Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No One Gets Left Behind
Topic Started: Dec 4 2016, 12:14 PM (897 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Irene Djezari Continued From They Stumbled Into Faith And Thought))

Going back into the asylum made Irene uncomfortable. On top of the place being ripped from a bad horror movie and full of death, it was a stark reminder of her big failures. She'd left her friends behind to freak out and mope, and now...

She shook her head to try and get the thoughts out. Trav's question made her mind dart down another path and she chased it readily, anything to distract her from being a fuck up. Anything at all.

"Makes you think about how people treat each other doesn't it?"

The others were talking, but she'd latched onto the words so she was barely paying attention. A bad habit, especially here, but she couldn't help herself. 'cuz it did make her think. In fact she couldn't stop thinking about it. Now, the thoughts were spilling out in hushed tones from the back of the group.

"The killers...do you think they always wanted to hurt people?" She looked up at the three of them fervently for confirmation. The gears were spinning now, and she wanted to be right. Needed to be. "L-like, this whole thing, it's not making them is it? We're in it too, and we haven't hurt anybody, so they...they had to just be bad people?" Babbling out of nowhere wasn't a pretty look on anybody, but she couldn't help herself. It'd been rattling around her head, and now that it'd been stirred up again. This whole thing was crazy and didn't make any sense, but if they were just bad, if they weren't people, they were just them as opposed to us, it could all align again. It could all be okay.

If they were just bad people, she could hurt them to protect her friends, and she didn't have to think about it any further than that.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They weren't getting it. Cass was right. Nothing had happened to them, so they couldn't understand. This was different, it just was, it had to be. Cass especially was trying to moralize the whole thing away, but they couldn't really believe that, right? 'Oh, some people just make bad decisions,' like that's all the end of someone's life was? Or like people trying to save their friends lives were what they'd been hearing about for the last few days?

No. They were killers. People who did things like what she'd seen done to Tina, or to Joshua, or to Jane, they didn't just make a bad decision. Irene shook her head quickly and stared up at Cass. "It's not like that though!" The words came out more forcefully than she expected, but she kept going. "All those names...they weren't just protecting their friends. How many times are we gonna have to hear Nancy's name to get that? Or Isabel's, or Kimiko's? I mean, maybe a couple are mistakes, or just people trying to do the right thing, but most?" She was shaking now. Fear, rage, anxiety, take your pick as to why. "Don't l-lie to yourself, Cass," she stuttered.

Irene had had enough doubt about what was going on for everyone already. It seemed like everyone else wanted to do the same thing though, in one way or another. Somebody had to be honest about it. Somebody had to do something. She still didn't know what to do, but maybe if she could make them understand, they could help her.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I don't know."

Her voice cracked as she spoke. Trav had almost made sense and pulled this thing back together, but after all that, the helplessness came rushing back in. What did blaming the terrorists accomplish? Sure, maybe it was "right," but did that help them at all? Could they do anything about it? There were people doing terrible things right in front of them, and they weren't doing anything about it, so what was the point?

"I don't know," she said again as she slumped down across from Cass. "I just don't want anymore of my friends to...and, and I can't do anything about the terrorists, but, but they're here..."

Something. They had to do something. How could she make them understand that?
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Irene didn't have anything else to say. Trav was right. Nothing good could come from trying to take control of whatever this was. She just hated the helplessness of it all. If they couldn't do something, anything at all, then there was no point. Just keep going, cross your fingers, and hope for the best.

Cass seemed really upset. That was her fault too. She shouldn't have pushed so hard, or called them a liar, or stuck around them when she was just gonna be a basket case disappointment like this. Okay. That last shot was unfair. Even her Mad Max Wasteland of a self-image could see that. Still, they deserved better. "I'm sorry Cass," she mumbled, "I shouldn't have snapped at you..."

They were fucked. Totally fucked. On the bright side, at least they'd all seemed to come to a conclusion of getting fucked together.

...she was glad she didn't say that out loud to try and improve the mood. It needed rephrasing.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wade was bugging out, so it was easier to ignore him and just focus on Cass and Trav bailing for a "walk." It made sense. Everybody needed a little air after that. Unless a walk wasn't a walk. Unless they both decided to bail on the weirdos while they had the chance before either of them snapped and left them behind. Unless they weren't coming back and now she'd been abandoned for being a spaz, just like she deserved.

It was so hard to breathe.

Irene didn't say anything for a little bit as Trav and Cass walked away. Eventually, she gathered her things, got up, and went to take a "walk" herself.

It'd probably be awhile before she stopped walking.

((Irene Djezari Continued in How Can I Take Off This Mask?))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Regular Wards · Next Topic »
Add Reply