Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Let's Awaken, By the Day; Open
Topic Started: Nov 2 2016, 06:20 PM (1,182 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Blair Moore continued from Early Morning in the Garden of Good and Evil))

Their campsite was still mostly intact when they returned from the hunting lodge. The night there had been a quiet one, despite Noah and Rene's best efforts to cheer the trio up. Not that they weren't funny; Noah had some great lines and Rene's commentary was enjoyable. But the issue was that the atmosphere was so oppressive and paranoid, and Blair was starting to stress out.

For one, she was getting sick. Like, legitimately sick. Her chest was starting to ache and feel clogged, and her nose was beginning to run a lot. She wasn't sure if she'd get better; without meds, she might be rendered helpless by a crippling case of pneumonia. Even if she did get better, that assumed Blair would survive long enough to recover from whatever ailed her this time. Great. Blair's head hurt, too.

And then there was the anxiety. When they heard the announcements of the previous day, it seemed shootings had been added to the list of causes of death. More beatings and stabbings (Bradley Floyd was an ass, but did he deserve to die? Maybe? Fuck) and a girl got shot. Mitch dying caught her off-guard-he committed suicide too, which doubled the whammy.

Caedyn was still alive though. Typical.

Well that wasn't fair to think. She didn't want people to die. But in a way, it was a good thing for her when they did. Jennifer aside, she'd been relatively okay, and so had her ramshackle company, but other people were in constant danger. She wasn't exactly removed, but she felt safe enough. If fitness meant outlasting by avoidance, good enough for her. If someone with a gun came by they were fucked, though. Wait, no, Rene had a pistol or something. So she could probably depend on them to keep her alive if need be.

But what about Blair alone? She was reliant on Rene's gun and Noah's Sawlaska Whateverthefuck 3000. What if something happened to the others? There was the very real chance she might outlive one or both of them, and if she was unarmed...

Anyway, this whole thing was shite. And to make matters worse (or possibly better) Sandra was nowhere to be found. On one hand, no corpse, but on the other, no sign of the other girl. Maybe Blair had been right about her running off? If so, that was a hell of a time to make a lucky guess.

Blair wiped her nose with her hand, and cleared her throat, having just recovered from another hacking fit. She straightened herself, looking down the beach both ways. Then she gazed out at the sea, with the sun rising into the sky. It was probably around early morning, maybe 10 am? Who knew. She hadn't been left with so much as a watch.

"No sign of her." Blair said loudly, trying to catch the attention of the others. "I think she really did split."
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blair sat down in the sand a few feet from Noah, also facing the sea. It was a pretty view, the way the water was reflecting the golden light in dappled waves. How poetic, perfect for her.

"I don't think I've ever told anyone at school that I'm dying."

It came from nowhere, appearing in full surround sound as suddenly as Blair had thought it. She hadn't ever told anyone about the CF, though it was certainly possible Miley had told someone. Little brat. Blair wondered about her family for the first time in a while; would they watch her die? God, she hoped not. It was the old 'remember me as I was, not as what I became' thing.

"I have cystic fibrosis. You know what that is?" Blair looked at Noah, but continued without waiting for a reply. "It's a genetic disorder. A protein that affects sodium channels isn't synthesized. So when I get sweaty I lose a lot of salt, for one. But the protein also helps break down the mucus in your lungs, and since I don't have the protein my lungs are full of gunk."

She took a breath, suddenly filled with fervor to tell them everything. "So I've stayed home from school a lot because I get lung infections and pneumonia a lot, and I cough and wheeze and have shit stamina. And eventually I'll die of that, probably in the next decade or two." She laughed, a sudden bark of mirthlessness. "I mean, even if I went home from here, I'm gonna die. Pretty fucked, right?"

She laughed again.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For fuck's sake, of all the times they could be serious and mopey. She was just...trying...Blair's grin, forced as it kind of was, shriveled into a look of annoyance.

"Hey, listen, that's not the point. It's not like it'll matter anymore. I'm just telling you because...I dunno, I guess if it's down to just us somehow then I'm willing to take one for the team. Or something. I don't know, but like..." Blair furrowed her brow and stood up.

"I don't want to die, for God's sake, but if anyone here can win, it's not going to be me. Right? Why should I, I mean...I'm fucked either way, right?" Blair exhaled, and then cleared her throat as the rattling in her breathing accentuated her point.

"As for a plan, I don't have a clue. Wander around? We're decently well-armed, or I think we should be. If someone fucks with us, we can at least fight back, you know." She started pacing across the sand.

In a rare moment, all of Blair's confidence died, and she didn't know what to do. She kept walking back and forth, glaring into the ground.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blair rolled her eyes as the new person approached and her companions offered reassurances that they were friendlies. As for her, she stepped back, away from the intruder, and stood arms folded behind Noah and Rene.

Jennifer aside (she cringed at the memory), Blair's stay here had been really quite innocuous. She was fairly unharmed, after all. Nobody had attacked her. She had allies. She was just unarmed, but that could be managed. But the thing was, she had little faith in that continuing.

The girl's name escaped Blair; she was one of those weird wallflowery types. She briefly wondered if she had known Jennifer, and winced. Either way, not a big threat by herself, but if she was armed (though she had her hands clear and they were empty, so who knew) she was dangerous.

So Blair stood quietly, and waited. She didn't want to start something, not yet. This whole time, she'd been stressing over her imminent mortality. But that wasn't going to make her give up and off herself.

Fuck that.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The gunshots broke the tension, a surprise that made Blair's heart race.

As she jumped to her feet, spun in place, and faced their assailant, Blair found herself surprised that, initial fright aside, the sight of a girl with a gun didn't bring about a jolt of existential terror like she'd been expecting. Her breathing was quick, her hands shaky as she reluctantly raised them above her head, but she glared defiantly, as if daring Nancy to shoot her.

Because in a way, she wasn't sure Nancy could.

Oh, sure, she'd murdered people. With an axe or something, apparently, if her recollection of the announcement was correct. But Blair wasn't doubting Nancy's ability to try to kill her. But, for some reason, Blair didn't feel any more afraid of dying than she did any other given day. The fear was always there, and the clock speeding up didn't seem to change that.

So as soon as that blue-haired dork's voice trailed off, Blair blinked, a crazy reckless thing springing into her mind, and she moved. Letting out a yell, Blair ran forward and raised her shoulder, attempting to body-check the assailant.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As she passed the tiny student, Blair felt a sudden drag on her arm. It wasn't much, certainly not a full-on grip, but it threw Blair off-balance and she stumbled to the ground.

That might have saved her life. She was in the process of shaking sand of of her hair, having all but faceplanted onto the beach, when gunshots echoed through the air and reminded her of the severity of the situation. Blair jumped to her feet, still in a state of adrenaline-fueled mania, and looked over at Nancy, ready to do...something.

But, in defiance of Blair's expectations, she found that Nancy was running down the beach towards some large rocks. Blair took a second to recognize what the assailant was intending, but a response sprung to her mind nonetheless.

"Let's run!"

Blair's stamina was of course less than that of the average person, but she figured a headstart on Nancy could get them out of the radius of death of her gun. So Blair dug her heels into the sand and took off away from Nancy, making a slight detour to grab her bag on the way out.

Because really? Fuck that bitch. Trying to kill her? Blair was probably going to die, but fuck if she was going to make it easy on these psycho fucks.

((Blair Moore continued in What I Needed They'll Pay))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Shoreline · Next Topic »
Add Reply