Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
V6 BKA/BDA Voting: October 2016
Topic Started: Oct 25 2016, 05:29 PM (432 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's time for V6's second round of contest voting! Here's a quick recap of the rules for your benefit when voting:

Quote:

Votes will remain hidden until the voting is done.

Votes are made anonymously, so you'll need to log out of your account and post as a guest.

You may not vote for yourself for either award.

Votes must come with reasoning, or they will not be counted.

As a reminder on points of courtesy: please be sure to read every kill and death before voting, please vote for your genuine favourites rather than just voting for your friends, and please don't campaign for awards in the chat or otherwise try to influence the vote.

BEST KILL AWARD:
Jasmine Reed, for killing Joshua Bracewell
Oskar Pearce, for killing Jane Madison
Nancy Kyle, for killing Sabrina Luz
Kimiko Kao, for killing Bradley Floyd
Nancy Kyle, for killing Sandy Bricks
Brendan Harte, for killing Jeremiah Larkin
Isabel Ramirez, for killing Danny Brooks

BEST DEATH AWARD:
Ciel, for the death of Joshua Bracewell
Rorick Skyve, for the death of Jane Madison
Yugikun, for the death of Jasmine King
decoy73, for the death of Sabrina Luz
General Goosebumps, for the death of Bradley Floyd
The Slamtichrist, for the death of Sandy Bricks
Lolita, for the death of Jeremiah Larkin
Violent-Medic, for the death of Danny Brooks

Voting will run for five days, with the winners being declared in the following announcement.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lady in Mourning
Unregistered

BKA: Brendan Harte, for one of the most startling deaths this far. This was a risky scene to do as well, because unrevealed killers have had trouble in the past, but I really liked the execution on this one. The thought processes of the victim(s(?)) and Brendan's flawed understanding of the situation makes for a really shocking and exciting scene that will definitely have long-term ramifications.

BDA: Bradley Floyd. For all the jokes we've made about Bradley's death being a good thing, and as unpleasant as he was as a person for much of his time, I think Bradley's death scene and death post in particular are really compelling characterization points for every character, but especially Bradley. He's thought-provoking, flavorful, well-written in voice and content, and overall a really interesting death that has a lot to look at.
Goto Top

Cthulhu
Unregistered

Best Kill: Brendan Harte for killing Jeremiah Larkin. One of the better "misunderstanding leads to a murder" scenes I've read, the kill stems logically from Brendan's character as he is set up in pregame and early V6 and how he interprets the fight he stumbles upon and the people involved. It feels very significant for him as a character and informs how his story might progress from here on, which is what a kill should accomplish for the killer.

Best Death: General Goose with Bradley Floyd. A long-winded death that sums up Bradley as a character, both as he sees himself and as the massive douchebag everyone else sees him as. He's making off-color jokes right up to the end, staying true to himself no matter what, and it manages to get the reader to really see things from his angle and sympathize with him as a person, despite everything you've seen him do for shits and giggles up to that point.
Goto Top

hunnybunny
Unregistered

BKA: Jasmine Reed, for killing Joshua Bracewell. Crazy looks real cute on Jazzy. I'm loving it so far. It's nice to see some of that formatting swagger done to its subtle best, and this kill is really the catalyst of all that. I can't wait to see where she goes with the rest of her arc, because right now it's looking like a real fun ride.

BDA: Bradley Floyd, by General Goose. Bradley is a shit bird. Always has been, always will be. But even a shit bird can sing a pretty little swan song :c I love this character and I think seeing some of the moments of genuine vulnerability and care in his final moments helped open up without seeming contrived. Bradley doesn't think of himself as a bad person and he's not trying to hurt people even if he doesn't understand how terrible his attitude back home was. He's still human. I think a lot of people felt like we'd look forward to seeing Bradley die for narrative catharsis, especially for someone who got as much of his pre-game nastiness as Kimiko, but...damn. It really ended up being very sad instead, and I think Goose deserves some major props for pulling that off!
Goto Top

Unregistered

BKA: Oskar Pearce for killing Jane Madison. What I liked about this kill was how Oskar had to gradually build himself up to the kill through escalating the situation, from a robbery to avoiding actually fighting Jane. I also appreciated the need for reassurance afterward. I found it very realistic that he latches on to someone else justifying his behavior.

BDA: General Goosebumps for the death of Bradley Floyd. There were multiple things to like here. One was that Bradley got killed due to his signature flaw: saying shit that pisses people off. He even continued with the bad jokes as he was dying, which I found made him consistent instead of radically changing the writing style for the death itself. Additionally, that he had all those other thoughts to distract him a bit from dying was something I liked.
Goto Top

Guest posting screen?
Unregistered

Sorry if this double or triple posts, I got told to submit my post again?

BKA: Kimiko. I really liked the no-nonsense approach she took to it, and how abrupt it was. Blah blah blah STAB. Also I'd be amused if she won two BKAs in a row.

BDA: Bradley. He had it coming from his very first pregame post, but seriously, I felt it was a good culmination of his various actions over pregame and main game up until his (now literal) fatal flaw rears its head one last time.
Goto Top

Unregistered

BKA (Oskar Pearce / Jane Madison)
BDA (General Goosebumps / Bradley Floyd)

This was a hard one. For BKA it was a combination of OOC and IC factors. The dynamic of the kill was excellently played and set up, shout out to all three handlers. Oskar played a fascinating role as hero. Character-ful in a very minimalist set up, which is hard. Every word sold exactly what the kill and it's aftermath meant. What's left to come will probably be awesome. And in terms of IC I think the terrorists would love to bestow the Caedyn/Oskar duo with a prize, due to the extra potential to explore the power dynamic... BDA was a tough field and a lot of the deaths were considered at some point. Bradley's death was even almost too verbose and overwhelmingly detail packed to seem appropriate, but what really sold it was the quality of the writing. The structure of every sentence and every word chosen was nigh immaculate. Bradley's character as a whole is wrapped up neatly into his death, packaged, and effectively sold. The consistency within the build up, climax, and resolution was well played. Another way I guess I could say it? It was a perfectly 'Bradley' death, and I like that.
Goto Top

Yes!
Unregistered

BKA: Nancy Kyle for the death of Sandyyy.

Nancy caused a massacre and then caused a second murder. Nancy needs a better weapon than Mitch's gun. Nancy is such an interesting read and I like her concept of killing people. I choose Sandy's death scene specifically, because the fight scene was beautifully choreographed.

BDA: Jerry's death

It was the best death of V6 so far. I never expected that to happen. Besides, it was a very fitting end to Jeremiah and it has a cool prose. I especially liked the bits of him turning back and the flowery prose about him dying as if he was in some movie. Very dramatic, very awesome.
Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Two days left for votes guys. So get them in quick if you want your favourite kill or death to win.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Midoriya
Unregistered

Best Kill Award

It was a close call, but in the end, I think my vote has to go to Brendan Harte for the death of Jerry Larkin. Brendan had finally worked up the guts to try and be a hero, but he failed miserably - he ended up killing an innocent person, and let a murderer escape. Giving Brendan BKA would also have interesting in-character effects, as he'd try and grapple with winning something for this accident.

Best Death Award

Jasmine King, admittedly, kind of deserved it. She died for her insensitivity. However, she managed to turn the tables on Sandy very quickly and wonderfully. The emotional downward spiral was well written, and made the sudden rebellion at the end so much better. She left the world in spite, not even giving Sandy the satisfaction of killing her. It's an incredible piece worthy of BDA.
Goto Top

yes
Unregistered

My vote goes to both NAFT and Rorick Skyve for BKA/BDA, for Oskar Pearce killing Jane Madison. I just couldn't separate the two, honestly; the scene worked due to the well-executed pacing between the two handlers, in my mind. There was some very palpable tension between Jane and Oskar, especially considering Jane, so often the cause of antagonism back home, was perfectly within her rights to be angry at the situation she found herself in. It was well written on both sides and generally just enjoyable to read!
Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just under fifteen hours left to get your votes in if you haven't already.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unregistered

Best Kill Award: My vote for Best Kill goes to Brendan Harte for the death of Jeremiah Larkin. I never saw this coming. I didn't think Brendan would be Jerry's killer, and I never thought Brendan would be pushed to commit murder. Likewise, I never thought Brendan would kill this way. This was a brutal death, and for it to come out of nowhere was really neat. It's also neat to see Brendan's thought process behind this, since it informs us of the levels of irony in the scene. I know this will definitely play a big part in Brendan's story, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Best Death Award: My vote for Best Death goes to General Goose for the death of Bradley Floyd. While part of this is to see the plethora of choices in Bradley's quote for the scrolling quote, it's also just such a good scene for such a garbage pail kid like Bradley. It's got some humor, got some heart, and also shows some real depth to Bradley. He may have only had two threads to be such a dick, but here, I was somewhat sad to see him go, and I thought it was an excellent send off.
Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Voting is closed. The winners shall be revealed in the next announcement.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

Lucas Brady - Believing in the Heart of the Cards - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Contest Voting · Next Topic »
Locked Topic