Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Haunted Reality; Continued from Desolate Dreams; Open
Topic Started: Nov 22 2016, 04:51 AM (1,146 Views)
Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((Will McKinley continued from The Thing About Life Is That One Day You'll Be Dead))

When he left Nadia at the cliffs, He didn't have time to think of home or any plans aside from one. Will figured it'd be best to cover as much ground as possible, even retrace old areas he's been in the last day to make sure, now that he no longer was distracted. He made his way across the bridge to the other part of the island, he'd seen the asylum on the map and figured Alex would make his way there, with the way he was acting all Phantom of the Opera back there with Rea. He'd definetly setup shop there.

It felt eerie standing outside the entrance. Like, there was a foreboding sense of danger about the place, Will had heard about the abandoned asylums they had in America, locked down and out of public eye for mistreatment of patients and general inhuman conditions they would have. It didn't look any better, fuck if what he'd heard on the announcments were true, then it was going to look way worse.

As he entered the building he noted it somehow looked worse on the inside. The outside looked stable to a degree, the inside was something else. It looked like a fucking graveyard, fitting.

Will decided to check the second floor first and work his way downward, he had his gun out at all times at this point. This was a risky endeavour he was on and any encounter could be a fight. Nobody was going to get the jump on him, not again.

He ascended the steps and looked around the top area. One that caught his eye was a particular corridor, he quickly went down it to find the gates to what looked like Solitary. The gates looked like absolute shite, and in the case of one rusted away. He made his way in.

As he walked down the halls he heard a familiar voice, He tensed up looking behind him as though someone was there before he hurried his pace over to where he had heard it.

"Ben? Is that you?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
He followed the voices to their location. Sounded friendly, but he didn't take his chances of anything. He kept the gun out, but pointed at the floor for now as he came closer to them.

When he saw him just standing there talking he thought for a second that Ben had gone crazy, but then he got closer and saw the girl in the room. It was a weird sight, a far cry from the talk he and Nadia had earlier, no concealed hostility between them, just two tired people looking for peace.

He looked over at the girl first, he remembered seeing her around school, but not much about her. Ben seemed cool with her, he was sitting with her, talking with her. That's as good as friendly at this point. She didn't look too good though, must have been through her own fair share of crap. For now he wouldn't bother her beyond a nod and turned his attention to Ben.

Ben was not in good shape, to say bluntly. He looked like shit and the words just came out of him, bottled up from days of avoiding death and carnage. "Do-don't man." He didn't know what he went through, he might have other regrets, but he wasn't going to make him feel responsible for what happened to her, it's least he could for his friend. "Listen, whatever happened, it's not your fault."

It was at this point he noticed something that caught him off guard, the shape Ben's arm was in. "What the fuck happened? Who did this?" He gestured at his arm, it didn't look good. He brought forward his own bag and started rummaging through it, he could have some of his supplies for that.

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ben didn't want it, or rather like he felt he shouldn't take it. And he wasn't telling him what had happened to his arm. Ben could be stubborn about things to a irritating degree, even so, this felt like a far cry from the Ben back home. But! He is Will's friend, and he will be damned if he was going to let him get himself infected or killed.

"Ben, you need it more than I do." Something had shook him badly, obviously getting shot fucks you up badly, but there was somethig else. Something weighing him down. Will knew the feeling, a sense of failure that refused to leave. Ever growing and festering as the hours went by and more regrets added to it. Made you feel like utter shit, but he was going to stop that. He'd already lost someone to this horrible game, He wasn't going to lose more.

Ben turned his attention over to the girl, Penelope was her name. Will stopped rummaging through his bag as he listened to him speak. Talk of a plan, probably what they were talking about before he came here. Will had no interest in any plans escape or otherwise that was not the one he already had, but Ben obviously was and he wasn't going to leave him hanging. He kept quiet, waiting for her response.

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
In an ideal world, that plan could've worked. Get everyone together and I'unno know, sing kumbaya till the terrorists blew them all up. Be all hippie like and unity and shit. Too bad the world they live in take those ideals out back and old yeller'em. He wasn't about to say that of course. The last thing these two needed was a dose of pessimism.

Ben talked to her now, somewhat stilted as he tried to talk her out of giving up. Not exactly the most comforting words, but what can you do? Neither were exactly good at those, maybe building a connection could work?

"I know that feeling all too well." He said looking right at her. "I lost my girlfriend the first day here to Alex Tarquin and... things haven't been too well since..." He left out the part of finding and shooting that fuck in the face, not the time to indulge in masturbatory revenge fantasies.

Why did he care? Maybe there was some part of him that wanted to do good before fucking it all up with Rea. She had gone through the same, only worse. He at least got to say goodbye to her. She just had to know from that fuck on the announcements.

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Penelope stood up and seemed better. Apparantly their better at this than Will thought they would, as far they knew anyway. They didn't know what's going on up top. All they had were assumptions and loads of false hope. She was now up to doing her plan and Ben was on board apparantly. He wanted him in on it.

Fortune favours the brave who dares. Will wasn't brave nor daring. He was out to kill someone for revenge, that's all he'd been doing so far. No, Ben and Penelope. They were the brave and the daring. Fighting the system.

And It was true! Will never liked Cochise, hell, the faster he got away from there the better. And most of the people there pissed him off anyway, but he wouldn't have met his friends or Rea if it wasn't for moving there, so there was that at least.

He looked at the hand extended to him, Penelope's hand. It was tempting, oh so tempting to just take it and leave this revenge quest behind. Rea would have wanted that, but he couldn't, just the thought of Tarquin winning, going home while acting like a glorified B-movie villain. It was a selfish, stupid reason. He'd known that for days, but Will just couldn't let him go unpunished for this.

"I wish I could, I really do, but there's someone I have to find." He almost didn't know what to do, holding some of his supplies that was for Ben in his hands. Probably looked like an idiot for the folks watching this shit."I'm Sorry." Sorry, a word that by now had lost almost all meaning. Too many times have that word been uttered or thought and yet meant nothing. He was going on a revenge fantasy while the two in front of him were trying for decency, trying to prove they were better than this game.

"I'll try and tell people of this, might get them to stop." An awkward compromise or a stupid way to assuage his guilt? Could be both. "Though since it's from me, they'll probably tell me to fuck off." He wasn't popular around Cochise, part of the reason he hated the place. Not his fault he preferred Scotland to a shithole that held them down and couldn't stop shit like this from happening.

"Oh, and Ben?" He looked over at him; and shoved the supplies into him."Keep it and use it. I better not find you dead because you think you're beneath my supplies, counts for you too Penelope." A small amount of good he can do, he'll probably find a way to fuck it up later.

He started walking out the area when he turned to look at them for a brief second. "Good luck to you both, and hopefully I won't hear either of you on the announcments." Afterwards, he continued his search for his target, who seemed to be further and further away the more he looked.

((Will McKinley continued in (งಠ_ಠ)ง ))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Solitary Confinement · Next Topic »
Add Reply