Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dark Necessities; briefly private, will open soon!
Topic Started: Jan 16 2017, 01:20 AM (650 Views)
D/N
Member Avatar
Guy Maddin's favorite A.D.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(Kaitlyn Greene continued from Greene's Gulch)

There was some big old bloodstain off in a corner.

Kaitlyn wrinkled her nose. Better than the alternative, she guessed. She spun on her heel and went back to the entryway, looking out to the busted truck outside and the island beyond.

She guessed she liked this southern point of the island the best. There were the docks, and the nearby ocean. And a gnarly helicopter wreck on the roof. And she could hear the waves. Funny how she'd spent her entire fucking life cooped up in the desert only to find out here of all places that she was kinda liking the sea. Kaitlyn always was a bit an outdoors girl, but she'd figured that was limited to desert life. Who knew? Layers.

And she definitely preferred outside to this fucking place, which unlike the pub and the library had no comforts of civilization and reeked of rat piss and... well she'd already seen at least some of what else. There might be some good stuff somewhere, but unless she knocked through every moldy box and pried open every splinter-filled rotting crate, how was she gonna know? The one she had opened out or curiosity had been empty. So yeah, she'd stick with what she'd earned for now. She had more than enough to last.

Once this latest drizzle stopped she'd head back out, maybe hang at the docks a while. Boss windbreaker or not, staying out in the rain wasn't great news. Meanwhile, she'd pass the time here however she could. Wander around, take a breather and give her body a little while longer to--

Speaking of her body, there was a familiar clenching feeling.

"Uggggggh."

Shit.

Like, literally.

Kaitlyn wiped her brow and glanced back and forth. Fucking cheeseburger. She... she couldn't do this outside, could she? But how disgusting was any bathroom in this building going to be even if she found it?

She took one step outside, changed her mind, and jogged back in.

In the end, she couldn't even find a bathroom, but at least the one janitor's closet or something she ran into had a bucket it it. Kaitlyn rested one hand on the wall while the other zipped open her bag. Just in case someone came by. And, well she'd need some... fuck. Maybe she shouldn't have tossed Peter Pan in the ocean after all.

v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Let this be a lesson.

Of what, she had no clue.

So, at least Kaitlyn was pretty much done. She'd been using that survival guide or whatever useless garbage the pamphlet from the terrorists was supposed to be. It gave her an internal smile as she did.

And she'd been relaxing and meditating a bit on that smile, letting her mind go blank. It was a nice fucking moment. Enough of one for her to ignore any outside interruptions until she heard a footstep outside the door.

Kaitlyn opened her eyes just in time to see the door open and a glimpse of Vanessa's face.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

She stumbled forward, dropped onto her knees and shoved at the door.

Okay, fuck this. And that. And everything.

"I've--- what the hell! Knock!"

Her knees knocked together and she pitched forward onto her stomach. FFFFF.

She gave half a second's thought to pulling up her shorts and instead tried to reach to her bag instead and drag it towards her.

v6!
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ugggh."

Ass in the air, Kaitlyn groaned and relaxed the grip on her bag as a couple seconds passed and it was clear Vanessa wasn't about to charge in guns blazing.

Holy Christ. Worst fucking way to die possible.

Instead she pushed up to her knees and started pulling her shorts back up. She stared dully at the door as -- of course -- Vanessa's laughter started seeping through.

"Yeah, me. Yeah laugh it up."

That just seemed to set Vanessa off even more. Or maybe the other girl wasn't even listening, what with the pointed questions and all.

"Whatever. I'm coming out!"

Kaitlyn stood there and tried to figure out the best way to do that for a sec, then nudged her bag towards the door with her foot, cracking it open. She stepped out, still pushing the bag with her foot, hands dangling but wrists twitching. Like she was mentally fighting the urge to either stick her hands in the air or dive down into her bag again. But no need for either of that Kaitlyn. Just Vanessa. All cool.

"Couldn't find a real bathroom. Like... it would've been disgusting anyway. You know?"

Katilyn stared at Vanessa. Finally she laughed herself. Not for long mind you. But good to get out.

"Yeah."
v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
They finished laughing. And Vanessa stepped back and it was cool for a second until that question.

Kaitlyn froze.

"...Is some kind of joke, Vanessa?"

The tension started in her jaw and worked its way out from there. Vanessa was putting on some relaxation pose and asking that question? What the hell was she working at, why would she--

"Is..."

Just like that? Oh, how you doing? She knew, the announcement and the prize and Vanessa knew just like everyone else did. Was she mocking Kaitlyn or something still, or--

"Fucking up to... I-- I was with Alan Banks, OK? He'd told me he had this plan, and we needed a gun, and he jumped Mia and I didn't fucking know what was I was doing when he told me to stick her!"

And the words spilled out before Kaitlyn looked up again.

"I'm not some crazy killer, I'm just..."

And saw that Vanessa's look now was... ah. Funny. Who knew, maybe the girl had slept straight through the announcements or something and this was all news to her.

"Yeah. Taking a shit in the closet.

"...You?"
v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So hey. Vanessa... didn't seem to care.

Unexpected, that.

So maybe this was OK? Maybe Vanessa realized the whole, y'know, REALITY of this situation. She hadn't thought anyone else could, but hey, Kaitlyn could admit she underestimated folks at times.

"I... Thanks. Yeah."

The words were surprisingly tough to get out. She was feeling something here, like an groundswell of emotion building up from her guts, and Kaitlyn wasn't sure she liked it. She'd been trying to avoid that kinda stuff, but then all of a sudden this happens.

Because Vanessa Stone, of all people, fuckin UNDERSTOOD. And it gave Kaitlyn hope. That everyone would. They'd all just... understand shit, like she did.

She blinked and was glad there weren't any tears there.

And thankfully, Vanessa had moved on to her own issues.

"Alessio?"

Kaitlyn tried to think. It was a weird fucking name. There was a kid in school with that name. That was about it.

"Sorry. Only like, really vaguely. He a junior?"

He'd also of course been there on the announcements. Killed someone... oh yeah. Cam Herrig. Yeah.

"But yeah, I probably couldn't even tell you what he looked like. Wish I could help ya. Would if I could, you know?"

v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'm not... Jesus."

Sticking it? Seriously? Well, literally too.

Kaitlyn bit her lip at that.

So what exactly was Vanessa's angle here? She was going after that Alessio kid, that much was obvious. And that worked for Kaitlyn. Long as it wasn't her. And she wasn't showing the fear.

Kaitlyn couldn't help but be impressed. Cause maybe she could work with this. After all, she had someone of her own to look out for, didn't she? Someone who knew exactly what'd happened with Mia and could cause trouble with that. Someone who was kinda losing it himself. Someone who wouldn't be missed.

And someone who Kaitlyn knew was gonna show up somewhere specific tomorrow.

"Hey, maybe we can help each other out. Get each other's backs, ya know?"

That old thrill rolled itself back in her stomach. And it wasn't cramping this time. Hopefully.

"Alan told me he'd be at that chapel tomorrow. I wanna head there. He was... he was really starting to lose it when I took off from him. Like, dangerous. And... if you help me out with him, I'll totally help you out with that Alessio, if we find him.

"Whatcha think?"
v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nononono.

See, Kaitlyn was starting to realize to herself why she needed this. It was the check and balance aspect. Yeah, go off. Meet up with Alan and all the mystery and danger that would come with it.

Bring Vanessa along. A backup. A kindred spirit. And one you controlled; even better. Keep that trump card in your pocket.

And you win that way.

So Kaitlyn was absolutely not about to let Vanessa get away with begging off like this.

"Yeah but... look you're not some crazy kid here Vanessa. I mean, obviously I'm not too cause I'm not going for my gun and shooting you right now, right? So..."

She took a step towards Vanessa and lowered her voice. Secrets between friends, huh?

"Isn't it better if we, y'know, do what we gotta do, but keep it to those kids that are nuts like that? Don't it look better at least?"

Yeah. Best of both worlds. She grinned and stepped back.

"'Sides, you got like... a chair leg there. Are you gonna take out anyone with that? I got a gun and a crossbow. You help me out, we can see about giving you some help for 'Lessio."
v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...And that.

So.

She was a bitch after all.

Cause Kaitlyn sure wasn't dumb enough to fall for a second of it.

--------

She stood there longer than she'd expected to, mentally cursing herself for not chasing after Vanessa. She should have fucking expected it. Should have known not to get her hopes up.

This was how it was going to be. No trust. No understanding. No friends.

Only one way out.

(Kaitlyn Greene continued in This Was My Dream...)
Edited by D/N, Mar 10 2017, 10:45 PM.
v6!

v5!

v4!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Storehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply