Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ain't nobody got time for this; Day 3, sometime around noon. No crying about announcements allowed.
Topic Started: Nov 23 2016, 04:29 AM (703 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jerry Fury continued from that thread where they did the thing and he totally bamboozled Ass-ka))

Jerry figured there were worse ways to be. He started the game near a tower, having some awesome monologue (he was pretty sure it was awesome if his memory was to be believed; if anybody had been watching that camera, they were likely moved to tears). Now he was near a tower. That was a bookend, right? ... Wait, if it were truly a bookend, then this would be an 'end', and somebody would be killing him here.

Not desirable.

Not that being killed was something penciled in on the agenda for Jerry "I have a gun now" Fury. He had a gun now! He had a gun, he had a gun, he had a gun, hurrah hurrah hurrah! He wasted no time once out the doors of the asylum pointing it this way and that, making the obligatory 'pew pew' noises and humming some secret agent theme to himself. He had yet another companion with him, this time good ol' Noodle. He hoped Toby would prove to be more useful than Nadia, Queen of the Tableleg or Ben who was only good for that ice cream pun and nothing else.

No, wait, Ben was also good at abandoning people. So much for sticking to a plan, huh? They had it all figured out, and then Ben had to go and fuck off, leaving Jerry to pull double duty. Now, nice guy that he was, he was doing his best to help Noodle find Trav. Finding Trav... it was a task that appealed to Jerry as well, loathe as he was to directly admit it. Maybe they'd get to have another duel if the opportunity presented itself. Jerry imagined the two of them finding Trav, only to find he had succumbed to the evils of the game. He'd demand their weapons, maybe their bread... Jerry would drop his in defiance, maybe stomp it into the ground and challenge Trav to hand-to-hand combat.

Pretty reasonable little daydream, he thought.

"Huh. So this was the thing we all heard ringin'. You've heard it too, right?" Jerry asked Toby, staring up at the structure that looked like it had seen better days. He wouldn't be surprised if a goddamn Hunchback were hanging around this thing. "I mean, not that I blame them. You put a giant bell out in the middle of nowhere, people are gonna ring that shit."
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Wow, speaking for the both of us," Jerry grumbled, clearly deflated. "But you're right."

Jerry turned to the new arrival, who he was about 90% sure had the name 'Matt Moronic' or something like that. If that was not indeed Matt's last name, then the substitute was there only because Jerry mentally replaced it with 'Moronic' ever time Matt's name was ever called over the PA. Never quite had the disposition to say it out loud. To the guy's face, anyway.

"Yep. Proooobably not going to shoot you, as long as you don't do anything dumb," Jerry stated matter-of-factly. "I mean, I've got the means to. Jerry motherfuckin' Fury is packin' but I think we can all agree that firing like a nitwit is just a waste of bullets." He figured it was better to leave off the part where he didn't exactly have a ton of bullets to waste, but more than enough to do the job. Ass-ka was dumb enough to give him a loaded gun after all. Jerry wasn't particularly sure just how many bullets she THOUGHT was in it, but rest assured, he checked, and it was enough to at least kill... what, three people? Maybe two with spectacularly bad aim. Guess that meant he had enough insurance against Matt and two mystery people. Icing on the cake, he still had his switchblade as backup.

"So, uh..." Jerry kept his eyes on Matt, but was speaking to Toby, here. "What makes you so sure it ain't Trav, exactly?"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well, geez, alright," Jerry said, clearly deflated. "I know we're on a death island playing a death game with death bombs strapped to our necks while sick weirdos watch us and proooobably jack off to it, but there's no reason to get all agitated." Jerry turned his back to Matt for a second to watch Toby head toward the bell tower at about half the speed of smell. Chills went up his spine the moment he realized what he had done, and checked over his shoulder to check on Matt... make sure the guy hadn't spontaneously teleported while nobody was looking at him.

Having confirmed that Matt was indeed not Slenderman or Michael Myers, Jerry dug a heel into the ground and pushed off, running by Toby to reach the tower first. "Yep! That sure is a stone tower, alright," Jerry said, craning his neck. From how close he had gotten, he couldn't make much sense of the top. Guess that was something he should have done before getting close enough to kiss the masonry. "Shame it ain't wood; I woulda set it on fire or somethin', get a signal going. Or does that count under 'stupid and getting attention' to you?" Jerry asked. The words were set up perfectly for a sarcastic comment, but his wide eyes and eager tone sold it differently.

"But y'know... for a helicopter or somethin'. And uh, what was that about Alvaro?" Jerry asked aside to Matt. "Think I remember hearin' his name. Maybe, maybe not. He's gone all murder-happy?"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I meeeeeeeean," Jerry said in drawn out fashion, hunching his shoulders and holding his hands out. "On the one hand, I'm with you. I didn't really peg Alvaro for a hacky-hacky, slashy-slashy." Jerry made a noise to punctuate the sentence; it sounded like the bastard child of a giggle and a pig's grunt. "BUT I could think of a few kids that I'd look at and go 'maybe I should be nice to 'em, give them candy so when they pull a Columbine I'll be left out."

Toby seemed to have a pointed tone with Matt right now. Hey, that was fine. He wasn't actually being helpful or saying smart things like Jerry knew he, himself, was. Here, he'd prove it! He pulled at the handle of the door to the bell tower. And pulled. And pulled. And pulled.

"Fucking door!" Jerry grunted, his knuckles white from straining. He released his grip, leaning his shoulder against the door... which promptly gave way, causing the boy to stumble into the building with a start. He only came to a stop by continuing forward momentum to keep his feet under him until he gripped a hold of the stairs.

"I'm okay!" Jerry called to Matt and Noodle. "Found the way in!"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well c'mon," Jerry said indignantly. "You tell me. Don't you think the slightest bit of common-" Jerry caught himself, listening to what he was saying. After taking that extra one or two seconds to catch the words and send them out with some reconfiguration, he reset his tongue: "No, there ain't anybody on the ground, at least. And I hiiiiighly doubt Trav is clinging to the top of the tower like Quasimodo."

Jerry stepped back out through the entrance... though really, from the side he was standing on, it was an exit to the bell tower. Now that he was back outside, he could safely call it the entrance once more. "Sorry, Noodz. Trav ain't here. We should be trying something else." Jerry gave a shrug and a roll of the shoulder. "I mean, I like the guy too but there's gotta be a better way of spending our energy. What if he's all the way on the opposite end of the island and we're.... here we are, being super thorough on the other side. You SEEN the map of this place?"

Not often did Jerry Fury try to be the voice of reason. Even now, when he did attempt it, he probably wasn't the best. But shoot, he had to have a point HERE, right?

"Whaddaya say we look around the point a bit but then turn around and head along the beach?"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well."

Huh.

"Glad, we, uh... we're on the same page here then," Jerry said while stuffing his hands into his pockets and swishing some spit around in his mouth awkwardly. He spit it off to the side and pulled the gun up again, pointing it off into the distance over the horizon. Unless there was a really unfortunate seagull somewhere out of his line of sight and somehow in the path of the bullet, he wasn't at risk of hitting anything.

"Well, we got a pretty powerful weapon. 'Specially against living things," Jerry rambled. "So that means we're better off than most of the schmucks around here, plus we're workin' in numbers. I say that with a quick sweep around the point - if Trav's here, we'll find him." It was the best he got. Man, Jerry knew he wasn't good at this speech shit. He let fists or legs do the talking, and preferably both because his jaw just wasn't up to task. "We'll find'm. You wanna lead, Noodz?" Jerry offered.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, really, Matt," Jerry parroted, sounding considerably more annoyed than Toby sounded confident. "If I was going to shoot either of you, don't you think I was going to do it by now? It's not like you can outrun a bullet. Fuckin'..."

Jerry trailed off and stuffed the gun away, gripping the straps of his daypack. Toby was acting like more of a butt than usual, but it was best to let it go for now. Noodle wanted to go for a run?

Fine. Let's go for a run.

"Make me!" It was the best Jerry had as he ran after Toby. Aww yeah. Nailed it.

((Jerry Fury continued in an accidental Star Wars reference?))
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Jan 14 2017, 06:23 PM.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Bell Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply