Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
This Be The Verse; Open
Topic Started: Oct 6 2016, 09:34 PM (2,063 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from The Gadfly Cometh))

Thing had generally been fine since they left the Docks. Bradley kept the conversation going by talking about random things, and Alba was happy to join in. Granted, she didn't entirely get all of Bradley's jokes, but she decided to go along with them. It was better than being alone and scared, so she hoped it would keep the three of them together longer and help them get through this experience relatively okay. She didn't know if Bryony was as receptive, but she hoped she was.

It was when the announcement began to play that Alba was confronted with the reality of the situation. People were dying, and Bradley had some poor taste. He made references to Hitler and bad software in the midst of hearing about their classmates dying, which only served to make Alba a bit uncomfortable. It also didn't help her made weird comments about the Mexican students and one girl killing herself. Alba tried to remain calm, but the situation was becoming insufferable, so she merely kept a smile on her face and tried to steer things back when Bryony called out Bradley.

They had just arrived at the gym, and as they walked in, Bradley called out to kids named Leonard Bernstein and Sandra Clegane. They must have also been seniors, since Alba didn't really recognize them. Bradley wanted to use her and Bryony to show he was there in peace, so she waved and smiled at the two.

"Hi..." she softly said.

Before she could say anything else, the door opened. Alba turned and saw a girl holding a spear. This was a senior Alba knew about. After all, it takes one person to mention someone is a mute to remember them as the one mute kid in school. Kimiko Kao. Who, according to Bradley, was as bad as Jason Voorhees and Helen Keller.

Alba brought a smile on her face and waved to Kimiko.

"Oh...hi!" she said. "H-how are you?"

She really wanted to believe Kimiko wasn't bad. Especially with that spear in her hand. Was that what she used to stab Cristobal Morales? Alba hoped not.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba's smile got more and more strained the more people talked. For one, apparently the others in the room weren't named Leonard and Sandra. Second, Bradley kept going on and on with Kimiko. Alba was a bit concerned with how Bradley was talking to the girl. The girl had a spear and had killed someone the day before. Alba wanted to believe the girl was a victim of circumstance just as much as Cristo had been, but Bradley had seemed to write her off entirely.

So as Bradley spoke to Kimiko, Alba kept trying to chime in with "ums" and "uhs," but never loud enough to get Bradley to stop. She kept glancing around the room to see how the others were reacting as well. This wasn't going well, and Kimiko flipping Bradley off and walking away showed this was most likely ruined.

Alba was going to try and speak to convince Kimiko not to leave, but Bradley called her a waste of sign language. Before she could even tell Bradley how wrong that sounded, Kimiko had a reaction. Kimiko swung around and jabbed the spear into Bradley's chest. Alba's eyes immediately widened as she raised the hands to the side of her head.

She let out a loud scream, about as loud as when she sprained her wrist roller bladeing in middle school. Dropping her bag, she ran towards Bradley as quick as she could. This couldn't fall apart so quickly, could it?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba threw herself to the ground beside Bradley and looked at the wound on his chest. Her breathing was starting to increase with the amount of blood starting to pour out of his wound.

"Oh god! We got to do something!" Alba shouted, her eyes darting around the room.

She began to glance back and forth from Bradley's face to the wound in his chest. Sure, Bradley wasn't the most sensitive person, but he didn't deserve to bleed out and die like a wild boar. Bradley was muttering something about his family and other people, but Alba wasn't sure what he was trying to get. She wished she hadn't dropped the bag and could get her first aid kit. She didn't know a lot about medicine. She had read a bit about animal science since she wanted to be a vet if her golf career didn't work out. But this was different than a dog or a cat, and so she had to worry things were going to turn south very soon.

It certainly wasn't helped that Bradley was trying to remove the spear. That, Alba knew, was a bad idea.

"Don't!" she said, trying to stop Bradley from moving. "That'll make it worse! Bradley, please."

Bradley continued, saying something about it being the point. Alba could feel tears starting to fall down her cheeks, along with the warm blood on her hands. Finally, Bradley stopped trying to remove the spear. Alba stared at his lifeless body. He was dead. Truly and completely dead. Alba let out a whimper and held her head low.

It was over. Bradley was dead. People were dying, and now Alba had witnessed someone's passing. She couldn't pass this off as something occurring on the other side of the world. This was real, and she was really a part of this game. Now she had to take charge and deal with that fact.

Her eyes drifted over to the rifle Bradley dropped. She quickly reached over, her bloodstained hands leaving prints on the gun.

"We need to find Kimiko," she said to the others in the room, her voice shaky, but stern.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba clutched the gun tighter as Arthur started to follow up her comment. His hesitation to finish his sentence made Alba start to feel a bit sick. There was a serious implication in what she was suggesting. Find Kimiko and then... In a place like this, there was generally one option to finish that sentence, and Alba didn't want to finish it.

"Well, we don't have to kill her," Alba said. "I mean, we'd be no better than her if we did that. But she's dangerous, and at the very least, we need to remove her as a threat. I don't know, we can tie her up or something. Take away any other weapons she has. Keep her in place until rescue comes and she can be tried properly. I'm sure there's something we can do besides killing her."

The other girl was puking, which Alba had to turn away from. She had already seen more blood than she was used to, and now the room was beginning to fill with more putrid smells. Alba quickly moved down and began to search Bradley's bag for any additional ammo that might be inside. Alba had never fired a gun before, but if she was taking charge, she'd need to figure out how and fast. Hopefully there was something that could clue her in as to how.

"Okay, so I'll go after Kimiko. I'm sure I can catch her and bring her back here to be dealt with. Does anyone want to come with me?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba felt slightly shocked when Bryony put a hand on the gun and begged her to not go after Kimiko. Maybe it was the weight of the gun being disturbed by Bryony's touch, or maybe it was just reality crashing in. Bryony looked really sad, much like Alba's younger sister whenever she fell down. Alba bit her lip and looked over Bryony. She was the first person she saw when she woke up on this island, and Alba did say she'd look after Bryony.

"Bry, I'm sorry, but we can't let Kimiko keep killing people," Alba said.

It didn't look like anyone else was ready to go with her. Alba looked around at the others.

"Look, I'll try to be quick about this," Alba said. "I'll find her, take her items, and maybe bring her somewhere she can't hurt anyone. Then I'll run back here. I mean, this gym looks like a good hideout if we move some of the furniture and equipment around."

Alba smiled.

"I'll be fine. I know I'll be."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba felt a lump in her throat when Bryony made her plea. Arthur and the other girl didn't have much else to say, but Bryony had a lot. Bryony was right. Kimiko wasn't likely to take Alba coming at her with a gun without a fight, and Alba was likely to get hurt or worse. She did promise to protect Bryony, and stopping Kimiko would be doing that. But it would mean leaving Bryony behind to possibly get hurt by other people, or for Alba to get killed before she could protect Bryony.

These choices began to weigh on Alba. She needed to make a decision. The longer she waited, the further Kimiko got away. But she couldn't just leave Bryony.

That's when she made a decision.

"Okay, I won't leave you," Alba said. "But I want to at least try and find her."

Alba held Bradley's gun closer.

"I'll take a quick look outside," Alba said. "I won't go too far, but I'll come back if I can't find her."

Alba gave a smile at Bryony.

"Don't worry. I'll come back. Just wait here for me."

Alba turned and hurried out the door of the gym. She didn't bother looking to see if anyone else was going to follow. She wasn't expecting to finding Kimiko, but if she did, she needed a plan. At the very least, she needed to remember where the gym was so she could get back to Bryony.

((Alba Reyes continued in This time I might just disappear))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Gym · Next Topic »
Add Reply