Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I've Got No Strings; Private; Caedyn/Jane tag
Topic Started: Oct 8 2016, 12:46 AM (1,098 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Caedyn Miller continued from God Help The Outcasts))

People were already killing. It really wasn't that hard to get them going, was it? Like, she'd always heard the little bits of rumors, stuff came up online all the time, but she never believed it. Here they were though. Their first morning, and some of her classmates had ran eagerly into murder without a second thought from the sound of it.

This was gonna be easy. Way, way too easy. That little, innocent gesture Oskar gave her reminded her of that. If she was reading the whole thing wrong, it'd just wind up being a waste of time, but if she wasn't...if she wasn't, Jane wasn't going to be a problem for much longer.

How would he read affirmation? Approval? Was he just gonna rob her? Was he gonna beat her up? Was he gonna kill her? There was no way of knowing. She never would have expected this out of him in the first place, and they weren't all that close. He was going to do something, though. All she needed was to tip him over the edge.

Caedyn looked to him as the echoes of the announcement died out, then gave a nod and a small tip of her head towards Jane. It was time.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The funny thing was, she didn't have to do a thing. A glance, a nod of the head, a shift of her shoulders, an unspoken agreement between them, that's all she had to do, and it meant nothing. She could back out whenever. She didn't have to be the bad guy. In fact, if anybody walked up, she'd have completely deniability.

"You should do what he says, Jane," she said quietly. "He sounds really serious. Just...we don't want anybody to get hurt, okay? We can figure this out. Just do what he wants and give him the bag, this doesn't have to be crazy."

She was just an innocent bystander making the best of the situation. She didn't put Oskar up to this, not really. It was all what he wanted. If he decided to read her going along with it as support...well, that wasn't her fault, now was it?
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Jane."

Her voice came out quiet and shaky. This was, uh, not how things were supposed to go. She figured Oskar had something, but she hadn't figured that much. Oh god. Oh god. He could actually kill her. Everything was really, really fucking serious all the sudden.

"Jane, he...he's got a gun, okay? This is crazy, you need to calm down and just..." She licked her lips. This wasn't right, she wasn't supposed to have to see it, but it was Jane, Jane was such a stubborn bitch, and, and-"Oskar won't hurt you, right Oskar? Nobody hast to...you don't, y'know, so just...just put it down and step back and we'll talk, okay?" Oskar was crazy. He was really gonna kill her. It wasn't the plan at all.

She could work with that.

"J-just for once in your life, don't be a stupid bitch, okay?"
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She couldn't help but recoil a little as Oskar advanced. It was really happening, he was going to shoot her, or she was going to attack him, or...

What if Oskar lost?

Oskar couldn't lose. Then Jane would have a gun, and a lot of anger to work out, and she'd be pointing it right at her. Something had to be done, but she felt frozen, staring on in horror as the words caught in her throat. It was too late to move. Too late to say anything. Whatever happened next probably decided if she was gonna live or die, and she gambled it all on Oskar.

Fucking Oskar.

Her whole body tensed. If it came down to a struggle, if it looked like Jane was going to take the gun, or even get past him...she had to run, she had to make herself move, right? It'd be harder to hit her if she ran, and maybe Jane would be tired, and maybe, maybe, she could get away.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He did it.

He actually did it.

It was hard to say how she expected it to play out before in all the whirling confusion of her brain as she flinched away. Maybe to just shoot her, and she'd grab her chest and fall down, like in the movies. When he started getting all close and personal, maybe she'd expected a fight. A struggle. For Jane to lash out at him and try to take the gun, not just stand there like that and try to talk him down.

She expected it to be more like Mr. Graham. Not so...personal.

It had happened in an instant, but they'd all known it was coming. From the second Oskar pressed the gun to her flesh, the only question was whether he'd have the resolve to pull the trigger. The crack of the gun firing resolved any doubt of that and brought her to her knees, holding her ears and staring at the ground. She didn't want to see it. She didn't want to smell the smoke or the blood. Not again. Both because this time, something was...different. The violence played out differently in her head, and she didn't wanna think about it, didn't want to examine it. It couldn't be helped though. The thoughts were there.

Jane wasn't helpless like Mr. Graham.

Jane wasn't a victim like Mr. Graham.

Jane was weak, and stubborn, and stupid, and she deserved to die.

That was an awful, awful thought, even for her. Like, she'd never really wanted someone to die before, sure she could be vindictive but she wasn't violent or anything. At least she thought so...but it wasn't just where they were or something like that. Jane didn't deserve to die here. Jane deserved to die, end of story. That's how her head felt, curled up on her knees and trying to block out the ringing in her ears with her cupped hands. No, that was wrong. She felt a lot more than that.

It felt like everyone else like Jane might deserve to die too.

She tried to push the thoughts from her head and struggled back to her feet, her eyes falling on Jane's bleeding body on the ground with a mixture of fear, curiosity, and disgust.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Twitching, grabbing fingers reminded her more of the death throes of a squashed spider than something human, or the kicking legs of a rat when you hit it in the head with something heavy. She'd seen stuff like that on the internet before, when she looked around places she should or got hit with a light shock gif, though it wasn't something she'd seen all that much in real life. The resemblance was uncanny though, and kind of appropriate. 'cuz like all of that kind of stuff, Jane was vermin. A pest and a drain that had to be dealt with for her survival.

Actually no, that wasn't right. Jane was worse than vermin. Vermin tried to survive. Vermin fought. Vermin didn't just stand there bitching and get themselves killed. She didn't know what Jane was, but it was something lesser. Something more contemptible, that she could hate. That wasn't crazy. It was just, just fact. She wasn't like that. She deserved to survive and she was going to fight for it, and whatever Jane was, she was sure there was a lot more of it here. People were going to keep dying, because they didn't fucking know how to survive, but she did. She could be better than them, and that meant she got to go home.

Oskar was looking at her now, all doe-eyed and spattered with the evidence of what he'd done. Honestly, he kinda made her sick too. The way he was looking at her made her feel like he hadn't done this for himself, like he couldn't, and he needed her approval and support to keep going. If that was true, he wasn't much better than Jane in the end. He wouldn't be able to survive on his own, and eventually he was going to die here. That was okay though. He didn't have to survive forever. Just long enough to keep being useful to her. She could pretend for him, and he could keep her hands clean. He was a rat, but he could be her pet rat, her attack tarantula, her hissing komodo dragon, and gobble up anyone that got in their way.

"It's okay, Oskar," she said softly, her face twisting into false compassion. "It's over. She didn't give you any choice, okay?" Her hands spread slowly to invite him in. "Nobody's gonna judge you, okay? I'll make sure they know what really happened." Strong emphasis came down on 'really,' with a knowing look in her eye. "Jane was dangerous. Unstable. She tried to lure you in so she could hurt you, and you saved both of us. Right?"

Yeah. She could make this work. Everything was starting to add up now. She just had to keep him on board.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, they had something in common. Sort of. Vomiting wasn't really a hobby she'd clicked on before but like, people did it at school, they could make it work here. Oskar just needed her to be all...safe and nurturing and stuff, probably. Build him back up so he could keep taking care of problems. Like a little wind up soldier. It was kinda cute. Yeah, cute. Not totally fucked, like everything else here.

She couldn't focus on the fucked up parts. That would make her weak. Jane tried to make reality work and she was dead. Caedyn wouldn't make that mistake. She'd just roll with the punches. This was her world now. Her role. Everything else could be sorted out when she was alive and home and safe, like she deserved to be. For now, she moved a little closer to him, holding out her hands and walking slowly to let him see she wasn't gonna be a threat. "Of course. You had to do it. It was us or her, Oskar. You did the right thing, okay?"

For a moment, she looked down at the dead girl's body, then at her clothes. They reeked. The dress wouldn't fit her right, but...blood was better than vomit and shit. "Oskar...look, I don't wanna do this, but my clothes are..." A hand waved at the clear stains of bile across her top with a shudder. "I...I think I have to take some of her stuff, okay? So like, if you wanna look away, or, whatever..." She let the words hang. Keep moving forward and engaging him. That was the only way.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now. Now he chooses to grow a spine? Just all of the sudden? No. It didn't work that way. Oskar didn't know what he wanted, and that's why he had her.

"No you don't," she said quietly. "You really, really don't."

She didn't move. Just kept staring at him, at his gun, and trying not to tremble. "They're going to tell everyone tomorrow, just like they did today. Everyone will know what you did. And nobody will ever trust you again."

Her tongue slipped out to lick her dry lips as she stared him down. "Nobody but me. You don't want me to go. 'cuz I'm all you're gonna get. Do you wanna die alone, Oskar?"

He could act tough. He could hold up his gun and stare her down and make demands, but she'd seen him retch. She'd watched him tremble and stutter and founder, waiting for her acceptance and permission. He wasn't a tough guy. He wasn't even a killer without her, and without Jane being a stupid bitch. Oskar wouldn't shoot her. He just needed to be put in his place.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's it. Let all those big, baby tears out to show what you really are. If she wasn't so deep in her role already, she would have grinned. Instead, she kept her face twisted up in comforting understanding. "Let it out. It's okay." She came just a little closer to him, keeping the pace slow and steady as the blood and tears mixed together to drip down from his face.

"Nobody knows why it's happening, okay? It's...it's just fucking crazy, right?" A little more. If he let her in, she could get her hooks nice and deep and make this something worth having. He wasn't her first, and he wasn't gonna be her last, even if the context was muddled up from normal. "But it's happening. It's still happening, and that means you need me Oskar." Sell it home with a little vulnerability, sister. "I need you too. I'm not gonna abandon you."

Caedyn offered a hand to him, nice and easy. "Take care of me, and I'll take care of you. Promise."
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's a good boy. It took quite a bit of self control to keep from saying that alone, or letting her warm smile turn smug. It wasn't time for that yet though. Right now, he was still vulnerable. He needed time to settle, but he would with the proper handling and an eye for more problems. This would work out splendidly.

"Promise," she cooed reassuringly, before turning her offered hand into a beckoning one. "Let's find somewhere a little less exposed. You deserve some rest."

Her eyes came to rest briefly on Jane's corpse as she paused.

"After I change."

((Caedyn Miller Continued In 血塗れ桜))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Gardens · Next Topic »
Add Reply