Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rank (Your Own) Characters!
Topic Started: Jan 3 2017, 01:23 AM (2,213 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Current kids excluded because obviously they're my best characters ever.

God Tier
1. Dave Russell (V5) - Dave was a very easy character to write, and he managed to be involved in a lot of entertaining/useful scenes. There are some things I'd tweak about him with a re-do, but I think as far as my kids go he probably accomplished the most in the space he inhabited.
2. Gabriella Parker (V5) - Gabby, in contrast to Dave, had a tonne of potential that I looked forward to but didn't actually play out. Although early rolls cut it short, I still feel that she managed to get plenty done in her short screentime, and I found her voice quite engaging to work with. Would play again.

High Tier (aka Jackass tier)
3. Alex King (V5) - I love playing mouthy bastards (not that anyone could attest to that), and Alex really got to run away with it in V5. Sadly, her lack of character development keeps her out of god tier, but I'm still proud of the dialogue I got going with her.
4. Jay Harland (Evo) - A villain with brief screentime (and not all of it visible), Jay never the less managed to keep a consistent voice and had a personality I'd be up for exploring given the chance.
5. Mitsuko Souma (BRAU) - I just went ham with Mitsuko and in spite of having to work for ages to actually score a kill, I had plenty of fun with this gal. Elena, I'm still waiting to write Hirono v Mitsuko.

Good tier
6. Yutaka Seto (BRAU) - Although I don't remember much of Yutaka's scenes, I know I liked writing him and his goofy adorable mannerisms.
7. Sandy Bricks (V6) - The only recent kid on the list; Sandy is a tricky one. I do think he did what I wanted him to do more or less, but he was very draining to write and I don't think he was the deepest character as things went. Not bad, but I'm not in a hurry to whip him out again.

Meh tier
8. Rebecca Long (Program V2) - Becky's a success for me because I promised myself I wouldn't hero or swap out of Program V2, and I was rewarded with just missing the final fight. Unfortunately, I knew fuck all what to do with Becky, and never really got her voice down, so she's not high quality in my opinion.
9. Janet Claymont (V4) - My most successful V4 kid, but I never really felt like Janet accomplished a huge amount. Perhaps there was too much living in her own head with the writing, plus I was young and naíve about what made things work.
10. Amber Whimsy (V4) - Amber had a pretty successful pregame, I think, and her one scene on the island seemed to work well enough for people. Still, she just wasn't long lived enough to place higher on this list.
11. Alice Boucher (V4) - I consider Alice more storyspoiler's than my own character at this point, but in spite of her horribly clichéd character I do think I was starting to get something going in pregame, which I'm happy with given it was early days for me.

Yawn tier
12. Ryan Banks (V5 Pregame) - A boring guy who didn't make it onto murder island. I may be able to get into an introvert's headspace, but that doesn't make them interesting reads if they hang out on their own all the time.
13. Janet Claymont (SC) - I barely remember anything about SC Janet except that she was an unnecessary recycle.
14. Yuka Nakagawa (BRAU) - Sadly, I don't remember much about writing Yuka either except for making her a wrestling lesbian who Elena's gal had a thing for.
15. Lucy Ashmore (V4) - Quiet and timid doesn't make good characters, people, not if they don't actually do something.

Embarassing Tier
16. Jethro Stuarts (Program) - I focused way too much on race with Jethro in my head, so I try not to think about this guy. C'est la vie.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply