Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Let's Awaken, By the Day; Open
Topic Started: Nov 2 2016, 06:20 PM (1,302 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Noah Whitley continued from Early Morning in the Garden of Good and Evil))

"Well, at least they were kind enough to do that," Noah said in response to Rene's comment. "I guess the terrorists really aren't such bad guys after all."

Noah took a look around the beach. Sandra wasn't anywhere to be found. For the most part, the last day was something that he and the girls definitely needed. They got to rest, get a few more hours of sleep, and enjoy their company for a while. Noah had a few jokes to test out with Rene and Blair, and even got to make a few up along the way. It was at least nice for him to know he could still be witty during this time.

Noah sighed and kicked some sand up. More people were dead. More people were killing again. It was starting to get unlikely that the killing would cease, and it was starting to become more and more apparent that danger was likely to come towards them. At the very least, Sandra was still alive, and they could find her later.

Noah took a seat in the sand, facing the water. He took in a deep breath.

"At least it's a nice day."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, there went the mood. Blair divulged her health issues to the two, and Rene was right in not knowing what to say. Noah wanted to say something, but it was hard. Obviously, he couldn't make a joke about Blair's health issues, and he didn't want to say something empty either. Noah merely shook his head and rubbed his hands through his hair.

"Blair, I'm so sorry," he said. "Now I wish we didn't have to run yesterday."

Noah leaned back a bit and stared up at the sky and sighed.

"Okay, so we have no idea where Sandra can be, and all we know is that she's still alive. We're all on a tickling clock here, so I guess we need a new plan or some way to pass our days here."

Noah looked over to the girls. Right now, they were his family, and he knew that he needed to trust in them for the next step.

"So, any ideas?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah didn't know what to say to Blair suggestion about offing herself if it came to them in the end. Abby had offed herself yesterday, something Noah had tossed around while he and the girls lounged around the cabin. Suicide was something hard to think about, and to think about how easy it was to consider it as an option frightened him. He merely shook his head. That was an issue they could approach later, if it came to it.

Besides, someone was coming near. Rene had shouted to the figure, and the fact that she didn't get a response in the form of a hail of bullets had to give him some comfort. Noah stood up, keeping Sawlaska clutched in his hands. He could sort of make out a girl in the distance, but wasn't sure who.

"Yeah! We're all peace, flowers, and chocolate cake here! Please be up for that!" Noah shouted to the figure.

Noah felt his grip tighten on Sawlaska. He really hoped the girl wouldn't be upset to see they didn't have chocolate cake. He liked keeping his intestines inside his body, and he didn't want to die for something like that.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah thanked various deities (Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and Cher, to name a few) for the girl being non-threatening. She just wanted to host an information trade instead of an orgy of gore, of which Noah was glad to participate in. He could loosen his grip on Sawlaska and chat with Lily about what he's seen over the last two days.

"Yeah, that's about everything," Noah said in response to Rene. "I mean, there was that guy who walked into the cabin, slept for a bit, then walked off, but he's not really that important. Oh, and we also saw Maria Cucci on the first day, but again, it was so brief it hardly merits any value. Sorry, our information is basically equivalent to the points on Whose Line is it Anyway?."

Noah smirked a bit. Looking back, it didn't seem like they really had anything useful. If this girl was trying to hunt someone down, they probably didn't have much her, especially since Maria and that other guy probably weren't on the announcements. Granted, they could be stealth snakes and rob her or hurt someone without killing them, but Noah was sure that didn't mean much.

"But yeah, we lost track of a friend the other day, so if you know anything about where Sandra Dyer is, that'd help."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah was still mentally chuckling at his Whose Line reference when suddenly there was a loud succession of popping sounds, followed by the sand next to Noah exploding. Well, not exploding, but it suddenly popped up like there was something going on underneath. Maybe some hermit crabs were having a civil war and firing artillery, or maybe there was some alien monster lying beneath the sand proceeding to attack them for stepping into its range. Unfortunately, it couldn't be anything that fantastic, because there was some crazy girl trying to kill them.

Noah turned and saw Nancy Kyle holding a gun at them. His eyes widened and he let out a gasp at the triple killer. Noah stepped back and fell to his rear, dropping Sawlaska to the ground. He couldn't believe he had fallen to the ground when faced with a murderer. Wasn't that how people died in this game? If so, Noah was primed to be nothing more than a new beach side attraction: a restaurant for seagulls.

Before he could panic, Blair had taken to running directly towards the armed and crazy weeaboo. Noah tensed up. Was Blair really that suicidal since she was already predetermined to die young? He looked as the remaining girls all reacted to Nancy, with Lily trying to stop Blair and Rene standing around. Noah finally shook his head, reached over for Sawlaska, and stood up.

"Would everyone just calm the fuck down?!?!" he shouted at no one in particular.

He tightened his grip on Sawlaska, keeping it raised to about waist level. He turned towards Nancy. If this girl was really going to kill them, he needed to be prepared to fight back. Sandra was missing, and Noah wasn't going to let any of his allies die either. Even so, he could feel his hands starting to shake. The steps for using Sawlaska replayed in his head as he waited for the girl's next move.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When Noah saw Nancy raise the gun again, he decided to give up the notion of trying to attack her. There was a reason "flight" was an option along with "fight," and he was fine taking it. Sure, it would have been good to try and stop one of the most notable killers on the island. But not when his team was vastly outmatched in weaponry, accuracy with said weaponry, and the mental fortitude to commit murder. He just needed to get away with his friends in tact.

Unfortunately, when the shot went off, Noah felt a sharp pain in his left leg. He ignored it for a few seconds, around the same time the other girls began to run past him, but soon it became unbearable. He stumbled in the sand and tripped, falling face first into the sand. He looked up and saw the girls running away. Lily was going some other way, but Blair and Rene were going in the same direction. He wanted to call out to them. Cry for them to help. But they were getting farther and farther away. If he called out to them, that could make them targets for Nancy. He bit his tongue, tears starting to well up in his eyes, as he watched the girls continue to run.

Don't stop. Please don't stop running.

He quickly turned back and looked at his leg. His pants leg was torn, and blood was starting to seep down it. He rolled his leg over so her could better look at the wound. It didn't look like the bullet had entered his flesh, but the graze looked like it took out a bit of the flesh of his calf. He tried to stand up, but soon found himself falling back into the sand again.

His breathing starting to increase, Noah turned back in the direction Nancy came from. If she was still here, he was likely an easy target to be picked off. He quickly pulled Sawlaska closer, trying to use it to give himself something to stand up with. Noah winced as he tried to use Sawlaska to prop himself off the ground. He was now sitting up and facing where Nancy should have been. He wanted to believe Nancy could be dissuaded from killing; that he could succeed where those three other kids failed. But at the same time, a part of him worried this was where it would all end: gunned down on the beach to be either food for seagulls or to be swept out into sea when high tide rolled in.

He kept his gaze in the direction. He couldn't see Nancy, but she could be hiding behind the rocks. Noah braced himself for what could be next, keeping Sawlaska close to his body as a pathetic attempt at armor.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah's eyes widened as Nancy emerged from behind the rocks. His heart began to race as she appeared, although he was surprised to see she kept the gun at her side. That only bought him a few extra seconds on this Earth, so he knew it had to matter. She was asking what he was doing, asking if he was going to fight back.

"I'll lose..." Noah began, struggling to adjust himself in the sand. "I'll lose harder than...uh...I dunno...someone who loses hard..."

Noah used Sawlaska to prop himself up, finally getting to stand on his good leg. His left leg was still bleeding, and kept at a bit of an angle so he could at least attempt to stand without immediately falling over. Like Nancy, he kept his weapon to his side. Not like keeping it raised would do any good; that'd tell her immediately he wanted to fight.

Noah had to ponder what to do. Here he was, face-to-face with an actual crazy person. This was what it probably felt like to be clubbing in the gay bars of Milwaukee in the late 80's, only to learn the guy you went home with was actually Jeffrey Dahmer. He knew this was either the part where he could let Nancy kill him to add to her collection of souls to take to Hell with her, or the part where he could get out of this with some of his sanity in tact.

Thus, he decided to do what he did every week for his web show: he talked.

"I know I can't win if I tried to fight you with this fucking Evil Dead thing they gave me," Noah said, wincing at the throbbing pain in his leg. "So sorry to disappoint, but I know fighting you will not end well for me. But then again, what will killing me accomplish? You're not leaving this island. Karma's probably set in motion the events that will lead to your demise, and rest assured, it won't be kawaii. It will be cold, merciless, and probably bleak. But you know what? It will be exactly what you deserve.

"After all, that's what you get for drinking the SOTF Kool-Aid. You really thought playing their way will help you survive. But it won't, Nance. My life might end right here on this beach, but your life ended the minute you decided to kill."

Noah raised Sawlaska so it was pointing at Nancy. Sure, it was a meaningless gesture that wouldn't defend him from her bullets, nor would it show he was able to attack her. But he needed to make his point to her, and this at least made him feel like the hero in a medieval film or a samurai movie.

"So, do you feel like gunning down another peer in cold blood, or would you rather just walk away?"

Even though Noah tried to convey an expression of determination and certainty, in his mind, he began to incessantly pray she'd pick the latter.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah remained stone faced as Nancy began to speak. She was now smiling as she talked about why she was playing. As Noah saw it, her name must have been Melanie Martinez, because apparently she wanted a pity party. Nancy was going on and on about how, unlike literally everyone else on the island, she had no chance of surviving, and how playing would at least be her way of being remembered instead of just being forgotten as a statistic of each game.

"Okay, afterlife or no afterlife, is that really the best way to be remembered?" Noah asked.

Noah shook his head at the girl. The pain in his leg was continuing to cause winces and grunts, so he knew he'd have to deal with it soon.

"I mean, I don't care about how I'll be remembered. I've got a family who will remember me. I've got a whole fucking YouTube channel that will last as long as the website does and as long as anyone cares to copy the videos to their channels. I mean, it's not the best thing to remember me by- certainly some of the earlier videos are shit- but I'd rather be remembered for that than for brutally slicing the heads off my high school classmates with some saw blade throwing garage project.

"And what do you mean 'what are the chances you'd get out alive?' How the hell are you immediately counted out of this thing? Wasn't the last winner some beauty queen or something? Anyone can survive this game; hell, thirty-some kids in 2008 survived by just doing nothing. Okay, you might not be as physically strong as other people, but literally anyone can survive this game. 'Survival of the Fittest' is practically a misnomer at this point. For fuck's sakes, I don't even think anyone would believe I can win at the outset. I don't even believe I can win this! But I'm gonna try to survive, and I'm going to do it right."

Noah took a few steps back, keeping a tight grip on Sawlaska and keeping his eyes trained on Nancy. If Nancy really was going to do nothing to him, then this would be a good chance to try and leave so he could patch up his leg.

"Besides, the ones people remember from this shit are almost never remembered positively. So yeah, you'll be remembered and scorned for all of this, Nancy. Hell, that's how I'll remember you from now on. Congratu-fucking-lations! I hope you're proud for winning a Lifetime Achievement Award for Poor Decision Making. And I hope you're okay having your actions forgotten the next time this game is played and some coward like you decides to butcher their friends. Cause guess what: they will be!"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah let out a quick sigh of relief when Nancy told him to get out of there. Towards the end of his last bit of criticism towards Nancy, he started to realize he was letting his fear of being killed and his anger towards Nancy for shooting him cloud his judgement. That was more likely to get him killed than anything else, and he was immediately regretting a lot of his actions. Despite being a crazy killer, Nancy seemed to have some sanity left to her already fractured mental state. He slowly began to turn away.

"You say this is the only way," Noah said to Nancy, "but believe me: you're soon going to realize just how wrong you were. Goodbye."

Noah turned away and began to quickly limp away from Nancy. His leg was too fucked for him to properly run away, so he was aware Nancy could probably shoot him from behind as he tried to hurry away. He knew it was still a possibility, so he tried to move as quickly as he could. He could feel his sock starting to get wet with blood, mixing with the sand that was already in his shoes. All in all, this was proving to be an uncomfortable run.

He tried to keep going in the direction the girls ran in. If he had a chance, he could hopefully catch up to Blair and Rene. If not, he'd be the new Sandra of the group.

Noah continued to run along the shoreline. He prayed he wouldn't be the new Sandra. He really didn't want to be alone right now.

((Noah Whitley continued I'll Carry On When the Valley's Deep))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Shoreline · Next Topic »
Add Reply