Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Robber Barons; (private thread)
Topic Started: Oct 8 2016, 11:17 AM (871 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(I'm posting because inactivity would hit me in two days. Just wanna get in here. Can rearrange posting order later if needed)

((Caleb Diamond continued from Survival Strategy))

They were just outside the range zone now, at the location the map called "the slopes." Every few minutes Caleb had been mashing his hand into his face to try and wake himself up. He pulled a bottle of water and drank a little and that seemed to help more than anything else. It had only been on night without his sleep medication and already it was taking a toll. It was just yet another thing in an infinitely long list of things that made him totally unsuitable to survive in the "game" they'd been thrown into.

They were wading around in the tall grass, looking to see if over the next slope they might find Kimiko. He was still completely terrified of what talking to her would yield. Not that she was particularly physically threatening. It was, in Caleb's opinion, a much stupider fear. He slapped a label of "nervousness" on it and pushed it to the side.

The announcements said she'd be at the helipad, so with any luck she'd exit from the direction of the slopes and he could intercept her. He looked around for Maria. All things considered, she'd been a good sport about pretty much everything and must have had some degree of trust in him. On a different train of thought, he mused that it was weird that his opinion of her had improved lightyears over his first impression of her. I still wasn't great, but it was improved.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caleb stopped walking and frantically looked around. Maria wasn't with him. They must have wandered in different directions while he was lost in thought. He wasn't sure if it would be safe to call out to either her or Kimiko.

He had absolutely nothing as far as a weapon went. Caleb looked on the ground and found a somewhat sharp stick. He picked it up, thinking that if he had known this would all happen he'd have spent less time studying chemistry and more time on kung fu or something. Caleb held his breath and stood very still, trying to listen for any errant noises other than the occasional squawk of seagulls. There was some faint, distant rustling. Caleb lowered himself so as to be hidden by the grass and shrubs and slowly moved in the direction he'd heard the noise.

He imagined stumbling across someone from school covered head-to-toe in blood and viscera. That image morphed into a hungry squirrel scuttling around. Caleb wasn't sure what the probability of either being.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Posting orders are for people not about to explode ))

Caleb heard someone shout out and when he heard it his blood turned to ice water.

"Mutie..."

A mute. Against the odds his plan had actually worked, but someone else had a similar plan. Caleb pulled the mask on and ran in the direction of the disturbance. His ankles became wrapped in long weeds and his toes halted by stray rocks a few times, resulting in some near misses with the ground. He managed to recover each time and kept going forward. The plants and shrubs lashed at him and marked his skin with faint red welts and shallow cuts.

He arrived to see Kaitlyn jump at Kimiko.

"Hey!" he bellowed.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caleb ran after her

((continued in The Lagniappe ))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Slopes · Next Topic »
Add Reply