Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Forlorn and Forgotten Knowledge; Evening, Day 3
Topic Started: Dec 13 2016, 04:00 AM (836 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Caedyn Miller Continued From 血塗れ桜))

"Could use a little redecorating."

Caedyn had gotten into surprisingly little trouble lately. The whole encounter with Nancy had been a rush, but other than that things had managed to stay pretty low. Granted, she and Jazzy had some catching up to do, and that had taken up so much of their attention that she'd hardly noticed the day flying by.

She had a habit of doing that to her. Maybe that was why they worked. Most things, let alone most people, couldn't keep her attention for very long without a challenge, but Jazzy handled it somehow. It never seemed to bother her that Caedyn was a little all over the place, or if it did she kept quiet about it. There was something to be said for both options.

Lots of cuddling and a few swigs of Jane's whiskey later though, it was time to do a little exploring. And here was Rene, their resident geeky bit player. Caedyn was kinda of fond of her; she was quirky little background noise that added flavor here and there without overstaying her welcome. Honestly, it was kind of surprising she was still around here, but somebody had to get lucky. At least she was a nice little diversion to keep things entertaining for now.

She waved at her as she came down the stairs with a grin. "Heya Wolfie," she said as she gestured towards her with the bottle. "Care for a drink?"
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caedyn couldn't keep herself from giggling. Rene was as cute as ever, and the booze probably didn't help keep them down. She cocked an eyebrow as she waltzed down into the library. "Honey, if you can come up with a better time to get hazy, I'm all ears." Best to keep things light and coy for now. Rene seemed a little distracted. Let's pick at that. "You expecting someone, or is this a solo study sesh?" she asked as she gestured towards the shelves. Keeping Rene on her toes could keep her from asking too many prying questions about who she was with or what she'd been up to, and she needed time to come up with a good excuse for...everything? Probably like, everything. That seemed like a good idea. The whiskey definitely agreed. It thought this was a very, very good plan that she should pursue immediately, and it hadn't led her wrong so far, right?
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blair. Well wasn't that juicy. Honestly, she was kind of surprised the stuck-up bitch was still around what with...well, everything. Maybe she wasn't, if Rene hadn't seen her around. Couldn't have happened to a nicer little back-stabber, really. Still, it was best to keep that under wraps. Caedyn just shook her head. "Noooope, haven't seen anybody really. I mean, I was with..."

Her face dropped, and she looked at the ground. Shuffle your feet. Make a nice big gloomy show of it so everybody thinks you care. "I was with Oskar and Jane before...y'know..." Nice and vague. Keep 'em guessing. It wasn't just a show for Rene, people could see this, so she couldn't just lie unless she had to. But as long as she kept them guessing, there was a chance. Everything could go back to normal once everyone was dead, and she was just a victim of circumstances. So far, that'd been real easy. Why hadn't anyone thought of that before.

She glanced up at Rene after letting the words hang for a bit. "I've been hiding since that. I, I tried to talk him down, but he almost killed me too, and then he disappeared, so I think he might, might..." Caedyn swallowed hard and leaned up against the wall with tears in her eyes. "I don't want him to find me. I don't want him to find anyone. Why are they doing this, Wolfie?"

Aaaaand scene. Please, hold your autographs and applause until after the show, there's so much more to come.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why was everything always so wonderful?

Wolfie was off balance, and then here came Blair, all bitch and fury. She was always like this, just acting however she wanted in the moment, like she couldn't give a single thought to the future. Well, she didn't have much of one to start with, so maybe that made sense. Still, she could make that work for her here.

"Hi Blair," she said sadly, "I'm glad you're okay..." Normally, she could bitch back as well as anybody could give, but that wasn't the game today. Just like she hadn't played that game with Jane. Neither of the could see that it was pointless to just fly off like that. As long as she played the whipped puppy routine, she could make Blair look like the dangerous one. "Wolfie told me about Nancy. She's gone though. Could you chill a little, please?"

It wasn't about their past. It was about Nancy. At least, that was the story Caedyn wanted to sell. Make Wolfie doubt her, maybe even make her doubt herself if things went well enough, and get them riled up about the competition.

Caedyn didn't need Oskar. She could bring this home all by herself.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The secret to a good lie was to wrap it up in truth, especially things people knew were true. It made the whole thing more believable. And a little lie like this? It'd be no harder to justify later than trying to soothe Oskar. It was what she had to do to keep from getting hurt. "Oskar killed Jane," she said softly. It'd already been all over the announcements. That wasn't the bombshell. She clutched the dress with crocodile tears in her eyes. "It's not mine...the blood, or the dress. After he shot her, he, he..." She paused for dramatic effect. Swallowed hard.

Oskar was a killer. Worse than that, he was vermin. She didn't need to protect his reputation. "He held the gun up to me, and made me change into her dress. I don't...he called me Jane a couple times, after that." Her eyes went to Blair, then Wolfie. "I think he snapped," she whimpered with a little crack in her voice, "like, like he didn't know who I was anymore, or he was trying to pretend it didn't happen or something."

With that, she looked back around the library with a deep breath. "I dunno. I snuck away while he was sleeping, and I've been hiding here 'cuz..." Caedyn let a shiver creep down her spine before staring at the door, and wrapping her arms around herself defensively.

Beat that, you snarky little shit.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, that was fruitful. Also kinda how things always worked out; she didn't have any sort of plan for this, she just kind of said things and then people got upset and fucked themselves over and everything worked out for her. Jazzy's timing was perfect for a pouty stormout too. "It's okay, Jazzy," she mumbled as she turned towards her, "I think we should go..."

Blair was out there, alone and weak and pissed off. She was practically already dead, and now Wolfie was all turned around. There was probably something she was forgetting, but as she took her girlfriend's hand and started to pull her away, she could only smile herself and shrug it away. Her work was done.

((Caedyn Miller Continued The Latest Story That I Know is the One That I'm Supposed to Go Out With))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Asylum Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply