Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rank (Your Own) Characters!
Topic Started: Jan 3 2017, 01:23 AM (1,985 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Several months ago, if you asked me to rank my two characters, it would have come out somewhat predictably.

liiiiiist?

1. Lili Williams (v6)
2. Arthur Bernstein (v6)

Recently, however, things have kinda shifted in my head. Not so dramatically that I value Arthur above Lili, but I find that the two are on somewhat more equal footing when it comes to how things played out. Arthur was my "throw a kid in and see what happens" character, but his story wove itself into a narrative that, while somewhat brief, had many moments that I'm proud to have written and scenes I was involved in that I still replay in my head every now and then. His journey was short, but focused, and although I was unable to bring some facets of his character to light, I think that what I did get out was solid enough on its own. Plus, I still have plans for his siblings in Meanwhile going forward, so that's a bonus.

Lili, on the other hand, was a lot more challenging for me to write. I had to try and balance things very carefully in every thread between her coming off as completely having lost it and her being just slightly oddball and strange, and I don't know exactly how much I succeeded in that. She was fun to write, but with this comes the most regret. Things could have gone in entirely different directions than they did, directions that would be fun to explore and still worth exploring in some universe where she has a second chance hint wink wink nudge but overall I think she turned out pretty nicely. I wouldn't call her a comic relief character, but I find myself smiling at her antics most of the time when I happen to recall them. I feel like her highs were higher than Arthur's, but her lows were maybe slightly below.

I don't want to give Kitty a tentative placement. She's not done yet, and I don't know about ranking someone else's kid that I happened to take on for Second Chances at something approaching the last minute among characters that I conceptualized myself entirely.
~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply