Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Seediq Bale
Topic Started: Jan 15 2017, 06:37 PM (535 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Enzo continued from Shock Me))

By the time Enzo got a name for the not-face of mystery-murderer 2k16, he'd kinda stopped caring.

Okay, that wasn't true. Vinny cared about what had happened with Cameron. He cared a hell of a lot because he wasn't a psychopath. What Vincenzo didn't care about was Alessio Rigano. What was the point? He'd already killed Cameron. There wasn't anything Vinny could do to change that, and heck, maybe it would mend the gaping empty pain in his stomach if he tracked down Alessio and kicked his ass ten times over. But probably not. Almost definitely not. She'd still be... gone. One of his best friends. Enzo had better things to do than chase him down.

He just had to, y'know, come up with them.

He hadn't got very far. What he'd managed today was to pin down the feeling that this was more of a guy day. Enzo wasn't sure yet if it was a guy few days, but at this stage, he'd probably be lucky to make it as long as reassessing that. So, huzzah for when Enzo had 99 problems and gender and sexuality was only like 80 of them, tops.

Something shattered in a room nearby. Enzo jumped.

Fuck it.

"Hey, who's in there-shit."

Kimiko.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimiko looked at him.

She didn't launch herself across the room to visit bloody murderisation upon him, so that was... nice. Enzo supposed. He didn't think anyone could blame him for being worried, given the circumstances. Kimiko had done that before. Done, well, murders.

She'd killed Bradley, for instance. Solid gold pain in the ass, but hardly deserving of dying on a shitty island in the middle of nowhere.

Probably, he would've appreciated shitty jokes being made at his expense. That was very Bradley.

He was also ice-cream husband's cousin. Kimiko had killed Brady's relative, and it was... difficult to know how to feel about that. Kimiko didn't look threatening to Vinny. On the other hand, you didn't need to look threatening if your reputation preceded you. People didn't just go 'whoops dearie me!' and accidentally kill three times.

If asked who amongst his class he thought would become a multi-murderer, Vinny would have retorted by asking what the fuck was wrong with the questioner to even have that in their head.

He also knew that he wouldn't have picked Kimiko.

She still hadn't moved.

"Uh. Hi, Snake."

Vinny took a step inside and shrugged off his bag, slowly and nonthreateningly.

"Just so you know, I'm on a pretty firm 'no-stabbing' platform right now. Key part of my campaign actually. Not doing stabbing."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The level of murder in Kimiko's vicinity was remaining at what was apparently an all time low. Enzo wasn't reassured, although realistically if she really wanted to kill him, then she probably would have done it already. She was armed—had to be—and Enzo was not. Vaguely, he remembered something in one of the pockets of his bag. A knife? He'd still never actually got it out other than to move it away from the rest of his stuff, cause he didn't want to reach in for a water bottle and shitty food and get stabbed by his own gear, thanks.

Point was, Vincenzo wouldn't have bet on himself in a fight here.

She backed up a bit, there was a little awkward miming. Vinny did not relax even slightly but vaguely appreciated the gesture, and also felt vaguely bad that Kimiko had a language that he didn't speak.

Enzo went ahead and sat, spinning one of the desk chairs by the chess set and plunking down on it in reverse, leaning their arms on the back.

"I don't know how this would feel, I guess, but if you have things you need to get off your chest, feel free to sign," Vinny sighed, resting his cheek on top of his arms. "Sorry, that's kind of shitty, isn't it? Telling you to speak a language I don't understand. If you want I could talk Italian at you, Snake, make it a two-way fuckup of a conversation."

He tried to smile. Almost.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Enzo waited patiently as Kimiko signed. He'd said that she'd listen; the least that he could do was actually follow through on that.

He felt bad for her, and then felt bad for feeling bad. This was something that Kimiko had been forced to deal with pretty much as long as he'd known her; funny about it having to be that stark to actually give a damn about it. That was one hell of a communication barrier to have to handle on a daily basis, and naturally there wasn't anything here to write on either. Vinny had to wonder if it would make things less frustrating to Kimiko to respond in kind, or just come across as kind of condescending. Probably the latter.

"All right, well. Probably not moving for a bit, offer's open."

He really wished he had his phone. It'd have been morbid as all fuck, but making a couple vines of this would have made him feel better. Kinda like he had a bit more control over all this, more agency to actually produce something. There were cameras, Vinny knew, but they could chop and change that footage however they wanted, pick what to show and what not. How much had happened on these islands that never got 'released' by the terrorists?

Fuck. It was probably someone's job in the government to watch this shit. Poor bastard.

Not quite as poor as all of the people actually here and dying, but that had to fuck you up. Vinny wondered if anyone ever really thought about that.

Vincenzo leaned down for his bag, paused, held one hand up, and moved slow. Kimiko had been courteous enough to do that to set him at ease, so he should return the favour. After a second, out came his water bottle, and he took a sip.

"So my best friend died yesterday," he said, absently. "I was there when it happened. Know who did it. Could try find him if I wanted. Just I don't see the point. Like, why waste the energy on hating Alessio? Could have been anyone," he resumed his spot resting on his arms and closed his eyes for a second, reopening them when he remembered he wouldn't be able to tell if Kimiko was talking. "Fun time adventures in deathsmurderton, right?"

Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Enzo kind of shrugged.

Yeah.

Not much more than 'sorry' to say, was there? That was the same, regardless of whether it was verbal or awkwardly spelled out. Vinny didn't really have another comment to make either. Cameron was just gone, and every time he thought he'd maybe got to the point it didn't hurt, all the emotion just came flooding right back in, gouged a black hole through him.

This was how it felt for Vanessa too, probably. It didn't bring Vinny any closer to calling what she'd done fair. He hoped she was still okay, though. She was Cameron's friend, and Brady's, and B.B's, and he'd sort of mostly been cool with her up until yesterday where she'd blamed him for all the world's ills.

Vinny looked at Kimiko for a long time as she spoke. The sad expression on her face was one thing, but again and again—she killed Bradley. She killed that jerkass, who was nevertheless now leaving a big jackass shaped hole in the world. That was the choice she'd made.

"I reckon that probably says more about how you feel than god does, Snake," he shook his head. He didn't empathise with how Kimiko had acted, but he understood, at least a little bit. "You don't want to die. So if that means number one means more than every other number, then..." he trailed off, another shrug. "Guess that's your call, isn't it? Nobody can make that decision for you. Not god, not some terrorist, and sure as hell not me."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, well, you are."

Enzo straightened up and gave Kimiko an intent look.

"They can't take that away from you, Snake. You'll always be a person."

Kimiko left not long afterwards. Enzo just sat there. So that was what it was like being in the same room as a murderer, huh? Not much different from just being in the room with regular ol' Kimiko from back home.

Which was, he supposed, the point.

((Enzo continued in Serenity Prayer))
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Staff Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply