Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rank (Your Own) Characters!
Topic Started: Jan 3 2017, 01:23 AM (2,313 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As I posted in Discord:

Asa Rosen (TV2) > Rachael Langdon (V5) > Claire Monaghan (V5) > Noah Whitley (V6) > Nadia Riva (V6) > Taylor DeVasher (TV2) > Alba Reyes (V6) > Louisa Bloom (PV2) > Sophie McDowell (V5) > Brigid Paxton (PV2)

Asa seems to be my most successful character and most well-received. Rachael was my personal best for V5, while Claire was one of my favorites to write. Noah, Nadia, Taylor, and Alba all have short stories (especially all except Taylor since they're ongoing), but I feel good writing them, so they're in the mid range.

Louisa, Sophie, and Brigid all had issues during their stories, and while there were things I liked, I was fairly unsatisfied at the end. Louisa has an edge since I wrote more with her, and while she wasn't perfect, I probably liked her the most of the three. Sophie and Brigid being the bottom are why I'm bringing them for SC 2, since I did little with them I liked, and they need a lot of work.

Feel free to debate these.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Jan 3 2017, 01:29 AM
As I posted in Discord:

Asa Rosen (TV2) > Rachael Langdon (V5) > Claire Monaghan (V5) > Noah Whitley (V6) > Nadia Riva (V6) > Taylor DeVasher (TV2) > Alba Reyes (V6) > Louisa Bloom (PV2) > Sophie McDowell (V5) > Brigid Paxton (PV2)

Asa seems to be my most successful character and most well-received. Rachael was my personal best for V5, while Claire was one of my favorites to write. Noah, Nadia, Taylor, and Alba all have short stories (especially all except Taylor since they're ongoing), but I feel good writing them, so they're in the mid range.

Louisa, Sophie, and Brigid all had issues during their stories, and while there were things I liked, I was fairly unsatisfied at the end. Louisa has an edge since I wrote more with her, and while she wasn't perfect, I probably liked her the most of the three. Sophie and Brigid being the bottom are why I'm bringing them for SC 2, since I did little with them I liked, and they need a lot of work.

Feel free to debate these.
Updated now that my V6 cast is all gone:

Alba Reyes (V6) > Asa Rosen (TV2) > Noah Whitley (V6) > Rachael Langdon (V5) > Claire Monaghan (V5) > Nadia Riva (V6) > Taylor DeVasher (TV2) > Louisa Bloom (PV2) > Sophie McDowell (V5) > Brigid Paxton (PV2)

Unranked: Sophie McDowell and Brigid Paxton (SC2, both)

With how time has gone, especially with other matter factored in, I think Alba and Noah need to be ranked higher than they were initially. Back when I first made this rank in January, these two were on the complete opposite sides of the spectrum for me in terms of who I thought would be better, who I thought would make it farther, and who I thought the site would be more receptive to. That was before March 2017 happened and Noah died violently to Isabel and Alba had her story-changing game with Kaitlyn in the cove.

Noah I think was one of my better attempts at a humorous character (way better than Taylor, at least), but also a chance to be surprisingly emotional. I'm so glad he inspired so many strange ideas for me and allowed me to explore things I never thought I'd do. He's definitely going to affect me a lot going forward as a writer.

Alba was someone I did so little with in pregame and had no ideas for, but she turned out to be one of my favorite people to write. From Naft's challenge of "athletic girl who loves animals," I found myself pushing a lot of ideas that didn't work for other characters, but translated a lot better here, I feel. One day I realized she was basically my attempt to rewrite Sophie, but had a lot more of a natural arc and grew a lot more. I don't think I ever saw Alba's story unfolding the way it did, but I'm really proud I got to write this person.

I'll add the SC2 versions of Sophie and Brigid here when their stories are complete.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply