Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So, so tired...
Topic Started: Oct 21 2016, 05:32 AM (381 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jennifer Wallace continued from Little Pig))

Her feet were tired. Her mind was weary.

Jennifer wasn’t in the best mental space possible. They hadn’t made it to the depot before nightfall, so they spent the night in the woods. That wasn’t as bad as it sounded at first, until she woke up with some red bumps from mosquitos. Lovely. She had to hope that they didn’t carry any diseases. It would be the worst thing ever if she somehow survived, only to die of malaria a few months later. Then they finally made it to the supply depot. It wasn’t long before the announcements came on and declared it a “danger zone” anyways, though.

Jennifer could remember the panic she felt once that was announced. She only had, at most, a few minutes to process who died and how before that terror sunk in. They escaped though, thank god. But it meant that the one place they’d been trekking towards was no longer available.

She would have loved for a pen and paper, too. They’d taken hers, which was a damn shame. It would have been a prudent idea to keep information like who was killing down in a notebook. That way, she could easily figure out who to avoid. She wasn’t sure where she could get something like that, either. But she remembered some details, and…

Scarlett McAfee was dead. Jennifer remembered her. She wrote Star Wars fanfiction, and was an energetic, talkative girl. Who’d just murder her with an ax, honestly? What’s worse was, Danya had cracked a joke about it. She was sure he’d cracked a joke about all of them. Cristobal Morales was also dead, and got a joke about it too. But they, and others, were dead.

She wished she could have written everything down. She wished that she could have fully processed who died, and who murdered in time. Wishing didn’t do anything, though.

So, Jennifer wasn’t in the best of spirits by the time they made it to the warehouse. Her feet were sore, and she needed a shower, a cup of coffee, some aspirin, and some bug spray. But they slipped inside, and like Bart, she placed herself on a crate, her leg muscles still aching. She wasn’t out of shape, not by any stretch. A few years of hiking and urban exploration had made her able to walk for quite a while. Looking him over, she couldn’t imagine how Bart felt. His face was red, and the scent that fell off him had increased, as if it because he was sweaty. He hadn’t done so good hiking, either.

She looked at him, sitting on the crate across. Jennifer wondered for a moment if she could ask how he was. But another question came up.

“Once we’re done resting, do you think it’d be a good idea to see if there’s anything useful we could find?” she asked.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jennifer processed the question Bart asked her, but shook her head. She was still trying to figure it out herself.

“No, I didn’t, too much,” she said. “I wish there could be something to write this stuff down.”

Later, while Bart rested, she did a bit of looking around. She was still on the lookout for something decent for her feet. Again, why couldn’t she have packed better shoes for when, you know, she had to take her heels off? Sure, science trip, but really. Each moment made her regret her decision more and more. She’d been hoping to find extra food, but then again, would there be canned food that was still edible laying around? Also, again, something to write down information. There was some kind of check-out book on a desk, and it seemed in pretty good condition. However, she wasn’t sure if any other paper they found would be in good condition. It really depended on how long the island had been abandoned.

There wasn’t much found, unfortunately. Which was a damn shame. Again, still holding out for good supplies, fingers crossed. Maybe they could check later, when there were more rested. There was probably something more noteworthy where they hadn’t searched yet.

The next morning, the announcements came on again. Jane Madison was shot, Jasmine King killed herself. Jennifer tensed up as the names went on and on. She knew Jane, she knew Jasmine. Sanford was another photographer, she knew. Brendan Harte, of all people, a boy whose work she had critiqued in the Writing Club, who took everything she said to hard and tried to improve, had killed someone. Isabel had killed again, and Min-Jae had beaten someone to death.

There wasn’t much time to process the information, though.

Jennifer mouthed a curse as she realized quickly where the “Utilities Compound” was. She would care a bit more about language if the circumstances were different. But as if in reminder, the beeping started again.

She lifted her bag’s strap over her shoulder, and started moving as quickly as possible. She stumbled a bit as she tried to follow the sound of Bart and Kiziah’s sprinting, but adrenaline kept her moving. Somewhere she heard something drop, but she didn’t pay much mind to it.

All she was focused on was leaving.

((Jennifer Wallace continued elsewhere))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply