Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which of these movies do you want to watch for Halloween?
Rubber 4 (18.2%)
Poultrygeist 7 (31.8%)
Hatchet 2 4 (18.2%)
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil 7 (31.8%)
Total Votes: 22
Tiebreaker Poll
Poultrygeist 5 (71.4%)
Tucker & Dale vs Evil 2 (28.6%)
The Human Race 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 7
SOTF Halloween Movie Night; [Spooky Scary Skeletons playing in the distance]
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 06:42 PM (1,139 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's almost the spookiest time of year again, and there was some discussion about bringing back the group movie night that we did a while back. How this would work is we set up a movie stream while the people watching hang out in a Discord or Skype call, and it was a good time all around last time.

General consensus is that a campy or so-bad-it's-good film is the most fun to watch for these, so the purpose of this poll is to pick out the movie that you would most like to enjoy/make fun of. If you're interested, go ahead and let us know what night around Halloween time would work best for you, since people tend to be busy on the actual night of. If you think there's a movie that absolutely has to be added to the poll, go ahead and share it too, but try not to go overboard with suggestions so we can actually get a decent consensus.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can we add Hocus Pocus? It's one of my favorite Halloween kids' movies in the entire world. <3

Also, I think it's silly enough? It has a strange fixation on the main dude's virginity, at least. And some quotable lines. If we can suggest some, that's my pick.

But yeah, I'm interested! I'll probably be home around 3:30pm PST, but my mom might want the computer for a while longer. I think about 7:00pm would be a good time.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

ToxieTheToxicAvenger
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Down for pretty much any weekend that's not on the 8th or the 15th (HHN and Dystopia Rising respectively) at any time. The line up of films to vote for is great, and I'd be happy to see any or all of them if everyone's down with it.

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds like a bit of a laugh. Hocus Pocus is a brilliantly stupid movie, but honestly, all of these are cool.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm actually not sure if there's a way to edit an already-existing poll, if you want Hocus Pocus note it in your post I guess.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I move to add The Human Race to this list.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My only regret is that I can't change the Discord topic to be the countdown cat like last year.
things

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have someone else do it?
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We might have to bump the new suggestions to a subsequent poll because I don't think there's a way to edit the existing one. Should have put an option for "other", whoops.
Characters

Others

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ruggahissy
Sep 24 2016, 10:22 PM
My only regret is that I can't change the Discord topic to be the countdown cat like last year.
I can totally set that up.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ciel
Sep 24 2016, 09:47 PM
I move to add The Human Race to this list.
This could be interesting.

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy first day of Halloween October! Since the 31st is a Monday this year, the actual stream night will probably be held during the weekend before, on Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th. If you're interested, please post here to note when you'll be available, so we can coordinate time zones for everyone who wants to join in.

As for the poll, at last count we had:
4 votes for Rubber
7 votes for Poultrygeist
4 votes for Hatchet 2
5 votes for Tucker & Dale vs Evil
1 write-in for Hocus Pocus
2 write-ins for The Human Race

The poll will be open for another two or three weeks to ensure that everyone interested gets a chance to vote.
Characters

Others

ToxieTheToxicAvenger
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Pretty much down for any time on that Saturday!

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably the same.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Same, although I'd rather it be in the evening over in America because then I'll be awake while it happens.

Also seconding The Human Race.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Polls · Next Topic »
Add Reply