Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
St. Patrick's Purgatory; Open
Topic Started: Oct 7 2016, 08:02 PM (1,139 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Junko Kurosawa continued from Slow Motion Rocky Punches))

Junko stopped jogging. Stopped humming. She just stood there, her shoes sinking into the wet sand. It wasn’t long before some new challengers had shown up. From some feet away, she saw the smoke rising into the sky like a beacon from what appeared to be some kind of bonfire. That’s what she thought it was, based off the orange light on the ground.

Should she approach that, or just bolt for it?

Junko thought for a second, then slid the bat out of the bag. It felt a little better on her shoulders, anyways. The extra food and water, plus the hammer, made things a little heavier. She still had no idea what to do with the hammer, but she didn’t throw it out. She liked the bat better, though. It seemed more comfortable in her hands. So she took a few steps forward.

As she did, she heard a few sobbing noises. She turned her head, and just barely noticed what seemed to be the shape of a person lying in a dinghy. Well, that cleared things up, didn’t it? Fires on the beach, and someone crying inside a boat. She couldn’t tell who anyone was, either, which made things even more weird. Also, who starts a campfire in the morning, anyways?

Junko placed herself in between the dinghy and the fire. She slung the bat over her shoulder casually. She tried to think of a witty one-liner, maybe some kind of boat or fire pun, but she couldn’t think of anything. So she thought of the next best thing. She cleared her throat, looked back and forth at the person in the boat, then back at the person standing near the bonfire. Then:

“Good morning!”

Her voice was friendly. However, the muscles in her limbs were tight.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For a moment, Junko wondered if this was a good idea. She had no idea what boat person and fire person got weapon-wise, so she may have ended up getting herself into a bit of a problem. But a head popped out of the boat, and Junko recognized it as Jasper Bustamante. He was a vlogger, a member of the soccer team, a furry or something like that… and that’s all Junko could remember off the top of her head. Wait, wasn’t he friends with Caedyn too? Joy.

He’d given her a nervous smile and a greeting of his own. Junko gave a slight smile in turn. However, her eyes looked him up and down. She didn’t see a weapon, so he probably couldn’t do much right now, could he? However, his expression changed, as if he saw something just out of her vision. Her gaze followed, and-

For what felt like her entire life, Junko was familiar with “challenges.” In elementary, she and her friends got into trouble for things like snorting sriracha up their noses. Not much had honestly changed since then: whenever there was one of those dumb Internet challenges people had, Junko was usually the first to try it. Eating cinnamon? Done that. Her doing the ice bucket thing was largely an excuse to pour ice all over herself, to be honest. Salt and ice, bug eating, chubby bunny, saltines? Yeah, those too. Point is, she didn’t do it all the time, but there was a lot she’d tried.

But Tara Behzad’s attempt at what appeared to be some kind of fire challenge… well, even Junko had her limits.

Was it appropriate to joke about that, or anything? Well, was it? Well, if “Beat a Classmate” and “Mug a Murderer” ever became a challenge like that, she’d already completed both. Okay, yeah, some joking is okay, she guessed.

Anyways, Tara. Kind of an odd person to begin with. She was a runner too, but she’d always been a bit of an enigma, that one. Pretty much a quiet type. Junko looked into her memories, to try to remember if Tara was the type to cover her arm in shortening- was that what that was? - and light herself on fire. Okay, yeah, her mind was running a blank right now.

For a moment, Tara’s words brought back another image. Mr. Graham came back. The terror etched into his face, the way that guy stepped behind him, the blood spraying everywhere, it all replayed. Junko’s smile faltered. It was not at what Tara was doing. But she picked it back up a second later.

“Well, my mistake. I guess ‘shitty morning’ is more appropriate?” Junko said, with a quiet chuckle.

Tara didn’t appear to be armed, other than with fire and Crisco. Okay, what can she do here? Was she just… supposed to walk away? Fight them? She could probably try the latter if she wanted, but two people might make things a little more difficult. Alliance? Was that even safe? They weren’t dumb like Darius, or murderers, but you know. Better safe than sorry.

Gah, this was one big mistake, wasn’t it? She wasn’t sure. All she knew was that she saw smoke and fire, then came across this little scene. Okay, time to strategize. She didn’t think she needed any more food and water right now, so she didn’t need to steal from them too, did she?

In any case, she once again kept her grip on the bat tight.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, then. Jasper had asked if Tara was okay after, y’know, sticking her arm in a bonfire. She flat-out stated “no”, but it wasn’t the flames. Apparently, Tara had run into Other Cris and Abby before they… “lost.” Junko looked her over as she fished out that first aid kit. Yeah, that arm didn’t look good, did it? No shit it wouldn’t look good after being roasted.

Then Tara said it, and Junko tensed up.

“How to die, huh…” she said quietly.

She briefly looked off to the side, in thought. She didn’t think about dying too much since she got here. Well, she thought of ways she could die. She thought of Mr. Graham. But she didn’t think of the way she’d like to go out. Not really. But after a second, Junko knew her answer.

Should she say it, though?

Junko once again moved her head to look back and forth between Jasper and Tara. She decided ‘yes.’

“I made a decision, a long time ago. I saw Mr. Graham die, like everyone else, and... I don’t want to die like that. I’m not going to die like that. Period.”

Her muscles were primed to go. If this turned out to be a scary movie ‘I’m about to kill you’ sort of question, well, she could act. She had a bat for a reason.

“If I have to die, I have to go down swinging.”

Her knuckles turned white against the bat for emphasis.

“And no, that doesn’t mean I’m going to just… I dunno, kill random people. I’m not a killer, remember the announcements? But I’ll do whatever it takes, and…”

She trailed off. Junko decided she didn’t like this question. She wasn’t sure why Tara felt that burning driftwood and herself was a way to mourn for other people, nor was she sure where she was going with this. For a moment, Junko even wondered if she should ask if she needed help with her arm. It wasn’t like she knew a shit-ton about first aid, but she knew some things. Tara looked weak and in pain, too. But, she decided against it. Pragmatism? Well, she was technically still the enemy right now. For a moment, she felt a twinge of something familiar, but she pushed it aside. It was a feeling she’d realized was useless some time ago.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Could they just be happy?

Could they just get along?

Junko felt her eyes narrow. It wasn’t like everyone else was going to get along. Sure, try getting along with Jazzy, Miss Murderer, herself. Junko didn’t, even before she knew she’d killed someone. Sure, Junko was the one who attacked her, but you know. To her, fighting seemed somewhat obvious. If you fight, you at least have a shot of actually living, right? Even if it meant-

She pushed that thought to the side, too.

Junko flinched a bit at the sound of someone else showing up. She turned her head, and… oh. Leslie “Rage Bomb” Price. Right. Junko’s eyes once again did the familiar up and down motion. And once again, she didn’t see anything. Though, you still could never know.

She simply tilted her head to the side, as she continued looking over Leslie. Leslie was, again, a rage bomb. Junko honestly didn’t know much about her other than that.

“What’s the point?” Junko asked, snapping her head towards Tara. “Well, if I die, I can at least say that I fought, y’know? I tried. I don’t think that’s gonna happen, though. I’ve been taking pretty good care of myself already.”

She’d fought Darius. She’d overpowered Jasmine. Whoever she ended up fighting next, she could once again get on top. Right? Right.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh boy. Leslie said nothing. Jasper just ran off. And Tara… Tara… god, Junko didn’t even know.

She’d stood up, and went on this thing about how everyone was going to die eventually, even if they made it off the island. Junko felt her facial features tighten even more, her muscles did the same. No one was threatening, but… gah. She had no clue what Tara was doing. Burning her arms, asking how she wanted to die, telling them they were going to die anyways, hitting on Leslie? Well, yeah, to be fair, Leslie did have this kinda punk look going for her. It looked good, but anyways.

This whole thing made her feel uncomfortable. Like she hadn’t accomplished much by being here. Was it anger? Did Tara strike a nerve? Or was it something else? All she knew was that her muscles were still tight, still primed. The bat still waited in her hand, unused for the morning. Junko wasn’t sure what she had wanted when she approached her and Jasper. But she’d gotten something, she wasn’t sure what.

Though, she guessed Tara had a point.

Even if she was going to die someday, even long after the game, going down fighting seemed like it’d make her feel more… comfortable. With herself, if that’s what Tara meant. A few times, she’d joked about her funeral back home. Hell, she always thought the actual death bit would happen because she did something stupid to herself. Back then, it was just that: jokes. But the serious thought of dying? The game was, to be honest, the first time she’d thought about that.

But yeah. If she died fighting, she’d probably feel better, wouldn’t she? Not like… no. She pushed aside the memory again. That wasn’t what was going to happen to her. If she had to die, go down swinging, she just said.

Junko awkwardly stood in the sand. Leslie had been surprisingly quiet? Like, again, ragebomb, but you’d think she’d say something. For a moment, Junko felt the most awkward she’d been in her life. She became more aware of the bat, still resting on her shoulder. She didn’t feel strong and confident.

“… Yeah, I’m leaving too,” she said, slipping the bat back into her bag.

It was still hefty, with all the stuff. Maybe that wasn’t the best way to carry the bat. But she turned on her heels, and started walking in the other direction. Maybe she was done jogging for the morning. But she still hummed a few notes of the Rocky theme. It was comforting, somehow.

At first her steps were awkward and unconfident. But as she thought more, her steps away from the fire pit became bolder.

Junko Kurosawa was still going to go down swinging.

((Junko Kurosawa continued in Bread Suit))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Cove · Next Topic »
Add Reply