Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 10:53 PM (13,997 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
decoy73
Feb 20 2017, 02:17 PM
Toben

NAFT is Yuichiro Takiguchi, the Innocent Child.
Role confirmed.
NAFT

...his distance from the game and insistence on focusing on the like, flavor of it seems off to me.
I assume you mean the fact that the idea of a Backup seems off to me, no?
Vyse

We will have the same number of lynches left if we do not lynch, but substantially more information. (I'm advocating a Toxie lynch as being effectively the same thing as a no-lynch.)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should at least try to get somebody who isn't Toxie if Toxie's going anyway on the idea that this would bring up a double-or-nothing situation - it's a risk, yes, but it could be worth it.
It's not double or nothing. It's something or nothing.

Lynching scum now would be nice, but it would not actually give us another phase. That's why I'm saying we literally only gain from lynching Toxie this phase. (Again, effectively a no-lynch, but without leaving him any wiggle room.)

It's also worth nothing that if both modkills *are* Town, and there are four scum players, we literally cannot lynch scum. (4 scum, 6 active Town, 7 to lynch.) This makes lynching now an extremely bad idea.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If one of the modkills is scum, as we can hope, it's still 3 scum players against 7 active players. If literally everyone in the Town comes together, we can just barely lynch scum, if, and only if we make no mistakes at all. (Yugi > Decoy > Goose?)

I'm not going to lie, looking at the heavy Town power revealed at this point in the game, I'm expecting scum to have something to compensate. A bigger, four-man team is looking likely. A three man team is nice if it happens, but not something I'm counting on.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm doing this.

VOTE: Toxie. This ensures Toxie dies this phase, without upsetting the lynching balance. Again, it's basically a no-lynch, but confirms the modkill we are assuming will happen.

As things stand, scum likely have too much control over the lynch, and potentially can prevent us from lynching scum at all simply by not voting. We lose nothing waiting a phase, and we gain significant information via flips.

If nobody else agrees, then I'll vote scum. Currently leaning Yugi > Decoy > Goose(?) all things staying the same.

Backslash, you're probably one of the better people at math still in the game. Naft, Deamon, Zet, trusting your opinions as well. Yay/Nay?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vyse

Backslash, you're probably one of the better people at math still in the game. Naft, Deamon, Zet, trusting your opinions as well. Yay/Nay?

bruh I'm an anthropology major, I don't do math

In all seriousness though, I'm agreeing with what you're saying here. I never took my vote off Toxie so I'm fine leaving it there whether we manage to lynch him or not. I'm not sold on an Espi lynch at all until I see Prim's flip, and I might rank decoy slightly scummier than Yugi but either way they're both scummier than Goose atm.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Feb 20 2017, 03:21 PM
Vyse

bruh I'm an anthropology major, I don't do math

In all seriousness though, I'm agreeing with what you're saying here. I never took my vote off Toxie so I'm fine leaving it there whether we manage to lynch him or not. I'm not sold on an Espi lynch at all until I see Prim's flip, and I might rank decoy slightly scummier than Yugi but either way they're both scummier than Goose atm.
M'kay, thanks.

Two down, five to go I suppose.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not being paid enough to do maths.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kinda not liking Decoy for how he ignored my math and pushed it as double or nothing.

Caveat - It's Decoy. Yeah.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Feb 20 2017, 03:35 PM
I'm not being paid enough to do maths.
Then nod your head and praise me, for I have delivered math unto you.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I used to be able to do maths, but then I quit my engineering major and that part of my brain magically stopped working.

Uhm...yes. The math checks out.

Scumnulling Yugi and Decoy, but not enough to risk a flip on either until we have more info.

I feel more or less comfortable with throwing in my VOTE: Toxie, but I wanna see if we can get more info out of Yugi and/or decoy before hammering.

My thoughts on them:

Decoy's been lurking hard, while just barely scraping by enough to dodge inactivity, and his posts don't really offer much in the way of reads. Any other time I'd push for a policy lynch there, but we can't afford a mislynch.

Yugi's a mixed bag, but scumnull and trending scummier: his no-voting combined with his echoing of other people's pushes is scummy, his day 1 refusal to back either the fogue or the flare wagon is very sketch just cuz it looks like he's trying to avoid suspicion without having to actually push flare, and this is only somewhat alleviated by his 'yeah, i know I'm not being super original, but I don't really have new thoughts here' disclaimers. Scum can easily put that kind of thing up to avoid having a strong opinion. I still like his push on candy, even though she flipped town, because it was a hard push based on pretty solid reasoning, but I'm biased because I thought Candy's play was scummy af. Could've been a legit push, could've been scum targeting flailing townie. I've already brought up why I don't like his play this round, though I'm inclined to believe out-of-game claims to tiredness, since lying about irl stuff is highly frowned upon. The main thing about Yugi is that while his plays can be characterized and understood from a town perspective, he still looks scummy.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
decoy73
Feb 18 2017, 08:41 PM
@Prim - Sorry to hear that. I have faith that you will get better

@Goose - My only real issue is with the Backup Tracker claim - I've never heard of it being used here, and as such am slightly suspicious.
I think Backslash already touched on this, but since I can't seem to find the post, or any response - what makes it so unlikely Murder decided to use a role that hasn't seen much use here before?

It just seems a really odd thing to base doubt on.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Yugi - Oi! How goes the life? Any comments?

I'd ask you questions, but honestly I'm just wondering if you have any opinions at all? ;P

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Feb 20 2017, 10:00 PM

I'd ask you questions, but honestly I'm just wondering if you have any opinions at all? ;P
I'm down with the Toxie lynch, if that's what you're asking me, but I'd actually prefer to have it happen through a no-lynch rather than through putting our votes on him. That way the phase goes all the way through to its natural conclusion and if something happens between now and that time (say, someone counterclaiming after taking their time doing so or anything else that might happen, IDK) we have enough time to react and change our votes accordingly.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikun
Feb 20 2017, 11:42 PM
VysePresident
Feb 20 2017, 10:00 PM

I'm down with the Toxie lynch, if that's what you're asking me, but I'd actually prefer to have it happen through a no-lynch rather than through putting our votes on him. That way the phase goes all the way through to its natural conclusion and if something happens between now and that time (say, someone counterclaiming after taking their time doing so or anything else that might happen, IDK) we have enough time to react and change our votes accordingly.
Honestly, I disagree.

The most dangerous thing for us right now is apathy, and drawing the phase out unnecessarily is not helpful. This is an argument we will be able to discuss next phase, with more information. The best part of this strategy is that even in the ridiculously unlikely event somebody counterclaims, and it's too late to change votes, it doesn't hurt us. That's what I spent ages Math-ing about.

If anyone has anything new left to say, after already having had five days to say it, there's still time while we're moving forward towards a lynch. That said, if we're just going to lynch Toxie anyway, there isn't any good reason to take our time about it. It doesn't add anything new to the table. It just discourages what activity we have.

Basically, it's hard enough creating activity in endgame. Don't make it worse. Unless there is a reason to draw things out, when we will be in a better position to have this argument next phase, please just vote.

#Math

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vyse, I'm down to clown. I'm also for lynching Decoy before Yugi at this point - I think they're both scum, but I'm not sure.

Also open to the possibility that Zetsu's hoodwinked us, though. That's me with my paranoid hat on. Right now townblock is Deamon, backslash, yourself, and I, with zetsu and Goose floating around outside of it.

Following the prim flip, boogie and Espi can join us - not that I'm counting on their support considering we haven't heard from them in a while.

VOTE: Toxie
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply