Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's a Snap
Topic Started: Jan 14 2017, 05:50 PM (1,002 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Toby continued from Ain't Nobody Got Time For This))

More time, more death, and still no Travis.

Toby had managed to eat. Hurray for Toby—she was now functioning on almost a good a level as she would have been back home. Twice in one day, even.

What she hadn't succeeded in was actually doing anything. No people, no supplies and no ideas. She may as well have sat in the bell tower sucking her thumb for as much good as it would have done her. Same amount of accomplishments. Nothing. Nothing. Fucking. Nothing.

The company wasn't helping. In fact, the company was on the verge of getting its throat ripped out.

The cove was barren and empty.

"Why is nobody ever fucking anywhere!?" Toby flung her bag off her shoulder in frustration. She was about to lose her shit. Tired, haggard—she was trying, she was doing her damn best and that was supposed to be good enough. Not this limbo, not sitting around and hearing more and more names added to the dead each morning.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hands on her knees, Toby proceeded to straighten up and fix Jerry with a baleful glare. Oh good, they had food. Oh good, Travis hadn't either killed anyone or be killed. Those were just peachy. Sure they were better than the alternative, but the rest was hardly something to be flippant about. Call it gallows humour or just Jerry being an insensitive dick—frankly she'd ceased caring. It wasn't funny. Jerry wasn't funny.

"Okay, how about I just get my magic fucking carpet and fly us all home? I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to get pissed off!" there was a second where, glancing back to her bag, she was tempted to pick it up and just move on. Then she remembered that it was Jerry who had followed her in the first place in spite of her moving quickly, who was still here, still smarming at her, and her irritation got a second wind. "Do you not get it, Jerry? Do you seriously not fucking get it? How the fuck are you making light of people being dead?"

Back home, people were depending on her. It'd been two, three months of crunching the numbers, busting her ass with the budget to even be able to go on this trip in the first place, to make sure her family would be okay whilst she was... away.

She kicked her bag, picturing Jerry's head.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He called her 'Noods' again.

He said she was being a bitch.

Yeah, fuck the peacemaking and fuck Jerry. Fuck his coping mechanisms and fuck this.

Toby straightened, and then twisted around.

One step forward.

"Say that again. Go on. Go ahead. Go. Ahead."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He just kept talking. Not even just talking, but continuing to make idiotic jokes about idiotic shit—cause hey, this was the greatest time to make movie references, wasn't it?

"Shut up, Matt," as much attention as he was going to get right now.

A logical Toby might have said she was stressed out—like normal. She might have explained that she was worried sick about her younger sibilngs and her parents back home. She may have begrudgingly apologised, attempted to refocus, return to their goals.

She wasn't.

Jerry was taller than her, just barely. It didn't stop her from lunging forward and grabbing two fistfuls of his shirt.

"I am this close to ruining your fucking day, all right? Shut the fuck up before I make you."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Toby didn't shout, she didn't yell.

She didn't even really change expression.

She just pulled back a fist and swung it straight at Jerry's face.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There was definite satisfaction in landing a solid punch. Jerry tried to ride it, but he didn't move enough. She didn't smile—tight, razor focused. It had gone from Jerry being annoying as fuck to being a fight.

Toby could do fights.

And that, quite likely, was why she didn't calm, or deescalate, or take things less seriously. Because this wasn't an argument anymore.

Jerry was still talking, saying something, but she didn't listen and didn't care.

She'd already rolled into a combination, leg kick, jab cross straight cross.

Shut up, Jerry.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She connected, and then again.

The tiniest piece of her, beneath the focus and beneath the frustration, was just the littlest bit satisfied. Toby didn't really do the measuring up thing, but as one of the few members of her own weight class at club, she couldn't help wondering. How would she do against some of these guys in non-sparring, in not just rolling? Full contact just didn't happen in training—which made sense, it was just guys like Jerry taking things too seriously and then getting sat down.

So she'd speculated a bit. And honestly, she'd thought she could take Jerry, and here she was, taking it out right on his smug prick face-

The knife slid cleanly between her ribs.

It did not exit nearly so cleanly.

The blade tore out as she ripped herself backward, crying out in alarm and pain. Something ruptured and all the biology and school in the world couldn't tell her what it was over the burning agony in her chest. Her hands went to the wound, like that could staunch the flow—and maybe it could, maybe that would prevent the blood from pouring out, but it couldn't mend what had been punctured.

Toby's eyes, wide as saucers, fixed on Jerry.

She tried to think of some remark to spit at him.

She tried to think of what apology she could make.

She tried not to think of what would happen to her family without her.

Her mouth filled with blood as she fell to her knees, and then slumped to the side.

G028: TOBY ANDREASSON - DECEASED
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Cove · Next Topic »
Add Reply