Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Greatest Sideshow on Earth
Topic Started: Dec 8 2016, 07:38 PM (1,583 Views)
D/N
Member Avatar
Guy Maddin's favorite A.D.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And people.

Shit.

(Kaitlyn Greene continued from Elapsam bunch of stuff)

So Kaitlyn had no choice but to quickly stumble out of the back room in her sock feet, Tessa's boots in one hand and her gun in the other and the ass end of a ration bar still sticking out of her mouth. She stared at the group coming in. Multiple peoples. Even more shit. And the girl Kaitlyn deemed large and in charge by din of having a gun... well, had a gun. Even if she didn't look about ready to go shooting. Good. Kaitlyn raised her gun a but made sure to point it at anyone.

"Heymp," she said. She held up the hand with Tessa's boots in the universal 'hold on while I swallow what's in my maw so you can understand what I'm saying' motion. Or whatever. But those bars were nothing if not dense and it was gonna take a few seconds to finish. She should say something more substantial, but wasn't about to spit it out and lose those precious proteins.

Besides, Kaitlyn was getting used to these bars by now. They weren't that bad, people.

"Hmmrzd," she said. "Dead, yuh."

For sure she was. Mia had been a pretty nice body, all things considered. Mabes, not so much. Mia'd been a quiet thing on the floor of quiet library. Mabes was sitting in her chair in the middle of the pub like some really ill-conceived alternative centerpiece. Which, come to think of it, summed Mabes up perfectly. A bloody, paranoid, rambling, outta-nowhere hot mess who ran seething into every argument and blew her throat open in the what Kaitlyn guessed was the biggest fuck-you she could think up at the time.

Okay. Just a couple more chews and she swallowed the last lump whole. That felt better.

"I didn't kill her. Obviously."

It was kinda disappointing if that was all her libertarian-power cohort could do, though. Which was also totally Mabes. Kaitlyn had charged into the pub from the library just down the road and saw her sitting there, and was struck enough by the site that her first bout of giddyness didn't come round for minutes and was barely even a shudder.

Nah. Instead Kaitlyn just took those minutes and stared at the dead offbeat friend she had here and felt like pisswater. Kinda good, she thought. That she was feeling that way. Cause that's how you're supposed to feel.

But that time was over now and she had to move on to new feelings and new sensations, like the one Kaitlyn got when eyeing those awesome shitkicker boots that would be so much better than her Vans were. Hell, she was so entranced that she hadn't even gone though Tessa's bag yet. Guess she figured there'd be plenty of time to check out the place first.

Sadly, that guess was off-target. But this was all still a decent salvage. It was just Amanda Tan and friends, after all.

Kaitlyn walked a bit closer to Mabes' body. Gotta protect the turf.

"But yeah, I've called dibs on her stuff."

Half-smile.

"I can share some with yas, though. Don't worry."

v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Huh?"

Really now, what did they think. Wasn't Emma supposed to be the school president, here?

Kaitlyn motioned to the broken camera.

"Didn't see, but... seems obvious, Emma. I guess she tried something and, well, that happened. I always told Mabes she was too smart for her own good."

Kaitlyn had never told Tessa that before in her life, but it sounded right. She thought.

"But I guess people are doing stuff, you know. I..."

She broke off for a second. OK. Give it a go.

"Ya know Mia Rose? I found her over at the library. There was a syringe next to her. Looked like she'd, y'know, opted out. People are doing that. At least she probably didn't suffer, went peacefully. Can't blame them."

She eased into a chair and moved Tessa's bag closer to her with one foot. Just keeping an easy grip on the gun; not pointing at anyone in particular. Amanda Tan had a grip on hers, too. Kaitlyn tried not to grin at that. Yeah, Amanda Tan.

Kaitlyn dropped the boots and started worming her feet into them. Mabes looked like she'd had pretty big feet for her height and boots like these Docs were usually pretty roomy, so hopefully they actually fucking fit her well enough cause it'd be pretty embarrassing if it turned out they were two sizes small and she had to change back in front of everyone.

"But they don't need their stuff anymore, and we all kinda do, don't we?"

Amanda Tan with a gun was maybe not entirely a joke, but it said enough. That Amanda was the one carrying instead of Emma said more about Emma. And Kaitlyn wasn't entirely sure about the shrimpy junior girl she kinda recognized, who at least had the sense to agree with her; but if she was truly more than she seemed, wouldn't she have the gun? Not that it was even a nice gun or anything.

"Nice gun, Amanda. Reminds me of the one I used to go turkey shooting with my dad with. Uh... don't worry, we're cool here though, right?"

Now that was some quality... subtle boastful warnings or something? Whatever. She was right, yeah. As rain. Speaking of, there were some dark clouds gathering outside, which Kaitlyn wasn't much a fan of. She'd... kinda hoped to spend the night outdoors, away from everyone. Just in case of whatever the announcements were going to say.

"Yeah, right."

She zipped open Tessa's bag and glanced down. Didn't look like much inside from this vantage point.

"So let's see what we've got."

As she reached inside, still making sure to keep her eyes mostly on the other girls, it occurred to Kaitlyn that she was almost back at the bridge, wasn't she? Playing tollbooth again.

Except that here she was just straight up giving stuff to other kids when she actually didn't have to. Yeah, fuck. It was like the complete opposite of tollbooth.

"Water," she tossed a bottle of water on the floor towards the others.

So why was she doing it? Cause she was fucking smarter now, huh. She was playing smarter, and smarter meant you could play a goddamn magnanimous person when you already had a bag full of another girls stuff after you'd... yeah.

"Bread.

"Uh...."

Hey there was a big flat green thing under that loaf of bread. Kaitlyn glanced back up at the group. Glanced back down at the raised letters.

FRONT TOWARD ENEMY

"Holy fuck that looks like a bomb.... yeah. Yeah it's a fucking bomb."

And snapped her head back up.

Her back and shoulder muscles tensed up again in an instant and then she'd raised the gun to make a quarter-circle of the room. Amanda to Emma to.... junior girl. Jamie, she thought. No, not resting it on anyone. Not, she hoped, to make anyone do anything stupid or anything especially since yeah, she had a fucking bomb here. Kaitlyn wasn't going to actually shoot any of these girls, right, so she... only had to make sure none of them were gonna try anything now.

"Kay, so why don't you...."

She coughed to stifle the giggles rising in her throat.

"Yeah I think that'll be mine. Don't fuckin move, kay? Agree that's mine?"

Funny. Turned it actually was how tollbooth was supposed to be all along, wasn't it? Before Alan had come along and fucked it all up. But hey, he'd only been gone a couple hours and look where she was now.

v6!
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kaitlyn glanced among the three and settled on Amanda when she levelled the rifle at her.

After a second, she lowered the gun. And the bag with the bomb. She chuckled. It sounded nervous.

"Hey. Hey. Look, I'm-- I'm sorry, okay. I'm just... nerves, ya know? Sorry. Look, it's not even-- I've got the safety off, so I'm not shooting anyone here. See?"

She hefted the Uzi for a second again, aiming it at no one. Then Kaitlyn set it aside. No one rushed towards her. Of fucking course, haha.

Which was a good thing, cause she hadn't even tried shooting this goddamn thing yet.

"I was with Alan Banks for a while. But he kinda started getting... he kinda went nuts a bit. Last night he tried to take my gun while I was sleeping. I managed to scare him off, but yeah. Left me a bit jumpy. So... hey."

She slowly put the... what was it a landmine or something on the ground next to her gun, and reached into Tessa's bag. There was some papers that she guessed were instructions on how to blow stuff up beside yourself, and a small green box that matched the coloring on the bomb. She set them aside too, and pulled out one more protein bar. Got to her feet, bag in one hand.

And outside, Kaitlyn could hear it starting to rain. She stepped forward.

"Here you go."

A few more steps, and she delicately set the bag down next to the couple supplies she'd already tossed out.

"Peace offering. I fucked up with that attitude. But hey, we need this stuff if we don't wanna starve to death here, right? So we're cool?"

She tried a real smile on for size. It kinda worked.

"Looks like the rain's started; I'm probably gonna hole up here for a while till it blows over. Leave the gun and stuff on the floor, don't worry. You guys're welcome, but it might be a good idea to get Tessa outside."

Well now.

That hopefully gave Kaitlyn one whole night in a warm place with comfy seating. And a whole night to wait for those... fuck those pesky announcements in the morning.

She left the bag for Amanda and Emma and Jamie to decide how to split things and stepped back.

v6!

v5!

v4!

D/N
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So after they brought Mabes outside, Kaitlyn turned straight back in and half expected Emma or something to be leaping on the stuff she'd left, humping her bag like a dog in heat. After all... well not that Kaitlyn was gonna straight out admit it to herself, but...

Yeah. Say it was probably the smarter thing to do and leave it there.

But thankfully and no, her bag and gun was unmolested and pristine. Really. Of course she'd only been gone outside the door for like 30 seconds. Even if the idea had come up there wasn't enough time. Sure, Kaitlyn would've come to the same conclusion.

So instead Kaitlyn walked over, muttering thanks to the other girls, and sat her ass back down. Gave the group another once-over with her eyes. She'd kinda non-verbally claimed one corner of the pub as hers, and the rest of them were hopefully wise enough to respect it.

So just let them all chill together a while. It beat staying out in the rain. She'd be willing to make a bit of conversation with the rest if they wanted to. But for the most part? She'd just wait it out.

And think of stuff other than tomorrow. Kaitlyn wiggled her toes in her new footwear. Yeah, they were about half a size too small, but still an upgrade. Her feet weren't getting crushed here or anything. Boots, fine. Except may for those stupid cats on them.

Bomb, bitchin. Except that she needed to figure out how the hell it worked.

Announcements...

Fucking announcements. Except everything there.

And later that night when she jerked awake after a few hours sleeping in a chair and still heard the rain coming down she couldn't help get back to that point. Didn't like the feeling.

Kaitlyn had never cried. OK, as a toddler or whatever, sure. Maybe a couple times later on she didn't remember. And she sure as hellrain wasn't crying now. But whatever she was feeling was that sense that could maybe bring about tears in lesser ones. And it mixed with the cold anticipation she liked feeling here and maybe came out the winning end. Right now at least. It was like -- four in the morning? Who the hell knew, she'd say that -- and she'd ended the life of someone she'd liked yesterday. So it wasn't a cardinal sin or anything. But still. Wasn't her.

She didn't cry. She didn't shake.

She didn't fucking blink.

But for the second time on this island, Kaitlyn did blink, and got the hell out of there before the dawn broke and those announcements hit.

(Kaitlyn Greene continued in Miasma of the Dawn)
v6!

v5!

v4!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply