Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Act II, Scene I; open, day 4 5 pm
Topic Started: Jan 22 2017, 02:56 PM (388 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Noah Whitley continued from The List of Adrian Messenger))

"Why would gay men prefer to have a shaved cat as a pet compared to other cats? Because they hate hairy pussies."

Noah scoffed to himself.

"No, no. That doesn't make sense. That's not even a stereotype of cat owners. Come on, you can come up with better."

Noah continued to walk towards the helipad. It had been a long, awful day. He got the shower he wanted thanks to Mother Nature, but he hadn't found anyone he wanted to find. He had checked out the dorms, and aside from finding what was clearly a body under a sheet (he didn't bother to look under it. He knew it had to be a stiff), he didn't see any of the girls. He decided to return to the shoreline and walk along it in case any of them decided to return to the area. Still nothing. He just continued along the shoreline until he reached the Supply Depot. It was an area he hadn't been before, but he figured someone could be there. After all, they had two days to move around the island. They could have stumbled across the area.

He decided to go to the helipad. The elevation would probably give him a better view of the area. He had also spent the day trying to tell jokes to himself to keep his spirits up. Aside from telling himself jokes he had heard from various movies and TV shows, he tried to come up with a few. He figured doing so would keep his mind active and keep him slightly grounded.

"Okay," he said, seeing the steps leading up the helipad nearby. "What is the difference between a velociraptor and Barney the Dinosaur? One-"

Noah froze when he noticed there was a dead body near the steps. The corpse was a complete mess of some guy Noah wasn't sure he could recognize. There wasn't a sheet over this one, so Noah had to take the sight in. The shattered legs, the stab wounds, and all that blood. Noah shook his head, then bolted up the stairs.

"Look for five minutes, then get the fuck out of here," he told himself.

Noah continued to make his way up the stairs, Sawlaska bumping into the rails. He really, really, really, really, really hoped the killer wasn't on top of the helipad. The ideal visual at the top of the helipad was one of complete emptiness and no threats present.

Of course, this wasn't an island of ideal visuals. So instead, Noah arrived at the top and noticed a girl looking at a charred pile nearby.

"Oh, fuck me," Noah muttered to himself.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh! Hannah! Hey, sorry!" Noah said, raising his arms up a bit, keeping Sawlaska pointed to the side.

Hannah Kendrickstone was someone Noah remembered from the school theater. She was an actor, while he stuck to hair and makeup. Now they were just a boy and girl freaking out on some island somewhere. It looked like Hannah didn't have as much luck as him in the weapons draw, waving a plank of wood around.

"Yeah, I was just coming up here to get a view of the area. But um..."

Noah looked past Hannah at the char pile on the helipad. There was some shape there that didn't look quite right to him.

"...I'm guessing there's something more unpleasant to look at right here."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Tara?" Noah asked.

Tara Behzad was someone Noah knew from theater back at Kingman. They weren't close, but were both into doing makeup for actors. However, if Hannah was suggesting that the thing there was once Tara, then Noah was prepared to faint.

"Uh...why would that be Tara?" he asked.

Noah stepped a bit closer, trying to focus on the object in the distance. He could start to make out a vague human shape on the pile. His jaw started to quiver as he tried to keep talking.

"I mean...was she..."

Noah wanted to keep talking, but he suddenly felt lightheaded. The words weren't coming out, and now Noah was sure he was going to faint.

So he did.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah's eyes started to flutter as he returned to consciousness. As he lay down on the floor of the helipad, staring up at the gray skies above, he squinted as the rain continued to fall. He let out a moan and closed his eyes. His head was killing him. He thought it was because he fell to the ground, but it occurred to him that the various distractions of the island- particularly the two corpses in the vicinity- had distracted him from the throbbing pain in his forehead.

Noah rubbed his eyes, trying to get the rain water out of them. If it hadn't been raining before he fainted, he could assume this was when he woke up from a dream. SOTF wasn't real; he was having some crazy dream brought on by something that happened at the science museum. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. It was still happening, and he needed to get up. If he tried to talk while laying upside down, he'd probably drown like a turkey. He was sure he'd been called a Turkey before, but not a literal one.

Noah propped himself up and sat up. Hannah was kneeling beside him with a bottle of water.

"Don't worry," he told her. "Waking up after passing out outside is a typical Saturday night for me."

Noah started to chuckle, but paused to let out a sneeze. He sneezed into his elbow and sniffled. That wasn't a good sign.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hey, don't worry about it," Noah said to Hannah. "I've seen worse things in my life. Glitter, for example."

Noah chuckled, but then let out a cough into his shoulder. Crap. This wasn't good. All that running around in the rain with minimal protection and a bullet wound in his leg was starting to turn against him. He looked around the area. The only shelter was the helicopter by the edge, which looked half-ready to fall off. There weren't many other options, so Noah turned to Hannah.

"Uh, yeah, I think I'm gonna go get some shelter before things get worse for me out here."

Noah sniffled and stood up. He began to walk over to the helicopter, using his free hand to shield himself from looking at what remained of Tara. As long as he positioned himself in the right side of the helicopter, he would probably not go plummeting over the edge.

Heh. What's more likely to kill me right now? A helicopter crash, or a fever? Let's find out.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah looked over the helicopter. It was close to falling off, like Hannah said. Noah wanted some shelter, but more than that, he didn't want to go falling overboard to his death. Fortunately, the door was close to open, so he could compromise.

"Okay. I won't go all the way in. Just the tip."

Noah pushed the door open and sat on the floor of the helicopter. He was covered, although still slightly exposed to the rain. If the helicopter decided to go tumbling over the edge, he could at least quickly jump out and scurry across the helipad away from it.

Noah set Sawlaska against the side of the helicopter and pulled his bag over, searching for his first aid kit.

"I know the terrorists are assholes, but they better have gotten us some good meds," he said.

Noah let out another sneeze. His head was starting to feel cloudy, so hopefully he could get some medicine into his system before he passed out again.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Nah, I'm good," Noah said. "I'll just take whatever pills they've got and hope for the best."

Noah pulled the first aid kit out and began to search through it. They did have aspirin and Ibuprofen like Hannah had said, but nothing in the way of antibiotics. Looks like he'd have to tough this out the old fashioned way: sleep a lot, drink a lot of water, conserve energy, and pray it gets resolved before he spends too much time.

Noah opened the Ibuprofen and popped out two pills. He placed them in his mouth, dry swallowing them.

"It's a start at least," he said to himself.

Noah then looked around the area. There was the body on the pyre, which was still giving him the heebie jeebies. He felt the helicopter shake a bit, not enough to fall, but slightly enough to make Noah think it could fall. He started putting the first aid kid away in his bag.

"So, yeah, I think I should move indoors. What about you?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Great," Noah said. "Anything with a roof will do for me."

Noah slung his bag over his shoulder, then reached and grabbed Sawlaska. He then paused, slowly inhaled, then jumped off the helicopter and moved forward. Noah knew he wasn't that heavy, but any weight could send the helicopter tumbling off the edge. He remained in place, but didn't hear a cacophony of crashing metal below. He turned and saw the helicopter was still there. He let out a sigh of relief and chuckled.

"Oh man. That could have been the biggest disaster in my life since my last bleaching," he said to Hannah. "Alright. Let's bounce."

Noah walked away from the helicopter and Tara's remains and towards the stairs. All he wanted was a place to lie down in silence for the next thirty-six hours. He wasn't likely to get that, but considering he felt like shit, he would really appreciate some time to rest.

Noah sneezed again as he began to walk down. He wondered if anyone had ever died from a fever in SOTF. He wasn't sure how he'd feel if he would end up being the first.

((Noah Whitley continued in If We Could Have Tomorrow in Technicolor))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Helipad · Next Topic »
Add Reply