Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I'm covered in beads!; Gag on my eleganza
Topic Started: Sep 29 2016, 12:21 AM (1,573 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Remember perler beads? Those little things you'd slap on a pegboard and then iron out to make some pretty art?

I decided to get a bunch of them and pick an old hobby of mine back up. I've gotten started with a little bit of a gift for Ruggahissy, plus a second request and then a little something-something just for fun.

Examples

It's been a pretty good start so far, but I crave more. That's where you come in.

I'll be taking requests to make things of your liking. Mario, Final Fantasy, Undertale, TV shows or what have you. These things take a lot of time, so I'm only accepting FIVE THINGS IN THE QUEUE at any given time before closing it.

Just like any other art thread here, requesting stuff is free and I'll make it as soon as I'm able (time and materials permitting; I'm already running low on yellow and black and will need to buy more beads shortly), but you can also purchase what I make if you want (I'm pretty much going to do this at-cost, only covering my ass on shipping and however much it takes to buy these beads... and that's like $2.50 for a bag of 1000 of them, so we're looking at maybe 25 cents a pop).

Anyway, I'll open up the queue for you guys. I'm just eager to start making some shit. Try to take it easy on the difficulty, okay? I'm still getting used to this. Try to keep it to 8 or 16 bit stuff if you can. Not like... 'photorealistic Elvis Presley'.

Maybe later, okay?

Update: I've opened a shop on Etsy! https://www.etsy.com/shop/8BitTrinkets?ele=shop_open
Another update: Etsy shop currently closed <_<

The prices don't take shipping into account, so it's actually a lil' bit cheaper to just directly deal with me on this site here. So if you're interested, do THAT instead.

Completed requests:

Chopper (SOLD)
Jyushimatsu (SOLD)
Pikachu
Kefka Palazzo
Madotsuki
Mob
Totoro (offsite) (SOLD)
Many more that I can't be arsed to link but they're in this thread somewhere.

For fun:

Cactuar
Pentagram (made for Iktor, no picture because it's at her office)
Moogle
Papyrus (Sold)
Frisk (SOLD)
Isaac
Sans (Sold, but have one more)
Fallen Human (SOLD)
And more!
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Jul 24 2017, 11:38 PM.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Post-Timeskip Tony Tony Chopper?
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can you do Jyushimatsu from Osomatsu-san? You can just do the head instead of the whole body.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Man, I remember being so jealous of kids who could actually make stuff with these. Nice work.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks!

I really want to finish the Bill Cipher but it'd be kind of an in-depth project. We gotta get pipe cleaners for his noodly limbs and then I have to make the top hat separately (which, again, will take a bunch of black beads (about 20-25) and I'm running low on black. Might run to Michael's today or something. So that'd be something that Iktor probably finishes if she hangs him up at work or summat.

Gotta get some fleshy flesh beads for these two designs, shouldn't be TOO long. I should figure that 'tan' is going to be an important color.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tony Tony Chopper
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
You know what?
Screw it.
The old Gen 1 Pikachu, sprite style please.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It is suitably kawaii (the terrifying emptiness of his eyes aside).
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh! Nice! No suggestion, just thought I'd say I like it. Especially the Bill Cipher.
Turtle's Signature

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laur's weeb request
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Knowing you, you might have already made it, but my request for this is Kefka Pallazo from FF6.

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Oh, these are very cool! I have a friend who does Perlers like this, and part of me has wanted to get into it for a while. It's a really neat hobby!

With that said, I humbly request Madotsuki from the game Yume Nikki, if it isn't too much trouble.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really like the chocobo and chopper, ricky!
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These are great! Also, Ohm took what I was gonna suggest but couldn't figure out if there was room in the queue for, so I'll just say I would love to see Kefka too.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
/picks jaw off the floor.

You even did the tongue. I love you.

You wanna PM about details for shipping/paying?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply