Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Last Days; Morning Day 3, Open
Topic Started: Nov 3 2016, 03:52 PM (1,675 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Ty Yazzie Continued From In A World Of Shit))

That voice.

Couldn't remember if he slept. Probably didn't. Sleep weren't safe. Never safe. Beans could nab him.

No. Beans wasn't here. Nobody was here. He was alone.

Not alone. There was voice. Lotsa voices, but one caught him by the ear. Somethin' important about it. Different for some reason.

Gotta see. Gotta stumble up into the doorway, dirty and haggard and looking like hell, and figure out why it was calling to him.

Eyes wanted to dart right quick to figure it out, but they could only laze across the room until he caught sight of Lizzie.

"Motherfucker..." Low, rumbled, slurred, hardly even English. A familiar face, but not the kind he'd been hoping for. Didn't know what he was hoping for. Hope weren't much use here so far. Just turned to shit.

That's why he was alone. Shoulda stayed that way.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The voices were all fuzzy. Hard to pick out exactly what anyone's saying. Hell, hard to pick out exactly who anyone was. Ty just sank against the doorway on his way to the floor, struggling to keep his feet steady and his eyes open. Cards on the table, it wasn't working out so well. He was already hunched in the floor with his lids drooping in the fog.

He tried to mumble out a few words, but even he wasn't real sure what he was trying to say at this point. Never was too good with words anyhow. He only managed to choke one out before he slumped to the floor. Only fair that it was the last fuckin' one he'd say with a clearer head.

"Help..."
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Water. When was the last time he drank? It was all too goddamn fuzzy to tell right now. So angry, so driven, so close, and then it all just kinda fell apart in the doorway.

What'd he been looking for?

There were hands on him. A bottle at his lips. Too tired to care about the former, or to question the latter. He just drank it down before clunking back against the frame. Couple seconds passed, and he looked up. Some girl he didn't know feelin' on his neck, and Liz.

A hoarse chuckle came out as he saw her. Couldn't really say way, just felt right to his spinning head. "Thought you were..." But he lost the sentence. "Hadn't...hadn't seen you since..."

Harry crossed his mind. The pain welled up across his face, but the rest of the words wouldn't come. Just jangled around in his head, too quick to catch.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He was way too goddamn tired for this. Lizzie beat him to the indignation punch, but smartass on the other side of the room was probably too slow on the uptake to figure out what she was sputtering about. He rolled his shoulders a little as he sat up, gave a little cough and a shake of his head to clear the cobwebs. His eyes found the ceiling as he struggle just to stay awake. Couldn't fall asleep. Not here. Not with these people. 'Specially not before he felt them out.

"Come across your best friend...belly cut open...some bastard standin' over him with a fuckin' sword. You figure you'd 'get in a damn fight,'" he growled slowly, flicking his gaze up into the boy's eyes. "Or you the kind that just leaves 'im to die?"

Ty already knew the answer didn't matter. But he wanted to see it. Wanted to hear the judgmental little bastard try to stutter around being a hypocrite, a coward, or a goddamn naive idiot. Probably all three, from the look of him. The ones that jumped at him usually were.

Usually.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Half the room didn't interest him none. Between all the quaking for calm and the sputtering coward, his brain was having trouble latching on. Nobody needed him. Hell, nobody probably wanted him. It'd be easy to finally drift off into whatever was waiting for him on the other side of sleep. Stop playing the goddamn protector, since that hadn't worked out so far, and just see how things shook out when he woke up.

Before he could let go, though, Liz said something that perked him up. Recognized that name. Not from school, but all the killin' she'd been up to since they woke up. Wantin' to find someone like that...

Ty had thought about "finding" Conrad for what he did to Harry, leastwise until he heard someone had already "found" him first. Hearing that idea didn't paint a pretty picture. Somethin' had lit a fire under Lizzie's ass since they woke up, and he wasn't real sure where it had launched her, but he had an idea. Managed to sit up a little more and square off under that look she was givin' him. "That depends. What're you gonna do, assumin' you find her?"
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ty didn't smoke much. More the old man's thing than his. They shared the habit on hikes every now and then though. Didn't care too much for it on its own, but for a moment there in them rolling hills, hand to the bark and smoke wrapped around his head in the breeze, Pop looked stronger than Ty had ever seen him. Wiser, and a helluva lot more confident too. And for a moment, when Ty lit up beside him, he liked to think he looked just like him.

Goddamn did he need to look like that now. Feel like it. Take in some of that image and fuck the world if it was all swagger, because for just a moment there wasn't a damn thing that could stop either of them.

He stretched out with a groan and fumbled in his pocket for the old nickle lighter. The words were scuffed and hidden under all the dirt and dust he'd kicked up. Before he could toss it Lizzie's way, he wiped it off to take them in.

Olee ebe i si?

Where are you from?

They were gonna go back sometime. The old man always talked about it, taking him and the rest of the boys back to see Nigeria. The idea snuck into his head every few months for as long as Ty could remember. He wanted them to see Enugu, get a good idea of where they came from. Maybe finally meet some of the family they'd only seen in letters and phone calls and Skype sessions. Something would sour him, though, or the money would run out, or nobody really gave a shit to start with. Nobody but him and Ty. Last few years, every time it'd come up, they'd talked about it. Maybe that's why Pop gave him his old lighter. Maybe, with just a little more time, they woulda actually made it back.

They needed him. Goddamn they needed him. He had to get out of here.

With a grunt, Ty pushed himself off the ground. No time to rest yet. "Hope you brought enough for the class," he mumbled as he handed the lighter off towards Lizzie. Reached up and gave his neck a solid crack, and his eyes found Shakes over there again. He wanted to lay into him. Tear that self righteous little head off for throwing accusations his way when he was just a goddamn coward. It'd feel so damn good. His mother wouldn't like it though. Pop wouldn't either. Not Atsa, not Marcus, not Harold, not Clarice, sure as hell not Bee. So much work had gone into dragging him out of the muck, and he wasn't gonna let this fuckin' place take it from him without a fight. Took a deep breath to steady himself before catching the kid's eye. "Hey," he said quietly. " 's not your fault. Whatever happened...it's not your fault."

That was the man they wanted him to be. Knew he could be. He had to try and live up to it. A goddamn cigarette would do wonders for that, so he hoped Lizzie was in a generous mood.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ty gave Shakes a tense nod. "Happens all the time. No skin off here."

From the moment Lizzie lit up, Ty was real, real glad nobody had figured out how to send smell through a camera just yet. If Ma caught him like this, even she'd bust his ass seven different ways. Not like it was the very first time, but he wasn't itching to try again, and it seemed like a situation like this would only get worse without your head free and clear.

Ah, hell. He was well past that point anyhow. Might as well light it up. He coughed, but it got lost in Lizzie's fit. After she found her feet and starting chatting, Ty got up and wandered closer to her. Sat down to take another puff, let the smoke wisp out of his mouth as he thought about her words. "That's a tall ask." He stared down at the sparks on the end of the cigarette as he spoke. "When I saw Conrad with that damn sword, and Harry holdin' his guts in...didn't really think about it. Just next thing I knew, I was on top of the bastard and his arm was broken."

Took another long, slow hit. Made things feel more natural. Like he was out there on the hills, dirt and trees and wind in his nose, talking to the old man. "Didn't know why I did it. Didn't kill 'im, and I couldn't tell you why there neither." Ty cracked his neck, and turned to look Lizzie in the eye. "Been making up reasons ever since. Dunno if any of 'em are right. But it means I gotta ask...when you find her, is it really gonna matter what she tells ya?"

His eyes went back to the ceiling, watching the smoke drift through the lounge. "Or are you just gonna do whatever you feel like you gotta do, and figure out why you did it later?"

His gaze drifted down to Keith. "Guessin' you've seen it the worsta this place too, so lemme run this your way: what're we supposed to do?"
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Foe search crew. This had bad idea written all over it. Nothing good could come from feeding all those negative impulses. At some point, a line was gonna get crossed, and they weren't gonna be able to walk back from it.

On the other hand, Harry was dead. Clarice hated him. Conrad had turned into a psycho and got himself killed too. He hadn't seen a hair of Bee, or Asha, or Fiyori, or anybody else who really mattered. For all he knew, they were all dead too. So maybe they were already well across the line, and it didn't matter all that much. For just a few days, he had an excuse to hurt the people who goddamn deserved it. And if his friends weren't dead, maybe he could keep it that way.

His head went straight to Clarice, and the way she kept looking at him. Fuck her and her self-righteous bullshit. Feeling like shit for what he'd done hadn't got him nowhere. Ty took another drag off the cig and gave a nod. "I'm in."
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Buncha jackasses, standing in a circle." Ty chuckled to himself. Bee dragged him to see that one some night. Another comic thing that he couldn't quite keep track of, but it was pretty fun. That scene had stuck with him, and it felt real appropriate now. Here they were, buncha strangers getting stoned and dumping their emotional baggage, running off to probably die doing god knows what, and they seemed halfway happy about it. Life was a fuckin' trip.

"No need, Liz. We all got reasons to be here." Shot her a weak smile back and took another drag. Stared at the wall for a second before letting the smoke out and scratching his chin. "Gotta ask a favor though."

How much should he say? The idea of violating Bee's privacy twisted up his stomach, but goddamn, he wanted to light a fire here and make sure they understood he wasn't just chasing her 'cuz he loved her. Bee was in real danger, more than most of 'em, and if they didn't find her...hell. He didn't wanna think about what could happen. "Bee-uh, Bernadette. Bernadette Thomas. I gotta find her." God it hurt, asking for help like this. Wasn't how he did things. "She's just...she's real sick, and if anything happened to her-" His voice cracked. He hadn't really talked about Bee the whole time he'd been here, and trying to put it to words made it much more goddamn real.

He had to find her. He had to get her out of this fucking place. There wasn't another option.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Welp. That was that. Buzzed up, holding back tears, ready to go rip the arms off some assholes.

Sounded like an okay way to go out, really.

Ty flicked the joint, got up with a groan, and stomped out while trying not to think about how bad every inch of his body still ached. He had work to do.

((Ty Yazzie Continued Elsewhere))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Staff Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply