Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Down the Rabbit Hole; Open (yes I went there)
Topic Started: Oct 4 2016, 12:04 PM (853 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra wasn't.

((Sandra Dyer continued from Why Y'all Gagging?))

She had woken Noah up at the end of her night watch shift, and went to "get some rest". In a way, she was surprised that she managed to sneak away from the group, but somehow, it had happened.

She wanted to apologize, but what would that have accomplished? Instead, she wandered. The sun was going to coming up soon, and so Sandra decided to head north. Well, north-west.

The announcements came on as she walked. People died, but Sandra didn't really pay attention to it. Well... the first name on that list had her attention.

Blair said that Jennifer had jumped off the bridge, but the narrative of the announcement didn't really match it. If she was still with the group, she'd probably have asked Blair what was up. Was it good that she left, then? Sandra didn't know.

Cristo was dead. That one stung, just a little bit. They weren't particularly close, but as his name was said her mind went to that encounter back at Mannie's. Killed by Kimiko... she'd run into her when she'd woken up. Sandra didn't know how to feel about that.

The supply depot was a danger zone. That was... where she had just been, wasn't it? Sandra didn't know, but she hoped that if it was, Noah and the others got away safely. Sandra couldn't worry about that. She wasn't with them anymore, so...

Soon, the announcements ended, and Sandra decided to stop and take in her surroundings. There was a chapel nearby. She headed over to the building, listening for any noises.

As she reached the door, she saw someone there, pushing against it.

Sandra didn't say anything, simply clearing her throat loudly.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra waited as Keith pushed against the door some more. She heard something snap, before the door itself gave in and Keith managed to push it open. Sandra came up behind him as he uttered a question, to see who he was talking to.

She saw Alice Baker whimpering on the floor. Sandra wasn't the best of friends with Alice, but she saw her a lot with Bryony, and she could confidently say they were at least friends. But that wasn't important right now. Alice was whimpering on the floor, and it was obvious that something had happened.

Sandra doubted that any of it was Keith's fault. Most likely, whatever happened must have happened before the door had opened.

"Alice? Alice, it's me, Sandra," she said, moving up to and kneeling beside her, "Are you alright? Talk to me."
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra followed Keith's sigh of relief with one of her own shortly thereafter. She stood up as Alice explained what she was doing on the floor. Sandra stepped back, taking a look back at the doors they had come through. She walked over to the door, noticing the snapped bunting. It seemed that Alice had used it to hold the doors closed.

Didn't really work out, though.

"Looks like Alice was trying to keep the doors closed," Sandra said, holding a banner of the bunting up for Keith to see, "Can't say I blame her, though. People are already dead. It's kind of fucked up."

She let the fabric fall to the floor as she walked back to Alice and Keith.

"Have you guys seen anyone else?" she said, looking at the two, "Like..."

Bryony.

Sandra's gaze went to Alice as she thought that. But it didn't make sense for Alice to have separated with Bryony if she had found her.

"Yeah..."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"First person I ran into was Kimiko," Sandra said, "Now that I think about, maybe it was a good thing I didn't stick around."

She thought back to when she had woken up. Kimiko had... Sandra wasn't actually sure what Kimiko had intended to do. Maybe it was a good thing she didn't find out.

"After that, I ran into Noah, Blair, and Maria. Maria didn't stick around. We ran into Rene shortly thereafter. I lost them during the announcement."

That last part was a lie, of course. She hadn't lost them, she intently separated from them, but they didn't need to know that. It was... probably... better that way.

"There are still people I need... want to find, though. I also don't want to stay in one place for too long."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"We were in the Danger Zone," Sandra said, addressing Keith's question, "Pretty sure we were too busy scrambling for safety to make sure we stuck together."

Alice went to apologize, which perplexed Sandra at first. Of course, it wasn't an apology, but a condolence. Not a "I'm sorry for what I did" but "I'm sorry that that happened to you".

Sandra simply sighed.

"I dunno what to do at this point. Find friends, I guess, but..." she started, the next part of her sentence, then stopped.

What good was finding her friends going to do if they were all going to die, anyway? Sandra could only think of one, that dying in the company of friends was better than dying alone, or worse, dying at the hands of some maniac.

The announcements proved that such a thing was possible, after all.

But you know what would be better than dying in the company of friends? Not dying. Going home.

It was selfish of her, but Sandra still sought that as her end goal. And of course, that meant...

Kill someone.

Sandra looked away from Alice and Keith.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra watched the two leave. She craned her neck as she thought.

She, ideally, didn't want to stick within any one group for too long. Groups were fragile, they could fall apart easily because of one bad apple, and while it was true that being alone was just as, if not more dangerous, she...

Hmm... then the plan could be to stay in a group until such time that she detected any discord. Was it a solid plan? Who knew. It was better than riding a sinking ship to the bottom, but if she could she would try to salvage as many innocents from within the group as possible. And she would keep that going until it was no longer feasible to do so.

She wasn't a monster, after all, but she wanted to go home.

But she was getting ahead of herself at this point.

Alice and Keith wouldn't have gotten far. She could easily catch up to them.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Last Days.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Chapel · Next Topic »
Add Reply