Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I swear I'm not a jumper.; Day 4, around 9:45.
Topic Started: Jan 7 2017, 06:15 PM (362 Views)
dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Asha ascended.))

She didn't want to look, but she knew that whatever gruesome mental images she conjured up would no doubt be worse than the real thing; and decided to just get it over with. She looked down at Wayne's crooked body, thankfully too far down to make out with any fine detail. His wasn't the first body she had seen on the island, or even the most nausea inducing - the girl in the garden that they had passed on their rush out of the chapel had been in particularly poor condition. This was, however, the first corpse that Asha knew, and it was kind of fucking with her.

Without the person inhabiting them, all that corpses really served as were as a reminder that someone had suffered greatly. Wherever or whatever their soul was now, at one point in their history they had been killed before their time; faced with excruciating agony or despair. A perfect monument to moments no one should have to experience. Even if you were lucky and you died naturally, old, and happy; your physical remains would only be a symbol of absence to your loved ones; a you that isn't you.

Confronted with this, Asha began to realize why people preferred to be cremated. She was glad that she wouldn't be "present" for her funeral. Being represented by a photo of herself in happier times without having the peaceful reminiscence ruined by her body lying around and doing the ominous specter of death's work for it, the lazy bastard, was a much better send off.

And so Asha stood, staring at Wayne and trying to understand him, imagine what he had been feeling before he took that fateful plunge; before Dot called out to her, pointing at two stashed bags of supplies. Asha gladly tore her attention away from Wayne's end and moved over to investigate. "I'm guessing that's our stuff!" Her guess was confirmed when she grabbed the bags out the dent they'd been hidden in. Her bag, what was probably Wayne's bag. Everything was still there, minus some food and water.

It wasn't an accident that the bags had been hidden away, hopefully out of reach from anyone who wouldn't have a reason to look for them. Asha was simultaneously touched and annoyed by how unnecessary it had all been. "Apology accepted, you stupid bastard!" Asha shouted to the wind, hoping that the message would reach Wayne, wherever he was. If they happened to meet in an afterlife, he had earned himself both a hug and a slap. She hadn't decided in which order.

She turned to Dot, cracked a smile. "Shockingly enough, I've gotten all the ammo for my taser back! I bet Jae will be thrilled that there's no reason for him to shoot anyone, now." Asha knew that it was nowhere even close to the hour that they had agreed on separating for, so Jae could go deal with his own personal shit; but she still couldn't help but worry. She hadn't even wanted to split up in the first place, for fear of them meeting separate and untimely ends. In the end, she grudgingly admitted that there were things best done alone, and had waved him off with a 'see you soon, okay?' as if those words were enough to guarantee it.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I mean, I've got the power of lightning and Jae's running around with some Renaissance Faire type shit, so I think it's only fair for you to get a knife," Asha said to Dot. Disconcerting as it was that Wayne had probably been hiding it the entire time he'd been with them, they were lucky that it hadn't been in the hands of anyone far worse. She briefly considered making a lazy joke comparing Dot and Mr. Machete - maybe Madame Stick 'Em With The Pointy End - before remembering that Alex had still no shit killed someone. Not exactly the best thing to lighten the mood as they stood several stories above their classmate's body. Considering how big the asylum was, it probably wasn't just Wayne's body that they were close to. A house of the mentally ill and misunderstood brutally transformed into a mausoleum.

It came as a relief when Jae called out to them, confirming that there was at least one more unfortunate soul still shambling through the asylum halls. "Jae! So glad you could make it!" Asha said, grinning and waving. She'd been kinda stressed that entire time, but at least her friend had been considerate enough to return long before they would have had to choose between sending out a search party or writing him off as a loss. Probably would have been sooner, if he hadn't had to climb all those stairs. She supposed that they could have chosen a more neutral meeting place, but it was hard to beat the easy-to-locate convenience and scenic view of the roof.

"Got some good news for you," she said, zipping up and shouldering her bag as she carefully made her way towards him. "We got my bag back, plus some extra. We're not gonna be wasting away anytime soon!" And all it had taken was theft, suicide, and a hot-blooded murder. From the look of Wayne's bag, it hadn't been just their stuff that he jacked. Hopefully, whoever it was had either found replacements or was too dead to be in any real discomfort from the deprivation.

She deliberately avoided any mention of Henry, or anything that had happened during his time apart from them. If Jae needed to talk, he'd talk; and she wasn't gonna rip open those fresh wounds on his behalf. "And since all that's been taken care of... as soon as you catch your breath, could we please find a better place to be? It's kinda hard to relax knowing that the corpse of my prick of an acquaintance is just sorta... lying down there."

Forgiveness was one thing, finding it within her to avoid speaking ill of the dead was another thing entirely, because seriously, dude.

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Dude, that thing's taller than both of us," Asha said, smirking a bit at the thought of her flailing about with the weapon. Upon closer inspection, it looked like the staff had a bit of height on even Jae. Not the most practical stick in the world, especially since all three of them already had their own sharp-slash-shocking implements of intimidation. "But hey, if you hold onto it it'd be a pretty badass walking stick. Like, some Gandalf the Goth type shit."

Jokes aside, there was nothing left for any of them on the roof. "Let's go. I'm sure we can find at least one room without any bloodstains or bodies in it."

((She left, thoughts of Wayne still lingering behind her.))

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · The Rooftop · Next Topic »
Add Reply