Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
This time I might just disappear; Open!
Topic Started: Nov 7 2016, 05:23 PM (1,627 Views)
Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((Candice Banks continued from I've Swallowed Half an Hourglass))

Candice heard the faint sound of people talking from around the corner. Well, she'd been planning on just passing through on her way to the southern half of the island, but if there were people here now she may as well check them out. Especially if they were people of the non-murderous variety.

Her first instinct was to try peering around the corner to learn a bit more about who it was, but she wasn't so sure that that would turn out so well. If it were someone hostile, they'd probably just see her and shoot her. If they weren't hostile, they'd see Candice, decide she was acting suspiciously, and then either run away or shoot her.

Let's be real, anyway. Even if they were friendly and I could hide from them, I'd just end up getting cold feet when it came time to introduce myself to them, and would just end up letting them walk off without knowing I was even here. Might as well just take the plunge before I chicken out.

She took a moment to make sure the safety on her gun was on to prevent any accidental discharges like from the first day. She'd gone back and forth for quite some time that morning regarding whether she would even carry the gun openly. Keeping it hidden definitely had the advantage of not scaring anybody else away, and after what had happened with Al that was certainly something that needed to be taken into consideration. Candice had been pretty sure that that would be the way to go about things... up until the time came to actually set out on her own.

In the end, it seemed that her gun would barely fit in her bag, and getting it out quickly in an emergency was going to be difficult. Thus, Candice ended up ditching the idea of keeping her weapon a secret. If these people had a problem with her gun, then so be it. She took a couple of deep breaths and a few seconds to calm her nerves.

Okay... let's get this trainwreck started.

Taking care to ensure that she keep the gun pointed at the ground and not at anybody, Candice stepped out from behind the corner and revealed herself to the three people who were talking amongst themselves.

"Hey, mind if I approach?"
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters
G31 - Candice Banks (adopted from Somersault) - The Rooftop
G35 - Bernadette Thomas (adopted from Imehal) (Deceased) - Northwest Cliffs

Past Version Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
For all that Candice had been concerned about how things would go, apparently this was a group of people where joining up with them was as stupidly easy as asking if it was okay. It was the kind of thing that she was sure she would look back at in the future and wonder what she'd been so worried about in the first place.

Well, better to feel dumb for being overly worried than to be blindsided by something you didn't think of.

"I'm with Mia," Candice replied as she approached the others. "Um, I guess was with Mia would be more accurate. Mia Rose, that is, not sure if you know her or not. We were together for a bit but split up yesterday, and, um..."

Well, that was hopefully enough of an introduction. Hopefully wasn't too much of one, really, since it sounded like these people had had other things to take care of when she'd arrived.

"This someone that's inside the building... from the sound of it, they were hurt?"
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
"So he's... I'm sorry, I didn't realize..."

It had been naive for Candice to jump to the conclusion that they had been talking about somebody who had only been injured. No, it might even have worse than that. Was she being an idiot who couldn't consider that her classmates were dying, or one who had refused to consider?

They said that it was Danny in there. Danny Brooks? It must be. His name had been on the morning's announcement, and she wasn't sure that there were any other Dans in her class in the first place.

"Anyways, sorry for the mistake," she apologized. "And, well... if you don't mind, I'll help out."

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Candice silently followed the others into the building. As was to be expected, the inside of the building was just as trashed and run-down as it had been when she had last been there a few days ago.

She wasn't quite sure that she wanted to see Danny in whatever state he was in, even more now that she had heard that it was apparently pretty bad. Rather, it wasn't that she didn't want to see him, it was that she was afraid that she probably wouldn't be able to handle seeing him. For all that she and Mia had been unable to accomplish anything together, they'd apparently done a pretty good job of staying away from fights. Consequently, her experience with dead classmates so far had been exclusively limited to hearing names on the announcements.

Candice was briefly tempted to take the offer to sit this one out, but in the end it just didn't feel right. She'd already promised to help, for one thing. Like, literally a minute ago. And on the more self-serving side of things, it would probably be better to find out now if being around her classmate's corpses was going to cause her to freeze up or vomit or run away screaming in horror, especially if the other option was finding out that she couldn't handle it when somebody was in the process of shooting at her. But most importantly...

It wasn't like Candice was particularly close to Danny. It's not like they were best friends, or even regular friends. But still, it kind of shitty that he'd had to die out here, and even if they hadn't been friends the least she could do for a classmate was give his body a bit more respect than the person who had killed him.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
As the other two ran off, Candice briefly considered whether she should follow after them before they got too far, but quickly decided against it. It's not like there was really much that she would be able to assist with in bringing people back. Besides, if she went there'd be nobody left to help Jonathan.

"Just let me know what you need me to do," she told him. "Or, uh, would it be better for us to go after them. Will they manage on their own?"

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
When the others failed to return, Candice found herself wondering if she should have followed after them.

Ah, but then Jonathan would've been left alone.

Well, even if Candice wasn't satisfied with the result it wasn't something that could be undone. And well, as far as screw-ups went, it didn't even come close to being the worst one she'd made in the past day.

At any rate, they had gotten done what they needed to do here.

Maybe if they went out and searched, or just even from wandering around, they'd run into each other again. Hopefully, this time they'd be able to meet up before it was too late.

((Candice Banks continued in Welcome to the Madhouse))

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Staff Dormitories B Block · Next Topic »
Add Reply