Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Let's Awaken, By the Day; Open
Topic Started: Nov 2 2016, 06:20 PM (1,307 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
BANG BANG

Two shots. Both missed.

((Nancy Kyle continued from .))

Her hand ached. Everything did, really, but the pain in her hand was at the forefront of her mind. How could it not be?

She'd fired the gun. Twice. The gun had kicked in her hand. Twice. She hadn't braced it properly, and of course she'd never fired a gun before.

She almost dropped it. She managed to keep it in her grip, but her wrist was crying in pain. Still, she kept it aimed at the group. Mostly at Noah, because Noah was the one with the big, threatening... whatever it was.

"Don't..." she shouted, before pausing.

Well, they got the idea, surely.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
They all turned to her in a panic. All eyes were on her, now. She could shoot, take them all down. Four kills in a day... that would get everyone's attention.

But then... one of them did something she didn't expect. She charged at her. She definitely didn't expect that.

"What are you..." she started, before realizing the implication of what was happening. She saw one of the other girls lunge for the charging girl. Nancy shouted, before discharging another set of shots. Three.

She didn't stick around to see what happened. She ducked to the side and up the beach, taking cover behind some rocks.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
She heard footsteps. They were running. Nancy took a few seconds to breathe, before popping from behind the rocks. She held the gun up.

Noah was still there, sitting on the ground, holding his weapon close to him.

"What are you even doing?" she cried, before noticing the red staining the sand around his leg.

"Oh," she uttered. She let the gun fall to her side.

"And they all left you behind, huh?" she said, "Pathetic..."

She couldn't even raise the gun again, even if she wanted to. She knew this was a bad idea, after all, he wasn't harmless. He still had... that thing in his hands. She kept her distance, even if it meant raising her voice a bit over the waves.

"What are you going to do? Fight back?" she asked.

Please. Give me a reason to kill you.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Survive?" Nancy said, running her hand through her hair, "I think... I think you're misunderstanding the situation here."

He thought she was playing to win. Maybe that's what they all thought. Maybe that's what every other big killer was doing. It would make sense, of course, but Nancy wasn't trying to survive. She knew she wouldn't.

That's why she was killing.

"What I deserve, huh..." she said idly to herself, repeating his words.

"Maybe... maybe I will deserve it. Maybe karma will come back and strike me down, but... you know what? I really couldn't care less."

A smile crept onto her face at that point. A small one, but it finally... she finally had a chance to let it all out.

"Because that won't change the fact that I'm already dead. Whether I kill twenty people or zero, I'm going to die, because look at me. Of all the people on this island, what are the chances that I'll get out alive? What do you think?"

She kept a grip on the gun. She was expecting at any point in her explanation that he would just swing that thing at her face. Even if she didn't know how it worked, she knew getting hit by it would be big trouble.

If Noah said anything at that point, she didn't hear it.

"So why... why die as... just another number? A statistic? No... no one will forget. They'll remember. They'll remember, and they'll hate, they'll loathe, they'll grind their teeth at the very mention of my name... but they'll remember."

Her throat was getting hoarse. She cleared her throat.

"I never really believed in an afterlife, anyway."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Whatever," Nancy said.

"And no, it's not the best way. But right now it's the only way."

Nancy wanted to raise the gun up right then and there and end him, but something stopped her. It was the trembling in her hand, her mind telling her that she would miss, even at this distance.

"You can think whatever you want. Get out of here. Before I change my mind."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
She should have shot him.

Nancy watched him, stared at his back, as he walked away. He was already long gone when she changed her mind.

She should have shot him.

She sat on a rock for a while, thinking about... nothing in particular.

Her hands quivered a bit at Noah's words, but...

He was wrong. She was sure of it. What other way was there? Noah said it, but he didn't give her a counterexample.

"That's right," Nancy said aloud, "This is the only way."

She stood up.

She walked.

((Nancy Kyle continued in お元気ですか?))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Shoreline · Next Topic »
Add Reply