Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
白色雑音; White Noise; Open
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 12:03 AM (1,678 Views)
VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Isabel Ramirez continued from By the time you hear the next pop, the funk shall be within you))

Isabel Ramirez trudged through the library, the early morning light peeking through the windows, with her sword and halberd, trophies of brutality, in tow.

Isabel stopped moving, holding out her left hand and looking at it, eyelids heavy. She was slightly sleep deprived. After killing Conrad, she wandered around the asylum for a few more hours before electing to curl up in a somewhat spacious cabinet, halberd tucked away in a closet nearby, and falling asleep. Some time passed, and she woke up before crawling out of the cabinet and keeping on the move again in the morning twilight. Isabel had always been a morning person, albeit more out of necessity than anything. She was always quick to fall asleep once her work was done, only to awaken early and enjoy an hour or two to herself before her parents got up to start their day. Those early hours were always the highlight of her days. Day after day, constantly working hard to avoid being punished by her parents. It was tiring.

Isabel balled her hand up into a fist. Her parents couldn't punish her now. She was carving her own destiny. She was in control, no one else. She was going to make it off of the island alive, even if she had to personally kill every single one of her classmates. And in spite of what society always told her, she'd probably enjoy it too. Killing made her feel powerful, made her feel important. It gave her a rush that she hadn't felt before she wound up in this situation. And dragging the kill out? Made all of the feelings even more intense. Isabel tilted her head back, looking at the ceiling as she lowered her arm. Before she got on the island, Isabel never really thought of herself as a sadist. But in hindsight? The signs were always there. She enjoyed making other people feel worse, emotionally. That was the whole point of the bullying. That and the sense of power and control she got out of it. Hurting people physically was just a logical step up. One she never even considered as a possibility before she got here. One that would stop being a possibility once she made it out alive.

Once she made it out alive...

Isabel lowered her head. She didn't actually have a plan on what to do once she made it off the island. She could probably just go back to what she was planning on doing before... but... could she really go back? After what she has already done? People would know what she did. They would treat her like a monster. She would probably never have a normal life again. All the hard work she did for the sake of her parents, for the sake of her future... would be utterly pointless. Isabel's hands shook. Had she made a mistake? Had she chosen the wrong path? Did she really need to let her feelings in the moment take control of her back in that cell with Conrad? Isabel collapsed to the floor, sitting up, looking at her hands, sword resting in her lap. Her future was gone. In a single few minutes, she made sure her future went up in smoke.

...But, maybe all that didn't matter. Maybe she acted on impulse, maybe she made a mistake. But as Isabel sat, she realized that she didn't really care all that much about her future. She cared more about her hard work and effort being for nothing than the thought of having no real future once she got out. Maybe all that really matters is how she felt right now, in this moment. She could deal with the future when she gets there. For right now...

Isabel grabbed her sword out of her lap, before standing up. In for a penny, in for a pound.

All that mattered now was surviving, and maybe getting some excitement while she did it. Isabel began moving again, trudging through the library, keeping her eyes peeled for any potential threats... or potential victims. Isabel looked up, noticing a couch peeking out from behind a bookshelf. It was still very early in the morning, if somebody was in here, they might be sleeping on that couch. Isabel slowed her footsteps, making her way closer and closer to the couch, raising her sword in case anyone was on it. Closer, ever closer still, until...

Isabel turned her head as she got past the bookshelf blocking her view. Over in the chair was Asha. Isabel stopped dead in her tracks, staring at Asha sleeping, slumped over in her chair. Isabel and Asha had ballet classes together. Isabel had arguably known her longer than anyone else. They talked a lot after the classes, waiting to be picked up by their parents. Most of the time Isabel didn't really care too deeply for conversation, but Asha always had a distinct spirit about her. Talking to her was actually enjoyable, unlike nearly everyone else she had ever met in her life. Isabel turned her head downwards, towards the person sleeping on the couch. Dorothy, a friend of Asha. Or, at least, Isabel thought Dorothy and Asha were friends. Thinking about it, she wasn't so sure.

Isabel glanced between the two sleeping girls. Weighing her options. She could just kill them both, stab Dorothy in the throat before making her way over to Asha and gutting her. But at the same time, Isabel liked having Asha around. Her presence was like that of an amusing puppy. She kept Isabel entertained. It would be such a waste to kill her so abruptly, with no fanfare. Even if she was eventually going to die anyway, Asha was more valuable to Isabel alive than dead. Plus, Isabel could probably find some use for her in the meantime.

Isabel turned her focus towards Dorothy. If she wasn't going to kill Asha, she couldn't kill Dorothy. Killing Dorothy and then acting like nothing was wrong would make Asha mad. Even if Isabel personally couldn't care less if someone she knew killed another person she knew, they were in a death game after all, the same couldn't necessarily be said of the other people around her. Isabel quietly sighed, before moving towards the other couch and sitting down.

Today was going to be a long day.
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isabel blinked, trying to process what had just happened as Asha jumped up from her seat, taser at the ready, only to immediately drop it and ask how long Isabel had been sitting there.

Then, after a moment of awkward silence, Isabel began to open her mouth, only to close it as Asha suddenly commented on her sword.

"..." Isabel stared at Asha for a for more seconds, silent.

"...Pffffff, hahahaha! Man... Asha, you really know how to make me laugh, even in times like these." Isabel wiped her mouth, residual chuckles escaping her lips. "I mean I'm covered in blood and you... man... good to see you haven't lost your head," Isabel said, with a wink and a smile.

Isabel leaned back further into the couch, getting more comfortable where she sat in spite of the halberd shaft pressing into her back. "Annnnnyway... I've been here for a couple of minutes, actually. Wasn't quite sure when you guys were actually going to wake up, but I figured I wouldn't disturb you," Isabel said, shrugging, arms out, a smirk plastered on her face.

"So..." Isabel began again. "Besides the whole 'death game' and 'trying to taze me' things... how've you been? That's what people seem to say, no matter the situation, yeah?" Isabel chuckled, again. "I mean... people can be in the middle of a fucking war and ask each other how they've been. It's so... ridiculous. You know?" Isabel sighed, contently. "Seriously though, how you doing? Holding up well?"

Isabel glanced over towards Dorothy, eyes narrowing. "...And what about her?"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isabel sat, inquisitively taking in her surroundings in more detail as Asha spoke.

Isabel took note that Asha trailed off when she mentioned another person being here before Isabel arrived. She was blatantly hiding something... but why? Isabel couldn't think of any reason why Asha would need to hide something from her. What could possibly be so bad that she would feel the need to hide it? Isabel silently gritted her teeth. If Asha was willing to hide something from her, how long until she went from an amusing sidekick to a potential threat?

Isabel curled the fingers of her free hand briefly into a fist, trying to quell any anger that was rising up, before uncurling them. When the time came, Isabel would just drop Asha like any bad investment.

Hopefully from a very high place.

Isabel spoke, trying to remain active in the conversation and feign ignorance of her distrust. "Well, that Wayne guy sounds like a huge asshole for just abandoning you guys like that. I mean... who can you really trust in a situation like this?" Isabel cracked one of the knuckles on her free hand. "I mean I... uh..."

The realization struck Isabel that casually mentioning how she befriended Conrad and Clarice before brutally murdering Conrad probably wouldn't earn her any brownie points. Not only would it give them a reason to not trust her, but they would also get upset at the idea that she murdered someone, even if Isabel knew now that society was wrong for telling her she would feel bad about it afterwards. She thought it would be for the best to just leave her violence ambiguous for now. If the truth came out and became a problem, she could easily toss Asha and Dorothy aside like the broken toys they were. "I... uh... I got this blood all over me for a reason... you know?"

She continued, trying her best to draw attention away from her stammering. "Like... that's why I was asking about Dorothy. I don't really know her and can't really trust her, you know? But if you trust her... I guess I can roll with that."

Isabel remembered that Dorothy was actually listening now and not just asleep.

"Oh uh... no offense, by the way," Isabel said, her gaze trained on Dorothy. "Just... precaution."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isabel looked away from Asha as she spoke, before turning her head towards the speaker playing the morning announcements.

Isabel only half listened to them as she looked at the floor beneath her feet, only smiling ever so slightly when she was complimented for killing Tina. The way Asha was talking to her was far more important than information about who died and who killed. She knew who she killed herself, the number of people left didn't matter until it was just her, and she was more than confident that she could handle any other killers. But Asha already was trying to hide something from her, and now she was trying to manipulate Isabel into trusting Dorothy. She wasn't going to have any of that, she would rather kill the both of them than trust someone that could not be trusted. Anyone she didn't know beforehand and all of her superficial "friends" from high school weren't worth the risk. The only people she could trust were her friends from ballet... but Asha was making Isabel doubt even that.

Isabel tuned back into the announcements when the announcer got to the danger zones and winner of best kill. Some place she wasn't in was the danger zone, and of course she... won...

"Wait, what? But I..!" Isabel gritted her teeth and stopped her from continuing her outburst. She hadn't won the best kill award. Some other girl named Kimiko had won the award instead. Isabel balled up her fists. She knew what the terrorists normally liked, over the top violence was their thing wasn't it? Sure, she didn't intend to get the award from torturing Conrad, but it could've been a nice bonus. When she found this Kimiko girl she was going to make sure to carve her up extra nice and take whatever prize that she should have gotten.

Just as Isabel was getting into her plan for Kimiko, she was pulled out of her thoughts and turned her attention to the sound of Asha's voice. She tried her best to suppress scowling at her, but a mild look of disapproval still made itself evident on her face. There was no error. She killed because she was going to survive. She was the only person on the island that mattered enough. Everyone else was just an animal going through the motions of life, she was the only person that was truly aware of everything going on around her.

Isabel froze up slightly as Asha got harsher with her words. How dare she speak to Isabel that way? It didn't matter if she was eventually going to die anyway, if she won the game and lived to be a ripe 90 years old when her classmates all died at 18, she won. And killing didn't make her a horrible person, she was just doing what she needed to to survive. That's all that mattered. Surviving was all that mattered.

And it was becoming obvious to her that Asha was a threat to her survival.

Isabel tightened her grip on the hilt of her sword. Time to dispose of Asha and Dorothy like she disposed of Conrad. Like she should have originally, when she found the two of them asleep.

Then, Isabel's eyes strayed to Asha's taser, held tight in her hands. If Asha landed that shot, all she had to do was slit Isabel's throat with her own sword and it would all be over. It was too much of a risk to go after her like this. With her being aware and ready for any violent action that might be taken. Instead, Isabel looked away from Asha and stood up. There was no way Asha would have the guts to use the taser on her if she wasn't actively attacking them. Adjusting her bag and halberd, Isabel began walking away from the two of them, before stopping at the library shelf that would have hidden them from view.

She just needed to say one last thing. Get the last laugh.

"Let me be clear with you." Isabel turned to face Asha and Dorothy once again. "I'm going to win this. Even if I have to personally kill every single other person on this island."

Isabel turned away from the two of them for the final time. "I'll let the two of you live. For now. Buuuut..." Isabel smirked and shrugged, before locking eyes with Asha. "Let's just say if I find you guys again... there isn't going to be a single thing in this world that will save you from me. Let's all hope you die before that happens..."

Isabel began walking out of the library, calling back one last time. "Or I'll make you wish you died faster."

((Isabel Ramirez continued in Be Prepared))
Turtle's Signature

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply