Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If It Bleeds, It Leads; (Private)
Topic Started: Jan 10 2017, 05:48 PM (1,037 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nancy Kyle continued from お元気ですか?))

Another day, another restless night. Nancy rubbed her eyes as she emerged from the storehouse. This couldn't... this couldn't continue. Nancy wished she could just rest for one day, but... no. That would be the end.

So she sorely moved. When the announcement played, she listened. She knew she wasn't going to be on them... but there was still some distant, delusional hope that it would happen.

The announcements ended, confirming her suspicions from yesterday. The northwest was no longer a danger zone... she started heading in that direction, trudging along until the buildings faded into view.

Something else also faded into view at the same time. Or rather someone.

Clarice. Clarice was there, and she was with a group of people.

Even if that incident from the first day hadn't been dragged to the front of mind from seeing her, Nancy would have followed them anyway.

She trailed them, trying to avoid being seen. Her eyes drifted to the radio tower, and she stared listlessly as they entered it.

She gulped, before sneaking toward the tower. She moved around to the entrance. The door was closed. The fingers on her right hand curled around the grip of the gun, before her other hand went for the door's handle. In one swift, rough motion, she pulled the door open and stepped in, raising the gun up.

"Hold it."
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy was slow. It was the pain in her shoulder, the ache in her back, the blisters in her feet. Reasons, excuses, whatever. She turned to face Jennifer but she was too slow, and Jennifer's heel connected cleanly with her shin.

She yelled, then, clutching at her shin where the impact was. The gun dropped, but that issue took a backseat to a more salient one. Jennifer was the immediate threat... and the one she had to deal with right now. She was the one she could deal with right now. There was a dull pounding in her shin. Maybe she bruised it, she didn't know. At this point, she wasn't exactly in the mood to care.

Nancy didn't register the presence of the others anymore. They weren't important.

"Y-You..." she spat.

She gritted her teeth, before lunging at Jennifer with a howl, claws bared, ready to tear at Jennifer's throat with her own two hands, if need be.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((GMing approved.))

Nancy wouldn't let this be like Sandy. This time, she'd be the one with the upper hand. And she'd keep the upper hand.

This is what she told herself.

This is what she told herself, as she finally collided with Jennifer, as the momentum carried them to the floor, as Nancy found herself on top of Jennifer, as she slammed her fists down on Jennifer's face.

She wasn't focused on anything else right now. Maybe she should have, since there were, after all, three other people in the room. But she looked straight down at Jennifer... Jennifer, who was looking back up at her with an expression of pure hate...

Nancy threw one more fist down before Jennifer retaliated, her hand jabbing into Nancy's throat. And suddenly Nancy felt herself flying backward, as Jennifer pushed her off of herself. And Nancy, who clutched at her neck, fell backwards onto her rear. And Nancy, whose hands tried to stop her from landing on her back, felt something cold and metallic in her right hand.

And Nancy, who lifted up the gun, fired.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Once again, GMing approved.))

Nancy didn't expect Jennifer to lunge at her. If she did, she would have fired another shot. But it was too late for that particular what-if.

Nancy's breath was knocked out of her as they collided. Her head banged against the floor, which caused her vision to spin. But that paled in comparison to the pain as Jennifer's fist collided with her frame.

"St- St-" Nancy said, but the rest of the word didn't make it out as another blow came down.

Fine!

Nancy swung the pistol, clocking Jennifer on the side of the head with the grip of the gun. This stopped Jennifer, but not for long. Another fist came down, catching Nancy in the nose.

The pain flared up again in her face. With a short yell, Nancy aimed the gun upward and fired another shot.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jennifer's body fell on top of her, and she struggled to pull herself out from beneath the corpse. That was one last 'fuck you' towards her, she guessed. One last act of defiance in the face of death.

With some effort, she finally managed to free herself, pushing Jennifer's body to the side. There was more blood on her clothes again. There was no way she could look presentable, and no way she could presume innocence.

Ha. What a joke. As if everyone didn't already know. She looked around the room... Jennifer's bag should have been here somewhere... ah.

She walked over, looking through the bag. She took whatever food and water was inside, before pulling the chain out.

She dropped it. She didn't need this when she already had the hatchet and the screwdriver...

...and the gun, of course.

The room smelled of blood. She decided to get away from the stench.

She pushed open the door, but she didn't wander far. Instead she sat on a rock. She gingerly touched her hand to her face, wincing at the pain. She looked up at the sky, before sighing.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
The footsteps again?!

She turned around. No, now she was at an awkward angle and-

Something collided with her and sent her sprawling. The grip on the gun still there... still there, up until the point they impacted the ground, at which point it clattered away, just out of reach of her hand from this position.

"Can you not?!" Nancy cried, swinging a fist wildly. It was only now that she saw her attacker's face and realized that it wasn't Clarice, or Kiziah, or Bart, or even anyone she'd run into in the previous days.

She struggled. She struggled to get out from under Leslie, and she struggled to get her fingers to reach her gun.

"Who the fuck are you?!"

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Fuck off with your shit!" Nancy said, her hand still reaching for the gun, she noticed that Leslie's hand was also doing so. If Leslie got it before she did, it was all over. She continued to glare at the girl on top of her, while her other hand kept flailing wildly.

She needed the gun, otherwise...

Wait a minute.

With a grunt of effort, Nancy went to grab Leslie's wrist, the one that was reaching for the gun, and with the other hand she gripped the handle of the screwdriver held within her skirt. She pulled it out in an awkward motion and stabbed it at Leslie's arm.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
The screwdriver sank into Leslie's arm, and Nancy pulled it out as Leslie turned. There had to be... had to be more room now, but Leslie was still going for the gun! Nancy shifted. Just enough... just enough for her fingers to land on the grip. She roughly pulled the pistol to her side, then into her hand.

Her other hand let go of the screwdriver as she hurriedly reoriented the gun, using both of her hands to do so. The end of the barrel was pointed at Leslie.

Nancy's finger curled around the trigger.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
At least this time Nancy had the foresight to push Leslie backward before she fell on top of her.

It made it much easier to crawl away from the corpse. Nancy looked down at the body for a few seconds, before she suddenly grimaced and kicked at the corpse.

Nancy couldn't believe she'd been so stupid as to get caught unaware by this girl. There was a dull ache in her head, and she clutched at it. A long, low growl escaped her lips, before she roughly pulled Leslie's bag off of her.

She stared at the corpse for a few seconds, before her eyes went to the radio tower.

She turned around.

Her name was going to be on the announcements. Twice. She was satisfied for today... so the rest of the day would be time to recuperate. As best as possible, anyway.

((Nancy Kyle continued in 不安心.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Radio Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply