Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,725 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've finally read through this long thread (though it's 3:15 am, I'm in bed and on my smartphone with classes and job-work tomorrow and I need some sleep bc it will be a long day.) Now I'm checking in. I was gonna wait and have a thorough look at folks when I had the time, but it seems time is winding down and I feel like I need to get at least a little in just in case things cease before I get the chance to do anything.

I'm quite rusty, but feel free to ask me stuff in the meantime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
Jan 31 2017, 05:34 AM
I genuinely don't think fogue is scum, but I must reluctantly concur with Deamon. That flip tells us a lot more, given the strong opinions we've seen.
Why not vote Flare instead of Fogue?

You genuinely believe Fogue is not scum. So what about Flare?

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Candy
Jan 31 2017, 07:54 AM
*raises three fingers* one is Frogue, the second is Vyse, and the third is Flare

I no trust them
- What are the reasons?

- Do you think all three are scum?

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Feb 1 2017, 03:26 AM
So I just lost a massive post. Going to rewrite after I kill myself.

Blip to Psych though, in the meantime.

Thoughts on Doc?
Although I do not agree with a number of her thought processes so far, Empress Plush does not seem overtly suspicious to me at this moment. When she starts mind-bending reality once again, then we'll talk.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
R.C.
Jan 31 2017, 05:02 PM
Mafia game thread starts like always, people who are active like Vyse are active as always. I agree at the lynch > no lynch policy.

Yeah, we should lynch one of the lurkers.

Yeah, I am kinda lurking, but whatever. I'd vote people to get a reaction out of them.
RC. What is your opinion on either of the two leading wagon lynchees? (Flare/Fogue)

We must reach a consensus to prevent a no lynch situation/wasted day phase. Lynching lurkers is not beneficial at this time, especially with no momentum for it. It's down to two viable candidates right now.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Jan 31 2017, 09:40 PM
Frogue is iffy; I'm not super stoked about a lynch on him, but he has majority right now I could live with it if it comes down to that. I don't really like the "oh frogue is always argumentative" defense because it's sort of true but ignores the fact that he isn't usually this straightforward about it on Day 1. That, coupled with the sudden drop off and the fact that his irl reduced activity reason makes it hard to gauge whether he's lurking or not, bugs me.

I'll go Frogue if a more appealing option doesn't appear by tomorrow. Day 1 no lynches are my worst enemy.
I agree, Day 1 no lynches are not ideal for town. So let's work one out, between our choices.

You haven't referenced the other leading candidate for a lynch as of yet. Flare is not too far behind from Frogue in votes. Just one apart.

Would you vote Flare over Frogue? Do you think he's more or less scummy? Why?

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Feb 1 2017, 04:58 AM
Posted Image
Meme image, On Point. ^

@ Espi. & Grim. It's a little too late in the day phase to consider lynches on each other for this phase. If you both have our town's best interest vote on one of the two viable lynches.

@Grim now is not the time for OMGUS. You had your vote on Frogue earlier. I'd like you to answer these questions I had in reference to that:

http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/single/?p=11035911&t=9014336

Quote:

Why not vote Flare instead of Fogue?

You genuinely believe Fogue is not scum. So what about Flare?

I too would like to hear your response to Vyse's question about side-eyeing EP and Vyse.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Feb 1 2017, 10:49 AM
Cake
Feb 1 2017, 10:32 AM
backslash
Jan 31 2017, 09:40 PM
Frogue is iffy; I'm not super stoked about a lynch on him, but he has majority right now I could live with it if it comes down to that. I don't really like the "oh frogue is always argumentative" defense because it's sort of true but ignores the fact that he isn't usually this straightforward about it on Day 1. That, coupled with the sudden drop off and the fact that his irl reduced activity reason makes it hard to gauge whether he's lurking or not, bugs me.

I'll go Frogue if a more appealing option doesn't appear by tomorrow. Day 1 no lynches are my worst enemy.
I agree, Day 1 no lynches are not ideal for town. So let's work one out, between our choices.

You haven't referenced the other leading candidate for a lynch as of yet. Flare is not too far behind from Frogue in votes. Just one apart.

Would you vote Flare over Frogue? Do you think he's more or less scummy? Why?
Flare doesn't look significantly different to me from other times I've played with him - actually the most alarming thing concerning him is how easily Paige came to his defense to brush off suspicion, but she kiiinda did a similar thing to Frogue. It makes me eyeball her more than either of them, really. My other hesitation to vote Flare right at this moment is that doing so would tie the vote with just about a day left in the phase, and I can't rely on somebody else switching their vote or jumping in if they hadn't voted yet. I'd much rather tilt the scales in the direction of a probable lynch than a probable tie resulting in No Lynch.
Vote: Flare

I've removed the one vote difference.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Jan 31 2017, 02:53 AM
Scum lynch > Info lynch >> No lynch
I am in agreement with this formula.

Both wagons of either Flare or Frogue would be informative lynches, from my point of view with accordance to how many people had an opinion on either.

The Flare bandwagon votes contain more players that I've been agreement throughout the game and whom I believe I can trust for the time being. The case is simply a tad stronger than the one on Frogue. The tone/vibe of some of Flare's posts had my eyes narrow occasionally, particularly the posts where a middling stance between two sides was taken with no votes until called out, positioned where opinion can change depending on how the overall opinion of the other players went. I found myself agreeing with his voters and disagreeing with Flare's retaliatory posts and reasons against his accusers.

Main issue against Frogue is the sudden silence, though from what I understand from you all, he's just not been on the forum since his last post.

Preference is Flare on this vote, but I would not be completely opposed to Frogue, in order to seal a lynch, should one lynch become more likely than the other.

In short: Take => Scum lynch > Info lynch >> No lynch.

Frogue = Info Lynch
Flare = Info Lynch + More probably Scum Lynch.

(Flare = Info Lynch + More probably Scum Lynch) > (Frogue = Info Lynch) >> No Lynch

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Feb 1 2017, 02:53 AM
I just want to clarify I've been defending Frogue. Not well at all, not super hard, but I've been kinda pushing back on a lynch I find silly, and have had some trouble understanding until recently.
What is it about the Frogue lynch wagon you find silly?

You consider Frogue town is that correct? What is it about his play so far that makes you defend him?

Riki

That aside, we still have two days so I'll keep thinking whom I'd place my vote on.

Yugi

If people need my vote I'll be willing to help. Anything that can just get us a lynch today.

We now have one day. Clock is ticking. Vote Frogue or Flare. Preferably Flare, but that's just my opinion.

Riki

Well that was kinda cool.

Cool enough to vote with me, right.

@ Dmboogie, Brackie, Decoy, Toxie (anyone else I've not already addressed in my posts, or missed)

I did not forget about you. It's voting time. Please also state your overall opinion on both candidates/why you voted the way you did.

@ General Goose - Would you like to form a Declaration of Friendship, for your great Truffles and Crab Ban references? Oh and also, I'd like you to vote too.

Murderweasel: Could you update the vote count for awareness sake?

I believe we need at least eleven votes to a lynch, so let's get down to it, town.

(I'm tired, catch you all, later today)

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Good luck, friends!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply