Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Devil's Choir; Morning, Day 3
Topic Started: Nov 2 2016, 06:12 PM (1,715 Views)
Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from No Time For Sorrow))

Brendan just had been wandering around for a long time until he arrived at the chapel. He observed it from the outside. He decided that he should hide out here after he had heard the announcements. He knew that sooner or later anyone who had been friends with.... with....

Brendan didn't want to remember the name. He only just felt more shame. More guilt. He thought about what he had done. He didn't like the feeling of people coming after him to avenge their friend. But he had been the one who made the choice to take someone's life to save someone else's.

Jeremiah Larkin.

That had been his name. When he had been alive before Brendan had put an end to it. It was pretty horrifying that he could end a life so easily. Just like that. It made Brendan want to never hurt anyone else. He didn't want to see his friends. Not yet. He couldn't search for them right now. He had too much on his mind. He needed to be alone.

He hadn't been able to sleep that well. As he had been having nightmares about Larkin. He hated the asylum with a deep passion. So he left early in the morning. Or what he thought was the morning. He had wandered around aimlessly until he had heard the announcements that had shattered his heart. He won something at the radio tower but he didn't want to go there. At least not right now.

Brendan made his way closer to the chapel, making sure to keep the spear close to his side. He didn't hold it up in a defensive way as he thought there was no reason for him to do so. He just wanted to get inside. Calm his nerves. Eat a little of his food. Maybe pray. He didn't really know.

Brendan took a deep breath. Then he went through the entrance and he made his way inside. He glanced around to see if anybody else was there. He should have been more cautious.

Not your brightest move, Brendan....
Edited by Primrosette, Nov 3 2016, 08:10 AM.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan had been stupidly careless. He should have known that someone would be there. On their guard. If only he had been more careful. He had stopped moving and he turned his head a little towards the direction of the voice. And he recognised who it was right away.

Min-Jae Parker. Someone who didn't like him. But he was also a killer as well. Brendan wasn't sure how to feel about that. Who had the victim been? Samuel Howard. Brendan didn't know the one who died at Min-Jae's hands. It didn't make him feel better to know someone else who did the same thing as him. Killing Jeremiah had been wrong. Brendan admitted that to himself not that long ago. Had Min-Jae felt the same after what he had done?

Brendan was about to speak up until he heard someone say something instead. It sounded like a girl's voice. Someone had followed him inside. He should had known that would happen. He turned his body around more to see who it was. It was a risk since Min-Jae was aiming a weapon at him. He realized that it was Asha. He didn't really know her but she seemed to know Min-Jae more than him. So he guessed that she could help calm him down.

Brendan then saw a familiar girl who waved to him and greeted him. How funny he hadn't been in the mood to look for his friends for some time. But now here was one of his friends.

Dorothy.

Brendan wanted to drop the spear. He wanted to rush over to her. He wanted to pull her into a hug. He wanted to know if she was okay. He wanted to know if anyone had hurt her. He wanted to confess how he was feeling right at that moment. But he didn't do any of that. He just stood there. Staring at Asha and Dorothy.

"....D....Dorothy....?" He murmured softly and he felt his heart ache. Did she think that he was a bad person now? He didn't want to know. He didn't want one of his closest friends to be afraid of him. "Are you.... you alright? No one has hurt you...?"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan knew that Jae wouldn't trust him. For a very good reason. However, he was not going to attack Asha because she posed as no threat to him. He wasn't going to hurt every single person that he would come across. Well, not now. To be able to show that he was not going to hurt anyone, was to drop his weapon. Could he really do that? With Jae somewhat threatening to maybe kill him?

Not a bad idea. It would be what you deserve, Brendan.

A dark thought, yes. Brendan felt a bit ill thinking about it. He was being selfish. He couldn't let that happen. Not when one of his friends were here. He couldn't abandon her. He wanted to stay by Dorothy's side. He wanted to protect her. Maybe Asha as well. Jae might not want him along but.... Well, that was too bad. Brendan was going to stick around for a while.

When Asha mentioned Brendan's award at the radio tower, he felt a pang of guilt and his heart felt a little broken. He hadn't wanted to remember about it. But now that she had said about it. He had to disagree with her. He had to go and get it sooner or later for a pretty obvious reason.

"Asha, you shouldn't be proud of me..." Brendan was speaking more clearly as he focused his attention on her. "I was planning on getting it later. I don't want it to be left there in case someone else will get it and use it for bad intentions. I kill.... killed Jeremiah. Because I thought that I was doing the right thing by trying to stop him and Michael from killing a girl. Now.... Now I'm not so sure. What I did.... was unforgivable...."

Brendan dropped his improvised weapon and he listened to it scatter to the ground. He was silent for a second. He slowly stepped forward towards where Dorothy was standing. Hoping that Jae would not take a shot at him. Would she be scared of him? Knowing what he had done? He wanted to know how she felt. It felt important to him. But how could he ask her?

"Dorothy.... I...."

He couldn't get any words out.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan had heard what Jae said. Being a winner? Brendan wanted to laugh at how pitiful the question sounded to him. But he didn't. He didn't want to look like he was losing his head. Even if he was feeling like he was about to have a breakdown. He really didn't feel like a winner. He felt sick. He felt wrong. He felt guilty. He felt like a complete loser.

Asha was saying something to him. A lot of words that he was sure was her way of making him feel better. It wasn't helping his mood at all. But he appreciated that she was trying. At least she wasn't making him feel worse like Jae did with his question. He knew that many others would die. But he just didn't like the fact that someone else's blood was on his hands. It was something that will stick with him for how much longer he was going to live. A day? Two days? Three days? He didn't have a clue.

Brendan then realized that Dorothy was speaking as well while he had remain quiet as he listened to Asha. He turned his attention to what she was doing. She was moving towards him with her arms open. She was looking for a hug. From him...? He would talk about everything with her if he wanted to. But.... he didn't feel ready for a talk and a hug with her. He needed to....

Find Jonathan....

He had to find him. And that was what he was going to do. Talk to him and hopefully bring him back here. Five people would make things more secure to Brendan. More safe. Even tho he and Jae were both killers. He couldn't stay there. He needed to go and find Jonathan. He needed to go to the radio tower as well. He couldn't let anyone else get the prize.

"Actually, I think you should save that hug, Dorothy."

He took a few steps back to where the stick was and he picked it up. He couldn't leave without it. He needed it to fight off anyone who will threaten to hurt him. He might run into Michael again. He needed to be careful. He gave Dorothy a small smile.

"I have to go. There is someone that I have to find out there. I can't just hide here and mope around. Because that will do nothing to help anyone. And I need to explain things to him. Maybe-Maybe I can convince him to come back here with me. Just as long as you guys are still here when I get back...." He said as he moved pass Dorothy but he gave her shoulder a gentle pat. "Please stay alive.... All of you...."

And then he was gone.

((Brendan Harte continued This time I might just disappear.))
Edited by Primrosette, Jan 19 2017, 08:55 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Chapel · Next Topic »
Add Reply