Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
This time I might just disappear; Open!
Topic Started: Nov 7 2016, 05:23 PM (1,623 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from This Be The Verse))

"Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap."

Alba muttered these words to herself as she began to look around the area. She had Bradley's gun slung around her shoulder, with her day pack on the other. She had the back of her right arm pressed to her forehead as she looked around. She failed. She completely failed in her plan, and now Bryony was going to be really upset with her. Along with that, Kimiko was still out there, and could still kill someone if she wasn't caught. Alba stomped her foot on the ground and continued walking.

Finding one person and trying to capture them alive was a lot easier than it looked. Alba wasn't a forest ranger or a mercenary, so tracking someone was out of her skill set. Maybe Kimiko was really fast, or maybe Alba really did waste too much time before going after her. Either way, the girl was gone like a ghost.

Alba had a vague idea of where she could go. The girl won a weapon for killing someone the first day, so surely Alba could head near that area and find her without having her collar blown. That would be the case, if she didn't get lost. Which she did. Often during the second day. The forest was a lot more difficult to navigate. She could, through dumb luck, find the coast, but that didn't help her get oriented to which way led to the supply depot and which way led back to the gym. As a result, her promise of being back in an hour was broken.

Alba spent the night sleeping outdoors, and got up when the announcements blared. Alba tried to listen carefully to hear if Bryony or the other two from the gym were okay, and to hear if Kimiko had killed again. For the most part, it wasn't as bad as Alba thought it could be. Bryony was alive, and Kimiko had only killed Bradley. It wasn't great to hear all these deaths, but she at least felt some relief.

That is, until the announcements told her Brendan had killed someone.

Alba was frozen in shock. Brendan Harte, the sweet guy she went to Sadie Hawkins with, was a killer. The guy she had such fun with after literally running into him in the park had blood on his hands. From the sound of the description, it wasn't self defense or a mercy kill. It was murder. The fact that he was being rewarded for it all the more confirmed it was murder.

Alba wanted to cry. She wanted to figure out why this had happened. Why would Brendan do such a horrible thing? She had these thoughts as she walked through the forest. Finally, she passed a clearing and found herself facing a building. She felt some joy, knowing it was likely she could find the gym soon and see if Bryony would forgive her for being gone so long.

Alba held the rifle close to her side, keeping her hand near the trigger. She walked along the side of the nearby building. She was back in the civilization part of the island, and she needed to be ready for anything. The horror of the island was real, and she could end up like Bradley if she wasn't careful. She was nearing the entrance, and had to be ready in case there was anyone nearby.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba continued to walk along the side of the dorms, keeping the rifle close to her side. She'd probably be able to figure out how close to the gym she was once she knew what building she was by. Bryony and the others had survived the night, so maybe they had fortified the gym. She'd have to figure out a way in if that was the case, but she was sure they'd have a way to know she was there.

As she neared the front of the building, she could hear some chatter. She couldn't make it out entirely, but she could hear what sounded like a guy talking. Alba slowly stepped forward, finally reaching the corner. She heard "kill me" as the first audible thing she could hear. That's when her eyes widened.

She was staring at Brendan. He was talking to another guy. She felt her stomach get heavy. There he was, one of the notable killers on the island. Notable enough to get a prize for his murder of that guy from yesterday. He looked miserable, but Alba wasn't sure what to do.

With nothing else in mind, she raised the rifle up and stepped out from the corner of the building.

"Brendan..." was all she could muster.

The gun was raised, slightly off from where Brendan was standing, but still vaguely in his direction. She tried to smile, but it looked quite awkward on her face. This was her friend, and she owed him the benefit of doubt. But if someone as generally harmless as Kimiko could kill without issue, why couldn't Brendan?

She bit her lip and prayed he had a good reason.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba's eyes widened as the other guy moved in front of Brendan. It was Jonathan, someone Alba had seen in some of her classes. Now she was worried that they were getting the wrong impression. Yes, she had a gun raised, but that didn't mean she was going to shoot them. She just wanted to be careful approaching people. They had to know that before they began to associate her with some of the real dangerous people on the island.

"What? Oh, yeah, that's fine with me," Alba said. "I'm all for talking. I just..."

Brendan seemed okay to see her, asking if she was hurt. He and Jonathan were looking for a peaceful interaction, to which Alba was fine with. However, the weight of everything from the last three days was starting to push down on her.

Alba swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I'm sorry, I'm not physically hurt, but I'm not doing fine otherwise. I'm lost from my group, I saw someone die yesterday, and I know there's several dangerous people around. So I..."

Alba felt the weight of the gun in her hands, causing her to shake a bit.

"...I just need to know I can be okay right now with you guys. If that's okay with you."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba's arms started to shake. She should have been more used to holding a gun up, what with her history of carrying golf bags and younger siblings around. The gun had to be less than ten pounds, but she was finding it hard to keep up. Fortunately for her, Brendan began to explain himself. He said he killed that guy because he and some other guy were about to kill a girl. He was even crying and apologizing for it.

Alba sighed in relief. She had to know Brendan would never murder someone in cold blood. He was such a nice guy, and he seemed genuinely hurt by what he did. That told her that he had to have done it knowing it was necessary despite how wrong it was.

Alba lowered the gun, finally giving her arms some relief from the weight.

"Hey, it's fine," she said, reassuringly to Brendan. "I mean, it's not good to kill, but if it was to save someone, than I guess it's fine. I'm sure that girl is grateful to you for what you did, and I'm sure the authorities will understand when help comes. I know you, Bren, and I know you're not a monster like Kimiko or those other killers. So I'll trust you. Okay?"

Alba gave Brendan and Jonathan a smile. After a night of wandering alone, it was good to see some people were still nice on the island.

"So, um, I guess we should talk business, or whatever. Do you guys know where the gym is? My friend, Bryony, is supposed to be there."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jonathan had a plan to get help to the island. That was more than Alba had beyond hope that help could suddenly appear in the form of ships on the horizon. If he had a plan and was looking for help, she'd definitely join in. It sure beat wandering around aimlessly looking for people she was less likely to find. Besides, the sooner help came, the sooner they could deal with dangerous people like Kimiko without the need for violence.

Alba nodded at their suggestions and their information. Now she knew the right way to the gym, and now she could bring Bryony and anyone else at the gym into their plan. Brendan was showing enough reason that anyone who still suspected he was a vicious killer could have their doubts crushed instantly.

Brendan was now going to get his prize from the tower, suggesting Alba come back after investigating the gym. Alba nodded.

"Don't worry," she said. "I'll definitely come back. And I'll be sure to be careful. Besides..."

She raised the rifle, giving a big smile as she did.

"I doubt anyone will try anything while I'm packing heat. See you soon!"

Alba turned and ran off in the direction Jonathan said led to the gym. She had to make this quick. She had a friend with a plan, and she had to get back to be a part of it.

With that, she hurried down the path, ready for the next step in her time here.

((Alba Reyes continued in Malagueña Salerosa))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes returns from Malagueña Salerosa))

Alba kept up a steady pace as she returned to the dorms. Now that she had lost track of Bryony, she had to hope that whatever Brendan and Jonathan had in store would be worth it. They were allies and teammates, and she wasn't going to be as reckless with them as she had been with Bryony. Alba sighed as she walked, the weight of the rifle starting to weigh on her.

Fortunately for her, she didn't see anyone else on her walk back to the dorms. She arrived and saw Brendan and Jonathan outside. Brendan was now holding something quite crazy in his hands. It had to be the prize for killing that guy yesterday. Jonathan looked pretty upset for some reason. Alba knew she had to get back.

"Hey! I'm back!" she shouted to the guys.

She hurried over to them. She had to inform them of her findings so they could continue on with the plan.

"Bryony wasn't there," she said, stopping by the guys. "No one was there, actually. I don't know where they could be, but I left a message for them so they can find us if they come back to the gym. What's going on here?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Danny? Danny who-oooooooh...."

Alba was about to ask who Danny was, thinking he was another ally for their escape attempt. However, she remembered hearing about a Danny on the announcements, and Johnny' comment on covering him made it clear it was that Danny. Alba lowered her head slightly and turned away from the guys. Inside that building was a dead body, just like Bradley back at the gym. She could only imagine the condition it was in. Would it be as gnarly as Bradley's? Would it be as affected by the environment? Alba tried to force the images out of her mind, and back to the guys.

"Yeah, covering the body would be the respectful thing to do," Alba said.

Wait, then why didn't I do that to Bradley?

Alba pondered this to herself as Brendan tried to give his prize weapon to Jonathan.

Someone tossed him outside and I didn't even bother putting something over him. Crap. I should do that if I go back to the gym.

Alba thought about this, completely ignoring the guys. She wondered if anyone else was lying around exposed to the elements. They had been here three days, so things were probably going to be really gross by now.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba wasn't sure who would be a blue haired girl that could be attacked. That Raina girl she met the first day of school may be a good guess to who it was, since she knew that girl had blue hair. She wasn't entirely sure if there were any other girls at Cochise with blue hair, but if it was Raina, then she was glad Brendan saved her.

Another girl walked in, asking if she could approach. Alba sighed in relief, glad she wasn't immediately going to attack them because Brendan's name was on the announcement yesterday. Alba then recognized her as Candice Banks, another member of the junior class.

"Yeah, what they said," Alba said to Candice. "We're just trying to do the right thing while we're here."

"And yeah, how have you been?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba nodded as the guys explained to Candice about Danny. Even though she saw someone die yesterday, Alba was still finding it hard to believe they were seeing death all around them. The closest encounter she had with death before this was nearly slipping down a flight of stairs when she was six. Now people were being stabbed and shot and dying in other horrible ways.

"Um, I think we should go in," Alba told the others, making her way towards the entrance.

"It looks like it might rain, so we should probably decide soon and quick. Just sayin'."

Alba gave a smile to the others. Her face was starting to feel exhausted from all the smiling.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, one of the rooms might work," Alba said. "We can hoist him onto a bed and cover him with a blanket. Then we can, I dunno, find a place to hole up until the Radio Tower opens up again."

Alba looked at the door. Danny was supposed to be nearby, and that it might be gruesome to see. Alba clutched the rifle in her hands. She had already seen someone die and it was already pretty bad. She didn't know how bad Danny was right now, but she had to do right by him. She would want someone to do the same if she was killed here.

Alba raised the rifle a bit.

"Um, I can check it out first. You know, take charge and all in case someone's lurking. So, stay a bit behind me."

Alba walked past Jonathan and into the door he had opened. She hoped to get this done quickly so they could then talk about their plan.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba walked down the hall and reached the room where Danny was supposed to be. She inhaled and exhaled quietly, keeping her grip on the rifle. Jonathan had talked a plan to deal with Danny's body, and to mark the room.

"Yeah, or we could mark something on the door. Something that tells people a body is inside. Like 'Dead Inside' or something."

Alba peered into the room. Danny was lying there, his chest a horrid mess. Alba froze, her face frozen in an forced smile. It was a lot like Bradley, but somehow much, much worse. Alba felt everything go silent as she peered in, only for that silence to be broken by Brendan.

Alba's smile vanished as she saw Brendan drop his new weapon and run away. Alba gasped.

"Brendan, wait!" she shouted.

Alba ran over and picked up the grenade launcher and ran after him. It was slightly awkward to run with two weapons and her bag bouncing on her back, but she kept going.

"Come back!"

Alba hurried after Brendan out of the dorms. They couldn't get separated from one another again. It was bad enough losing Bryony, but she couldn't lose Brendan so soon.

((Alba Reyes continued in How Can I Take Off This Mask?))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Staff Dormitories B Block · Next Topic »
Add Reply