Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Last Days; Morning Day 3, Open
Topic Started: Nov 3 2016, 03:52 PM (1,818 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sandra Dyer continued from Down the Rabbit Hole.))

The announcement came again. More people were dead. Some she knew in passing, some whose names barely registered in her brain, and some, like Danny, that she was a bit closer to.

None of them made her feel anything. Other than sick.

Sandra lifted her head from the back of the plush chair she sat in, looking around the room as the announcements ended. She was waiting... for something. She wasn't sure what, but something would have better than nothing.

Maybe someone would come through that door, to keep it interesting. But then, interesting in this situation could just as easily mean fatal, couldn't it?

Keith spoke up.

"I dunno," she said, shrugging. She honestly didn't.

It's not like they could have planned for this. 'Hey, if we ever get kidnapped by terrorists and put on an abandoned island and forced to kill each other, let's meet in the hospital.'

'What if there is no hospital on the island?'

'I dunno then.'

This plan had a lot of holes in it, honestly.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra had expected that, if someone did show themselves, it would be through the door.

Standard expectations.

Instead, someone had shown themselves, but it was not what she'd expected at all.

So when the voice of Lizzie Luz suddenly broke the dead air of the empty room, it took Sandra all of her willpower not to shout out. She turned toward the source of the voice, coming from behind one of the couches.

She said she wasn't playing, and she said she was looking for someone.

Join the club, she thought. But instead, she stood up, and took a few steps back from the couch, the pot lid in hand.

She looked uneasily at Keith, then at Alice, then to the couch.

"We're also looking for people."
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Nancy?" Sandra said instinctively, before turning to Keith.

He was the one who made the comment pertaining to Nancy. From what he'd told her and Alice, he didn't actually run into Nancy.

But she couldn't be sure about that. Maybe he'd forgotten. Hey, it happens sometimes. So Sandra kept her mouth shut.

"Hey, who have you run into? Maybe you ran into someone we're looking for," she offered.

It hadn't worked with Keith or Alice, but maybe...

Maybe third time was the charm.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Before Sandra could even open her mouth again, someone else showed themselves. Tyler Yazzie. Sandra didn't know too much about him, other than that he was a wrestler.

Sandra opened her mouth to speak again, but couldn't. She looked at the new arrival. Stared at him. She didn't know what to do here.

Her eyes went back to Lizzie. To Lizzie's question. She thought for a few seconds.

They were all looking for different people. That was a fact. Naming everyone would take too long. They didn't have time for that.

"Bryony. Bryony Adams," Sandra finally said, "That's one. One of many. Too many."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra gasped as Ty slumped to the ground.

"Holy shit, is he okay?" she cried.

Sandra hadn't expected something like this to happen, though she probably should have. In a game like this, it would have been more surprising if no one had gotten some kind of injury. People were dead, for chrissake.

From her position in the room, she couldn't really see Ty's figure that well. Lizzie was in front of him, anyway.

So Sandra stood there, feeling not particularly useful right about now.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra bit her lip with unease. Alice and Lizzie seemed to already have this covered. She looked around the room, and to the people in it.

She was getting restless again. She wanted to move around, to walk around again, but... there were people in front of the doorway. More importantly, there was an injured person in front of the doorway. She paced around the room for a few cycles, before looking at Ty.

"What..."

She wasn't sure whether the question was a good one to ask right now. She wasn't even exactly sure whether Ty could answer the question in his current state, even if he wanted to.

She had let the question die in the air halfway, so she swallowed... then tried again.

"What happened?"

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Hey, man, wh-"

What the fuck, was what Sandra was going to finish with. Of course Ty got into some altercation, unless Keith figured she thought he'd beaten himself up?

But then Lizzie responded, and then Ty responded, and suddenly there was this overwhelming tension in the room, and Sandra was on edge, because she felt like the whole scene could blow up at any minute.

"Guys, fuckin'... calm down, alright?" she said, her voice quivering slightly.

She prayed that things wouldn't get any worse, but then... she had to have a backup plan. She looked to Alice. They were both looking for Bryony.

Salvage as many innocents from within the group as possible.

Well... she figured if worse comes to worst, she could just carry Alice out of there, if need be.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((GMing approved.))

"I don't want to be calm."

So Sandra decided at that point to bail. Things weren't going to get any better. In fact, she might have even said that they were going to get worse. And fast.

"F-Fine," Sandra said, "that's fine."

It's not like what the others did in this room was going to matter in just a couple of seconds.

She breathed in and held it, before exhaling. She was the one who needed to be calm here. She stepped to the side.

Sandra sprinted forward, toward the door. Toward freedom. Toward Alice.

Grabbing Alice by the arm, she all but yanked her out of the room and down the hall.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Restore/Restart/Quit.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Staff Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply