Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Remember Everything
Topic Started: Jan 18 2017, 03:00 PM (351 Views)
Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Travis Lynch continued from No One Gets Left Behind))

Even though everything was if Trav was being nice, pretty suck. He felt much better just being out of the asylum. Everything about the place felt off and gave him the creeps. It had a strange apocalypse vibe to it; as if life had only just ended. It didn't sit well with him.

As far as everything else had been since they'd left, uneventful.

That was a good thing

A lack of action was only good. It meant they hadn't met anyone dangerous, or anyone at all really. They had heard things sure. The announcements, the sounds of the other life on the island, the sounds of violence in the distance.

He hadn't heard Noodle on the announcements, that was the only good news. A lot of other people were playing the game; killing each other and getting rewarded for it. The longer it went on the luckier Trav realised they had been.

Slowly to a stop he put his bag down and lay on the grass on the side of the slope. Pulling some water out of his pack Trav took a few sips, he then thought about Cass and her well-being. Not her mental well-being but Trav imagined things must have been pretty taxing for her. It wasn't like they were doing a lot besides walking but the food quality and quantity was probably having an effect combined with sleeping rough. Like camping but even worse.

"How you holding up? Like physically?"
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Trav grinned to himself at the response Cass gave.

"Sounds about right. We must smell like the inside of a gym bag."

Thinking about it they must have looked awful as well. Four days of nothing but walking, sitting and talking without anywhere close to the proper diet. It was probably all accumulating on their faces but it wasn't like they would be able to notice it. After all they were too busy trying to live through every day.

"Yeah, a coffee would be pretty great. Hell, even a Gatorade."

The one thing Trav couldn't say was that boredom was getting to him. Whenever he felt his mind start to wander there would be something else that snapped him back to attention. Being able to settle was a thing of the past. It could always have been worse.

The grass was still damp from the rain but Trav didn't care about that, lying on some for what could be the last time was an experience he was busy savoring.

"Food is not great either, and I feel really dirty. But hey, I can fix that once we get to the sea."

Trav's fixation on the sea was simple, at least in his opinion. He had never actually seen it thanks to living in Arizona and never having been to Jamaica. So he was set on fixing that life experience but getting to the sea, he was going in it too. He didn't care how cold it was. He needed to at least get in the ocean once in his life.

He regretted the fact he would never get to go to Jamaica. His dad was from there and would sometimes tell him stories about the country and it's weather. Trav also knew other things about it, things he wasn't so keen on but he felt that he needed to go and experience his heritage. That chance had been taken away from him though, he was disappointed about that; it was one of only a few regrets he actually had along with fighting in the UFC and going to a Super Bowl. All of them things he'd had taken away thanks to his insertion into the life and death game he found himself in.

There was no point dwelling on what he couldn't do though. He was supposed to be making the most of the time he had.

"It's probably going to freeze me half to death honestly."

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Way to kill the fun of the sea Wade. Trav didn't want to be harsh on the guy but his ability in social interaction was poor.

"Cass is right." Trav said from where he was lying. "Using the sea to wash isn't the point."

Trav did wonder if he would have to spell it out for Wade eventually and tell him that the entire point they were going to the sea was to go into the sea just because they could. He'd probably hate it. He was a guy that always wanted a plan. Trav had no doubts that if Wade went to a theme park he would make a list of what rides he was going on, in which order and at what times. There was a place for that, and Trav did have to concede that one of those places was definitely a death island.

For now plans could take a backseat to living what life they had left and getting to the ocean.

"Yeah, I just want to go in the sea man. I don't want to bog myself down thinking about all the dirt that could be in the water."

He had more important things to consider anyway, like how Noodle was doing and if she was ok.

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Trav closed his eyes as Wade continued to be the party pooper. Honestly he didn't care if Wade wanted to go or not. He and Cass were going and that was the end of it. Wade could stay or he could go his own way. Trav would have felt guilty if Wade did leave purely over the decision but he also didn't want to be tied down to someone who didn't seem to want to truly embrace their life.

That was the part he and Cass understood, more than the others they had met at least. It wasn't about struggling to survive from day to day. It was about embracing and making the most of what you had. It was what they had been doing since they woke up and Trav didn't see that changing. He pushed himself up off the grass and brushed some loose blades and dirt off his clothes.

"You can wait on the shore man, but I'm going in the ocean at least once in my life." Trav said as he picked his pack up from the floor.

And there was no changing his mind.

((Travis Lynch continued elsewhere...))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Slopes · Next Topic »
Add Reply