Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
血塗れ桜; Bloodstained Cherry Tree; Open, Day 2 Late Afternoon
Topic Started: Oct 23 2016, 11:40 PM (1,018 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nancy Kyle continued from 幽霊屋敷.))

Nancy panted and gasped as she ran into the art therapy room. She went through the door, pushing it closed behind her. She finally stopped we she put a hand to the wall to steady herself.

Her head was pounding. How many blows to the face had she taken? She didn't know. She was glad there weren't any mirrors in the room; she'd be tempted to go and look into, to see what she'd currently looked like.

That, she already decided, would have been a bad idea.

There was a strong smell of copper in the room, and Nancy turned to see what the source was.

Oh.

She cautiously approached the body of Mitch Settles, examined the scene of the crime for top to bottom.

"You decided this was easier," she stated, matter-of-factly. "I'm not like you."

She shook her head. Looked down. At his gun.

"I can't die yet," she said, "I'm going to, I know. But not yet. Just... not yet."

She took a shaky step forward. And then another. She reached her hands out, prying the gun from the body's fingers. She held the gun in her hands. Her vision blurred, and she wiped her eyes. They fell to his bag, and after a bit of effort she took that too.

She looked around, searching for the camera in the room. Eventually, she found it, and walked up to it.

"Minna-san. Are you watching? I hope so. This is... this is me, okay?" she said, before sniffing, "I'm going to... I'm going to make sure you remember this. Remember me."

She waved her arm toward Mitch's corpse.

"Remember them. Because they're not coming home. Because I'm not coming home. I don't care if you hate me. Just don't forget me. Don't forget us."

Nancy wasn't happy. She was smiling, but she wasn't happy.

In a way, she thought maybe she'd done a small good thing. Sure, it was selfish that she wanted the attention. But she was pleading for the audience not to forget everyone. Not just her. Did that absolve her? Absolutely not, but...

She swallowed, a lump going down her throat.

"That's my... that's my only message. Nancy-chan isn't going to be a nobody."
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy turned around and almost jumped when she saw Jasmine standing there.

Jasmine. Nancy wanted to smile, to cry out in happiness, but she couldn't. Not after what had happened just downstairs.

Not after seeing Jasmine's face.

She wasn't happy to see her, it was evident. The girl looked at her, like she had just...

...Well.

Nancy still held the gun in her left hand, and the hatchet in her right. Jasmine was standing right there. Nancy could easily.

But she couldn't. Couldn't even think of doing something like that. Because Jasmine wasn't just another name, just another casual acquaintance she could off and only feel slight remorse for.

Because Jasmine was someone Nancy truly cared about. It seemed that that feeling was one-sided right now.

"Jazz."

A statement.

Nancy gulped, her eyes threatening to spill tears.

"Jazzy..."

A plea.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then someone else was there, and things got kind of awkward.

Nancy knew of Caedyn, of course, mostly in the context that had just presented itself here. Jazz's girlfriend.

She wiped her tears and stood there, her eyes going down to the gun in her hand.

Caedyn wasn't Jazz. Nancy didn't really particularly care about Caedyn. She could have pointed the gun right then and there, aimed it at Caedyn and pulled the trigger and bang, another kill would go to her.

But Jazz was there, and she cared about Jazz and Jazz cared about Caedyn and she couldn't lift the gun up knowing that so many things could go wrong if she did.

So she didn't. She just waited for them to finish their reunion. Nancy wanted to leave, but she didn't want to leave Jazz. She wanted Jazz to come with her, but then Caedyn might come along and that wouldn't work at all.

She groaned. Why'd this have to be so complicated?

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
...What were they doing? What was she doing?

Was Jazz an idiot? Did she just suddenly forget where they were? She was hugging Caedyn all lovey-dovey, and they were standing in the middle on the hallway. Was she not aware that someone could come up and kill her at any moment?

"You know," Nancy said.

She raised the gun, pointing it right at them.

"You really should pay attention," she continued humorlessly.

Nancy breathed in and then held it.

She wasn't planning on shooting them. But they had to realize that they couldn't just stand around lovestruck.

She put all her weight onto her back foot, and prepared to step back if necessary. Jazz had already killed someone, and she didn't know how she was going to react to having a gun pointed at her face.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping for activity.))

"So?" Nancy replied.

She kept the gun up, because neither of them had moved. They were looking at her now, but neither of them had moved.

"Where is he, then?" she asked, noting that there was a particular lack of gun-toting boy in the vicinity.

Nancy considered the fact that Caedyn was bluffing. She also considered the fact that Caedyn wasn't bluffing. But then, even if she wasn't, this boy. This boy with the gun. Nancy didn't see him.

"But you're right, of course," Nancy continued, lowering the gun. She didn't put it away, because why would she? She kept it visible, but not aimed at them anymore.

"I wouldn't hurt you," she finished, putting great emphasis on the 'I'.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Alright," Nancy said.

Nancy shrugged her shoulders, before walking toward them. She slipped past them, toward the entrance.

"Jazz, I'll... see you around, I guess," she said, before walking away.

((Nancy Kyle continued in .))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Art Therapy · Next Topic »
Add Reply