thing. There are a few people that I think need to be prodded, however, so I'm gonna quickly discuss them.

Espi and decoy are low-activity, yes, but have committed some substance into things. Not tremendously original stuff, but it's possible to know roughly where they stand (Espi more than decoy). But Toxie and RC need to say more. So does boogie. Out of the current crop of low-activity posters, boogie concerns me the most. He has more posts than the others, but has said as much/as little as Toxie and RC. He's posting relevant content, but not productive. He's reading, but hasn't contributed.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry, what does ISO mean again? It's been a while, I forget the lingo.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah yes. Thanks.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I also would very much like things not to descend into a tunnel fight. Simply because I can never follow them, and then people ask me for my opinions, and I'm like "I have no idea", and it's all very embarrassing.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reminder to self - read up to page 19
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply