Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Early Morning in the Garden of Good and Evil; Open
Topic Started: Oct 4 2016, 07:51 PM (795 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Blair Moore continued from Why Y'all Gagging?))

Blair had struggled to keep up with the other two when they ran from potential detonation. Her lungs ached, and she gasped and wheezed, unable to get sufficient oxygen as quickly as she burned it. When she'd woken up, having slept like a log despite the day she'd had, she'd realized something quite dreadful; she was getting sick.

Still, she'd realized Sandra was gone as soon as they'd left. Blair was distracted by the whole 'you might explode' thing, but Sandra was an athletic person, and Blair doubted that anyone but Blair would have been bringing up the rear. Was that good? Maybe. Sandra had started to grate on Blair a bit, but if she was in danger, that would still suck.

Falling to her knees in exhaustion, Blair gave a weak salute as she arrived at what looked like a weird cabin of some kind. There were like, stuffed heads and shit. Blair glanced at the other two, her suspicions confirmed.

"Sandra's...not...here...." She managed.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blair was too out of breath to notice Alessio approaching until he walked directly past her, at which point she tried to call out to him, only to lose her wind and resume panting from overexertion. Her stamina was pretty awful even though she was reasonably fit, and running exacerbated it more than other exercises. Swimming too.

Unfortunately, Blair had a suspicion that more running was going to happen in the near future. Hopefully not followed by dying, but she had no control over that.

As Alessio entered the cabin, Blair looked back and forth at Noah and Rene, and without saying anything, turned and followed the guy. For one, he was being weird and Blair didn't like or trust that, and also she needed to sit down before she passed out. That'd be unpleasant.

Marveling at the impressively large lodge (though the tiger-skin rug was perhaps the chintziest decoration imaginable, not to mention anti-conservationist as hell), Blair followed Alessio, unable to speak, her throat burning, her chest still aching. She didn't exactly make an effort to be sneaky, as her wheezing breath wouldn't make that a pointless endeavor. Still, she kept about ten feet of distance, just to be safe.

Then Alessio did something unexpected. He walked into a room and laid down on the bed. Blair figured he must've been really tired or incredibly audacious to pull that kind of stunt. There was a chair in the corner of the small room, and Blair collapsed into it.

Literally. The chair shattered under her.

Letting out a pained gasp, Blair slammed her butt onto the wooden floor. "Damn..." She hissed. Her breath was still uncaught, but she could at least talk a little now. Instead of saying anything to the other person in the room, though, Blair just pulled her knees up to her forehead and groaned.

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping approved by RC))

Standing up, Blair irritably brushed wooden shards from her shirt and shorts, looking over at the kid, who to her surprise was still laying there. Was he actually asleep? Damn, must've gotten involved in something fucked. Or done something fucked. Hopefully not that though.

Looking around the room, Blair opted to leave the room and make sure the other two knew she hadn't randomly gotten ganked by the guy. She stepped out into the hallway, and was pleasantly surprised to find Noah and Rene after a couple steps. They both seemed pretty upset. Blair couldn't imagine why.

"Hey, sorry. That guy is somehow asleep, and I'm okay. I sat in a shitty old chair and it exploded, though." Blair's voice was quiet; she didn't want to overexert again. Especially since, if she was right, she was going to be in big trouble by tomorrow.

"What should we do?"

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I want to hear his story. Dunno what happened to put him so out of it."

Blair shrugged, looking back and forth at Rene and Noah. They still seemed intent on finding Sandra. which was Blair was...less than enthused about. At this point, knowing people were literally dying, Blair didn't want to hang around people she didn't fully trust and contributed nothing to her survival.She was somewhat tempted to point out the issue with this.

Eh, fuck it.

"Hey, listen. About Sandra. I don't think we're gonna find her. It's not exactly hard to follow people, and I don't think I remember seeing her with us when we got woken up." Truth be told, Blair was slightly exaggerating that; for all she knew, Sandra really had gotten lost. But this was a possible solution, and it'd solve Blair's problem. So this was now the story.

"I think-wait, did you hear that?" A voice, faint and barely discernable, coming from behind her. "Is he up?" She turned around and looked into the doorway at the sleeping boy.

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well. That guy existed. And, as Blair was reminded in an unexpected pang of realism and regretting her snide nature, would not continue to exist for very long.

But whatever. He wasn't a concern. Sandra, though...Blair wasn't too upset about Sandra. Poor Noah looked so worried, though, that she had to throw him a bone.

"Hey, look. If we stay here and Sandra was following us, it's more likely she'll find us. Other people too, but like you said, they'll be looking for shelter, right? Not murder. We'll be safe for today, I think. Besides, if we don't know what's up with Sandra tomorrow, we can look by the south shore from last night. She might go back for something or, I dunno, to find us too."

Blair reached over to pat Noah reassuringly. "We'll be okay. Don't worry, dude." She grinned wryly, then pulled her hand back as she started coughing vigorously. Another grim reminder that for her, the time left was short in more than one way.

Clearing her throat of the phlegm, Blair moved into the room and flopped onto the bed. It was not especially comfortable, but whatever. A bed was a bed. "So, you wanna set up camp here for the day? We can look tomorrow. And I'm tired." With that, Blair stretched out onto the bed and yawned.

((Blair Moore continued in Let's Awaken, By the Day))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Hunting Cabin · Next Topic »
Add Reply