Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The List of Adrian Messenger.; Open.
Topic Started: Nov 14 2016, 12:58 AM (1,143 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Noah Whitley continued from I'll Carry On When the Valley's Deep))

Noah continued to trudge along through the night. It was now raining, which he definitely did not need. It was bad enough he was nearly murdered earlier today, but now he was cold and wet. He was sure that was going to mess his bandages up, so he'd need to change the bandages once he found shelter.

Since his encounter with Nancy, Noah had been wandering around, hoping to find some sign of Rene or Blair. Unfortunately, it looked like he had completely lost track of the girls. Along with that, he himself got lost himself. It wasn't intentional, but in his panic, he had sort of lost the way to the cabin. He wound up back in the staff area, but he wasn't sure they'd be in the dorms. He quickly moved through them, but didn't see anyone else inside.

Now he was heading back to the cabin. Once he was oriented with the area, it was easier to find the cabin. This was probably the best option to finding the girls. He prayed that they were at least safe inside and that they could get past this awful day.

Noah approached the front door, Sawlaska by his side. He reached for the knob and tried to open it. To his surprise, the door wouldn't budge. His eyes widened. Someone had to be inside. He quickly banged on the door.

"Blair? Rene? Are you there?" he shouted. "It's Noah!"

Noah waited. Maybe the girls barricaded themselves inside in fear of Nancy following them. At the very least, he hoped it would be someone who would shoot at the door just because he knocked. He had gotten his share of being shot at for a lifetime, and now he'd like to move inside and get warm.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah let out a small grunt when the voice responded. It wasn't Blair or Rene, but some girl from the junior class. Noah wasn't entirely sure who this girl was from behind the door, but she didn't seem too threatened. At the very least, she was trying to lead him away from the cabin. As Noah continued to feel the pitter-patter of the rain against his head and shoulders, followed by a shiver across his body from the cold, he knew he couldn't go away so soon.

"Okay, that's unfortunate," he said. "But listen, can I at come in for the night?"

Noah leaned his head against the door.

"I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm not in the mood to pull any murderous shit tonight. I got lost from my friends today, and if that wasn't bad enough, I was nearly murdered by some blue-haired, blood-crazy twat whose moral compass is spinning in every direction right now. So I'd like some relief from all this bullshit for just one night, if that's cool with you."

Noah closed his eyes. He prayed the girl would let him in and at least give him a chance at sanctuary. He really didn't want to have a repeat of his beach scene in the same day.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah smiled once the door flung open. He quickly moved inside, trying as quickly as he could to get away from the rain. The girl mentioned that there were rooms upstairs.

"I know," Noah told her. "My friends and I stayed here yesterday and-"

Noah heard a crackling sound. He turned to the side of the room and saw the fire in the fireplace. His face lit up.

"Oh my god, yes," he said, hurrying over to the fire.

He rushed over to the fireplace, dropping his bag and Sawlaska to the floor beside him. He held his hands out and felt the warmth of the fire start to peel the cold off his hands.

"Oh, that's heavenly," he said.

It suddenly occurred to Noah that he had just ignored his host. He turned back to where the girl was, pulling his hands away from the fire.

"Thank you," he said. "I'm just glad to have something good happen to me today."

Noah smiled at the girl. He hoped the radiance of his smile would dispel any cruel irony that could be born from such a statement.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah held his hands back to the fire as the girl got near him. She asked him about what happened, and what exactly the thing he was carrying was.

"Oh, this," he said, reaching over and holding Sawlaska up, "is some lost medieval weapon to hurl saw blades at people. Her name is Sawlaska Thunderfuck."

Noah set Sawlaska down, then gazed back at the fire.

"But in all seriousness, I was with some girls on the beach when Nancy freaking Kyle came out and started shooting at us. I was the only one to get hit..."

Noah stretched his injured leg out showing off the bandage on his leg.

"...but I got away. Unfortunately, my friends went elsewhere. We were here yesterday evening, so I thought they'd be here. But it's late and cold, so I'll check other places tomorrow."

Noah let out a sigh. The fire was warm, but he still felt a chill. He probably needed to get out of his clothes. He didn't have extra clothes, so he'd have to at least get the shirt off. He began to unbutton his shirt. As he did, he looked over at his companion.

"Sorry, I need to get this off to dry. Don't worry. I have an undershirt on underneath."

Noah continued to unbutton the shirt. He looked over at the girl and gave another smile.

"But yeah, I'm just hoping for a lot. To find my friends, to get rescued, to fall in love, for Katya to win Drag Race in a few weeks, that sort of shit. How about you? What's your story?"

Noah removed the shirt and laid it out flat on the floor near the fire. That was as far as he'd go, and he'd have to pray that would be enough for him to not get sick.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'm Noah," he said to Scout after she introduced herself. "Noah Whitley."

Noah rubbed his hand under his chin. He remembered there being a Clarice in his class. She was a big girl who wrestled, from what he could remember. They didn't have much to do with one another in the past, but he didn't have issues with her. He couldn't imagine how horrible it would be to be in this game with family. It was bad enough knowing the expansive Luz clan was probably here, but for two sisters to be forced to participate must be unimaginably horrible.

"Sorry, I haven't seen Clarice," he told Scout. "I've seen mostly girls here, but she wasn't one of them."

Noah rubbed his neck. He then remembered the girl had mentioned his leg.

"Oh, it's fine," he said, looking at the bandage. "I dealt with the worst part of it earlier, but I'll change the bandage once I get warmed up."

Noah chuckled. "It's probably not that pressing an issue anyways."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah slipped his jeans on and sighed. The evening with Scout had been pretty decent. She was fairly nice to talk to, and he could forget that he was nearly murdered earlier that day. That didn't make the whole situation better, but it was a nice reprieve. Unfortunately that ended the moment he was awoken by the announcement. He had been sleeping peacefully in one of the bedrooms upstairs, with a chair propped under the knob, when he was disturbed from his slumber.

For the most part, Noah was relieved. Sandra, Rene, Blair, and Lily hadn't been named, and Nancy hadn't killed anyone yesterday. People were still dead and the same killers were continuing to kill. Noah knew that things would probably pick up soon. Now he just had to decide if he was ready to use Sawlaska against Nancy or Isabel or whoever else. He prayed he wouldn't have to, but thirty-some dead kids and repeated killers told him the chance would be coming sooner than later. He gulped, and prayed it would stay a hypothetical.

Noah had first gotten out of bed to change the bandage. Then he got dressed, putting on the jeans and dress shirt he had set to the side when he climbed into bed. He rubbed the back of his neck and stretched in place. He didn't have much of a plan for today. He knew he would check the dorms and maybe the shoreline again in hopes that the girls returned. He didn't know if that aligned with Scout's plan for the day, but he'd at least check with her.

Once dressed, Noah grabbed Sawlaska and his bag and stepped out of the room and made his way back to the living room.

"Hey, you awake?" he asked aloud. "How's it going?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh, I'm so sorry," Noah said when Scout told him a friend of hers died yesterday.

Noah made his way down the stairs and over towards Scout. No one he was particularly close to has died since the first day, but every recognizable name hurt. Every day, even the most minor name he recognized had family and friends who would miss them.

"I was gonna step out for a bit," Noah said. "I still want to check out the dorms and the shoreline again in case the others came back to those places. Yeah, the weather is shit, but if you think about it, it's not like we're gonna get a shower or clean water any other way."

Noah adjusted the bag around his shoulder.

"What about you? Are you going to stay here today?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah smiled as Scout gave her plans for the day. She was likely to move along. Part of Noah felt sad, knowing this was possibly the last time he'd see his junior. She had been kind and hospitable when she didn't have to, and he would appreciate that for the rest of his time on the island. He'd have to pray for her safety along with his prayers for finding his friends and for rescue.

I'm planning to kill people.

Noah kept a smile on his face, but his mouth fell open slightly. He certainly wasn't expecting to hear that.

Not just anyone. Just, whoever might be considered a threat. I just... figured you should know. In case I come with you.

Noah closed his mouth and nodded. Four days into this mess, and moral alignments were probably shifting moment by moment. Everyone probably had someone they wanted to kill now. Even Noah had to admit he would probably kill Nancy if he ran into her again. He didn't want to say that out loud or even think that, but he knew there was that possibility.

"Well, as long as they really are threats," Noah said. "Just be careful with who you deem a threat. You know, just so you're not dealing with that Nietzsche he-who-fights-monsters b.s."

Noah adjusted his bag and walked towards the door to the cabin. He opened the door, taking in the sight of the morning rain. He turned back to Scout one last time.

"If you do come along, you're welcome to. If not, then I wish you the best of luck."

Noah stepped out the door, closing it with his free hand. Before he did, he paused, then opened it and peered back in. He wasn't going to let this be so maudlin if this was the last time he was to see Scout.

"Oh, and one more thing," he said to Scout. "Just something to leave for you to remember me by."

He smiled.

"How is a banana like a penis?"

Pause.

"They're both better peeled back."

Noah chuckled, then stepped outside and made his way to the forest. He wasn't sure why he told her that joke, but he figured it would be something to help her get in the right mood after losing a friend and declaring her intent to fight back. After all, it was something he needed to get back into the right mood as well. His friends were missing and dangerous people were roaming the island. He needed to be in a good mood.

((Noah Whitley continued in Act II, Scene I))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Hunting Cabin · Next Topic »
Add Reply