Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
白色雑音; White Noise; Open
Topic Started: Sep 24 2016, 12:03 AM (1,527 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nancy Kyle continued from 逃げろ.))

Nancy ran into the library pretty much by chance. She was too preoccupied with the ringing in her ears to really pay attention to where she was going.

This time, when Nancy collapsed, getting a faceful of dust, she didn't move for a good five minutes.

She couldn't tell what was what anymore... all she knew was that... she was a murderer.

That didn't take long. Nancy quickly crawled over to the one of the corners of the library, away from the entrance of the library and tucked into a small nook.

No one would find her here. She could play out her emotional turmoil in peace.

When Nancy pulled a ration bar from her bag and wolfed it down, she wasn't really thinking about how good or bad it tasted. When she emptied her first water bottle by another quarter, she wasn't really thinking about how wasteful she was being.

She wasn't thinking about that at all. She just needed something... something to distract from the ringing, the blurring, the pounding.

Even though it hurt, Nancy tried... she tried desperately.

She tried desperately to not lose herself to the clawing feeling of anxiety in the back of her mind.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy froze as the door to the library opened, and the voices of two... no, three people had made themselves known.

The wrapper of the ration bar was on the ground, and the water bottle next to it. She didn't move, lest the wrapper crinkle or the water spill, giving away her position.

Nancy covered her mouth, trying to breathe as quietly as she could. Her hand tightened around the handle of the hatchet.

If they saw her here, hiding away, with blood on her clothes and face... what would they...

No, it was better not to find out. As long as they didn't come this way, she was fine. They didn't have to know she was here. They would leave... they had to leave eventually, right? She just had to... not make a single noise. For who knows how long.

Simple, right?

Not really, but Nancy had to try. Otherwise...

Nancy blinked a few times, shutting her eyes tightly.

She took a few deep, slow breaths.

And that's when fate decided it was having none of that.

*hic*

Nancy's eyes widened, and then her ears began to ring again.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then they were there, right in front of her, and Nancy would have backed up against the wall except for the fact that she was already backed up against the wall and there was nowhere for her to go.

And then they were there, saying reassuring words to her, for some reason. Like she hadn't already killed someone, like it wasn't evident from the blood on her clothes or the blood on her face or the blood on the hatchet.

And then the n̛͟o͏҉͏i̶҉͞s̵̀è̴̢̛ died down for just a moment, just long enough for Nancy to start thinking again. Thinking about how they were giving her a chance. Or were they? Were they just lulling her into a false sense of safety?

"I..." she said, before she hiccuped again.

"No... no it's not okay!" she suddenly yelled, spasming as another hiccup arrived, "I... I..."

Killed someone. She didn't say it. They all knew it.

"Don't come any closer," she whimpered. The axe shook in her hands.

"I didn't... I didn't think..." she cried pitifully, tears falling from her eyes.

"Just... don't come... any closer..."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping to leave the thread.))

She wouldn't come any closer.

Nancy felt like she should have been relieved by that. Nancy closed her eyes, her judgment lapsing for a few seconds before she realized where she was. They popped open again, half expecting the other three to pounce on her.

But they hadn't moved.

That's when Asha complimented her hair. Whatever purpose that Asha had with that statement, all it did was raise Nancy's suspicion.

"What? Why..." Nancy started, but then shut her mouth.

There was definitely something wrong here. This was unnatural.

That's when it hit her. They were planning something.

And it was back to her wanting them to leave. But there were three of them, and only one of her. Even if she tried to...

Scarlett's face flashed across her mind.

No, there was only one way out of this: the literal way out of this.

Nancy suddenly grabbed her bag, jumped upright, and bolted past the three other students.

((Nancy Kyle continued in 見てください.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply