Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shock Me; Private
Topic Started: Nov 5 2016, 08:26 PM (1,122 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Enzo continued from Call Me Maybe))

Vincenzo thought a fair bit on whether it had been a good idea to leave Tessa behind. She hadn't been fun to be around, but maybe there had been an inkling of something there. A plan, at the very least. Like, totally, one hundred percent valid of Cam to point out that she'd been a raging, condescending bitch, but... The nucleus of an idea was there. Enzo didn't know whether or not Tessa's plan would have worked, but they weren't going to get an opportunity to try it out.

Which kind of left them in an uncomfortable headspace, trying to decide whether they'd rather take the 'safe' option or at least go out knowing that they'd tried their hardest. In the end, Vinny supposed they'd erred on the side of caution, and more importantly, on the side of what Cameron was doing. Enza was hardly a yesman, but Tessa could have had the greatest idea in the world, and if Cam hadn't gone along with it, they would have had a real hard time choosing to split away from her.

Fact was, Cameron was one of Vinny's best friends, she was somewhat injured, and she was all they had right now.

Moving around the place hadn't come to much over the past day or so, which was, well, shitty. After encountering three people on the first day, within the first while of moving anyway, Vinny had felt sure that they'd be in for a few more people. Friends, hopefully, but if not at least folks they could work with, get... something going.

Enzo hadn't got that far ahead in the plan yet. More numbers, more safety was a nice theory, but there had to be something else the Cochise students could do as a group, right? They had their share of smartasses and innovators, creativity and hard work. Between all of them, there was surely something that could be done about this situation. Maybe they were just delaying the inevitable, refusing to accept that their own ability to actually affect this situation was sickeningly limited. They didn't have a miracle idea for breaking off the island. They didn't even have an idea. Trying to stay safe was nice in theory. And that's all it was, theory.

If Cameron wasn't there, Vinny would have been freaking out, end of story. They managed to talk, had a few half-hearted conversations here and there. Still been enough to keep them both going. Sometimes the company was enough on its own. In this scenario, it wasn't really, but it was better than nothing.

Today had started off feeling like it was possibly going to be a Girl Day, but then had sank back into ambiguous nothingness by the time Enzo had been awake for few short minutes.

Strangely enough, numbing was an interesting side effect of some motherfucker making jokes about people dying. Bradley had died, and Enzo had never thought they'd have a second to spare on Bradley, but they'd never wished the guy dead. Plus, being Brady's cousin and all... fuck. It was just... fuck.

"Shitty, thanks for asking," they murmured back in response to Cameron. Their eyes were closed, and it was a force of will not to clunk their head backwards against the base of the shelf they were propping themselves up on.

"...I'm really glad ice cream husband isn't here."

That was the slimmest of consolations. Brady wasn't here. He was safe.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Amen to that."

Brady was special, but B.B was a friend too. Heck she'd introduced them both.

Vinny didn't wish that they were here, not in a million years, they just missed their company, which wasn't really the same thing. Maybe if they could speak on the phone or... or something?

"Eh, neither. Let you know if it changes."

It didn't usually change over the course of the day, but if Enzo knew anything about gender, it was that it didn't make any freaking sense to them. Dysphoria was fun like that - like some kind of jackass ninja of sadness.

They still didn't open their eyes.

"Wish I knew, Sardine. There's gotta be something we can figure out. There are, you know... people, and..."

They trailed off and shook their head.

"Yeah. I'm not so good at this am I? Thinking beyond six seconds."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It wasn't quite right to call the noise that happened a 'thunk'.

It was heavier than that, like someone softening up a steak with a hammer.

It was along the lines of...

It wasn't....

It...

Vinny's eyes definitely weren't closed any longer.

"CAMERON!"
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Cameron! Cameron!"

They felt ill, hot and cold. This wasn't possible. One second Cameron was talking, the next-

Enzo didn't even know who it was, couldn't parse it, in the frantic instants after the sickening impact of-

"C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon don't do this don't do this."

Vinny didn't know first aid. They didn't know how this was meant to work. One hand was scrabbling at their bag the other was on Cam's stomach and christ and christ there was just so much too much blood, warm and spilling around their fingers, and Cameron was trembling, and coughing, and...

The bag opened, the first aid kit followed. What was in there? What did any of that stuff even do? This wasn't patch-up-better, this was surgery and anaesthetic and a team of doctors, not, not-

Not just Enzo.

"Cameron please, c'mon, please, keep your eyes on me, eyes on me! Okay?"

They were babbling. The kit opened and then spilled, a bandage unrolling and going bouncing across the floor, unraveling as it went. Enzo might have sworn and might not have sworn, and someone else was here now and it was two, three, four seconds before it clicked that it was Vanessa. The kit went forgotten, the other hand joined their first because that was what they did on TV and in movies, they put pressure on and that was supposed to be good and stem bleeding but christ, christ christ christ it was just welling up even further, and Enzo's hands were slick and hot and the ragged edges of the tear were rubbing against it and... and-

Cam raised her hand. She smiled.

"No! Don't you apologise! It's not- there's nothing to say sorry for- Cameron! CAMERON!"
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There wasn't anything they could do.

There wasn't anything they could do.

They needed a doctor or a paramedic or just someone who knew how to do more with, with, whatever they had here, instead of just them, who could use a stupid fucking phone and make stupid fucking videos on the internet and, and what the fuck was this- how was this- it couldn't, they couldn't...

Someone shoved them, it took again a second to realise it was Vanessa again. Enzo landed flat on their ass and couldn't even bring themself to move any further, to ...

Vinny wanted to be mad. To do anything.

They stared at their hands as Vanessa began to sob brokenly. Then their face clenched tight, eyes screwed up, and tears of their own started to fall.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This wasn't real, right? This was some kind of a sick joke. The world's most fucked up hidden camera show, and Cam would get up in a second and be smiling and Enzo would have to stop themselves from strangling her, but would be crying tears of relief at the same time because she was still alive when they'd thought she was dead.

It couldn't be.

Vanessa said something, and it buzzed past Enzo like a static wash from a busted headset.

She spoke again, and this time, some made it through.

Vinny shook their head, shivering and shuddering. It had happened so fast, they hadn't even seen- did that even really matter? Vinny had been trying to focus on keeping Cameron alive, not, not whoever had done this to her.

They didn't want to think of it like that. Who had 'done' this. That made it real. Too real. Too real.

Their stomach was about to tear itself in half, and then inside out.

"I-I, I didn't..." their voice was hoarse, they swallowed, shook their head again. "I didn't see."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I wasn't-"

Vanessa was still screaming at them.

"I didn't-"

She wasn't letting them get a word in, no matter how much they wanted to protest. There had been a hundred and one reasons Enzo hadn't seen what had happened. They weren't expecting it. How could they expect it? They were talking to Cameron when it all happened.

They'd just woken up.

They were trying to think.

They were trying not to think.

"I just-"

Still yelling. Like every other time in their life - like Enzo wasn't crying too, like this wasn't affecting Enzo too. How did Vanessa think Enzo felt when they couldn't stop it from happening either?

"You-"

Vanessa glared at them, clinging to Cameron's bo- to Cameron- to Cameron's body, venom and hate and...

"Stop acting like it's about you!" Vinny screamed back, raw and scratching, grating in the back of their throat. "She wasn't just your friend! She doesn't belong to you!"

Vinny lashed out, shoving the closest shelf with both hands, sending a stack of boxes scattering across the floor.

"You think I just saw some psycho coming and thought 'yeah, looks legit'!?"
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa responded by cursing them out again and then kicking a box. It went airborne, barely clipped Enzo as they dropped their arm and it bounced off their shoulder. Didn't hurt, either; no weight to it without anything inside. Really, the whole thing was more frustration than violence, just the same as Vinny, taking out just some small fraction of emotion on something else.

But as much as that, as much as Enzo knew that, they didn't care any more. The switch was flipped. Vanessa had done nothing but belittle and blame them when Cameron was laying there, dead on the floor. She was dead, and no amount of screaming and swearing and picking her up and cradling her was going to make the slightest fucking bit of difference.

Vinny stooped, picked up their bag from its spot on the floor, and swung one strap over their shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll figure something out," they said. Low, tight with anger. "Bye."

They headed for the doors and didn't look back.

((Enzo continued Seediq Bale))

Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Storage Closet · Next Topic »
Add Reply