Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,990 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VOTE: YUGIKUN

Because it's nine in the morning and I haven't had my coffee.

Role confirmed.

PSA: Never wash a Chief's coffee cup.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As to all this argument about Zetsu, isn't this his first mafia on this board? I did warp through some of it because I had work, but still.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
UNVOTE

VOTE: FROGUE

Looking between the two, I'm gonna go with Frogue on this one - I'm still trying to understand the reasoning behind Flare (I am racing through this at work, though), but the push on Zetsu didn't seem kosher to me, since, as I said, Zetsu was the new guy.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf

decoy: decoy has three posts. The first is a joke vote. The second expresses confusion about Zetsu. The third is this:

Grim, while lurking might be seen as suspicious for most people, I always lurk. Even when I don't try to. Hell, the only times I've been constructive, I was scum.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose

So, there's a group of low-activity, low-justification voters (mostly Frogue voters, one Flare voter whose behaviour Vyse has already pointed out the issues with), that make me suspicious.[/url]

My justification for voting Frogue was that I was suspicious of his pushing of Zetsu, who is an inexperienced Mafia player. As such, I felt it somewhat suspicious that Zetsu was being pushed for what I felt were rookie mistakes.

Empress Plush

I'm not a fan of Decoys logic of "I can be unhelpful and it proves I'm town." As usual I think that the lurkers need to step up or be put on the chopping block below anyone making big scum plays.[/url]

FOS: EMPRESS PLUSH

Okay, not really. You do have a point. I was intending to say that since I play like that very frequently, the fact that I lurk is not as useful a barometer of how scummy I am as it might be for others. Adding the fact of my past performance was faulty logic on my part.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Edit of previous post:

General Goose

So, there's a group of low-activity, low-justification voters (mostly Frogue voters, one Flare voter whose behaviour Vyse has already pointed out the issues with), that make me suspicious.

My justification for voting Frogue was that I was suspicious of his pushing of Zetsu, who is an inexperienced Mafia player. As such, I felt it somewhat suspicious that Zetsu was being pushed for what I felt were rookie mistakes.

Empress Plush

I'm not a fan of Decoys logic of "I can be unhelpful and it proves I'm town." As usual I think that the lurkers need to step up or be put on the chopping block below anyone making big scum plays.

FOS: EMPRESS PLUSH

Okay, not really. You do have a point. I was intending to say that since I play like that very frequently, the fact that I lurk is not as useful a barometer of how scummy I am as it might be for others. Adding the fact of my past performance was faulty logic on my part.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So these are the possible ideas I have:

• Someone possibly got blocked or saved two nights in a row.
  • The third death that happened Night 1 was Cake's (as in, he made that kill), and there are only two factions.
If the second is true, then the question is: do we have an SK and no vig, or a vig and no SK?

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash

Wait, hold up. So we had a mafia-aligned tracker, a town-aligned tracker, and the tracker ability was somehow passed on to a vanilla townie after death? How does that work?
The possibility exists that Prim is a Backup - a player that starts as Town, but takes on a certain power role upon the death of the original holder - in this case, Prim would be the Backup Tracker (since Candy was eliminated Night 3)

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NAFT

it's wonderful to see you active and participating. What do you think we've yet to learn from the game setup?

So the idea of a Backup exists, it's just that I've never been in a game that's used it, and I don't know if the Backup has ever been used on this board.

If Espi is telling the truth, then it was ether he or Cake that killed Flare, and Espi might have been behind Randomness or Grim Wolf's death and has gone to ground to prevent losing his power.

Deamon's statement means that, assuming truth, backslash is Yukiko Kitano (I did read up on BR for understanding)

What kinda gets me is that Night 3 only had one real kill, EP notwithstanding because EP's elimination was a suicide due to Randomness's death from being a Lover, but that means that two factions have, for a time, gone to ground, so to speak. If Espi is telling the truth it might make some sense, but that still leaves the other faction - someone's laying low.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Prim - Sorry to hear that. I have faith that you will get better

@Goose - My only real issue is with the Backup Tracker claim - I've never heard of it being used here, and as such am slightly suspicious.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Toben

NAFT is Yuichiro Takiguchi, the Innocent Child.
Role confirmed.
NAFT

...his distance from the game and insistence on focusing on the like, flavor of it seems off to me.
I assume you mean the fact that the idea of a Backup seems off to me, no?
Vyse

We will have the same number of lynches left if we do not lynch, but substantially more information. (I'm advocating a Toxie lynch as being effectively the same thing as a no-lynch.)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should at least try to get somebody who isn't Toxie if Toxie's going anyway on the idea that this would bring up a double-or-nothing situation - it's a risk, yes, but it could be worth it.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply