Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survival Strategy
Topic Started: Sep 18 2016, 10:45 PM (805 Views)
Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
((Maria Cuccinotta continued from Among These Hallowed Halls))

That had certainly been an interesting experience, what with her being basially dragged along all the way from the asylum. Now that she was up here, she took a moment to look around, with the sea stretching out in front of them, the air gusting her hair all around her. Off behind them was the hunched shape of the Asylum, and it looked like there were more buildings dotted around the place as well. Really made you wonder what was so special about this island, and more to the point, where they were in the world.

She sat down by the wall and shoved her bag down, taking out her beanie to keep her ears warm. Up here, it was much chillier, so much so that any regret from her wearing warm clothes was instantly demolished in favour of an almost 'I told myself' sensation. She rubbed her arms and glanced up at the guy who had dragged her out here, noticing the little circular camera behind him as she did so.

"Caleb, what's with the panic? I mean, I get why, but it's not even been seven hours... Who's gonna snap in 7 hours?"

You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Caleb, you're way too pessimistic. I mean, the likely hood is that neither of us will win, but on the other hand..." She drew out her sword from the makeshift belt-loop scabbard, and caught the light on the edge of the blade. "I've sharpened and cared for blades longer than you've jerked off for. All I need is a healthy glob of luck and I've got a chance."

She lay the blade out in front of her and brought her knees towards her chest, pulling her jumper over them as she did so. "Also, no bet. You're right." She didn't appreciate the tone, but under the circumstances, she could let it go. Her voice was a bit more sober, and her face had hardened, and she breathed out hard before continuing.

"I just really hope my Dad doesn't do anything crazy, y'know? He lost my mum when I was born, and now this. He's gotten worse as well. Stays indoors more often, doesn't talk to people. He's getting on a bit, I know that, but it worries me, y'know?"

She paused and glanced up to where Caleb was looking at the map. "What about you? Any Diamonds you want to stay safe back home? I don't really know much about your family to be honest..."

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Ever seen that mythbusters episode? Under 20 feet and the knife wins. Takes too long to draw and flick the saftey off. You're right though. It's not winning, it's surviving. And you shouldn't speak like that. I bet there's someone who would miss you if you didn't come back. Some guy or gal who would never get the chance to ask for a date, some acquaintance who would have loved to know you."

As a matter of fact, she had known about Andy, mostly because Andy had been a dick to one of her friends over and over again.

"You asked about my dad, yeah? He's a water engineer. I've never really been interested in his work, but it is important in the grand scheme of things. My mum was a jeweller. As a matter of fact, this is one of her peices..." She shifted a simple chain put from under her jumper and showed the dangling gem off of the end of it. "Nothing complicated. Blued silver with a steel and sapphire charm. I don't have much else to remember her by."

She sat back and breathed out, her breath starting to fog in the air, and it reminded her of something. "Caleb, you smoke, don't you? Got a spare one?"

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Caleb, let me tell you a little story. One day, way back when, I got a set of knives for my birthday. It was my first set of knives, and I used them over and over again, so happy that I was on my first step to becoming a 'real' chef. In fact, I used them so much that I cut through something I really shouldn't have cut through." She held up her hand, showing the missing finger.

"I was lucky, actually, because I sliced straight through the joint that held them together. No messy cuts in the bone. I still have those knives. In fact, I have three more sets of knives now, and all of them are sharp enough to slice a million fingers off. They are my babies, and I don't rely on them to protect myself."

"Now guess what my answer will be. Or don't, because you probably know the answer already." She lent back, head resting against the wall and sighed. "And girls do like you Caleb. You just never... Tried. Anything. Y'know Jessica? One of the girls I hang out with? She liked you. Kid called Sam who thought you were pretty cool. You were just so damn... distant.

"But hey, that's not really my business. I'm sociable, the next person might not be. You're one of the ones who ain't that sociable, and to be judgemental of that would be fucking insane." She put extra emphasis on the swear word, as if to stress that him swearing had really not been needed.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Ok, yeah, you got me. Both of thise were kids I knew back in England. Still, betcha there's some people who wouldn't mind being your friend Caleb. I mean, despite what you think, generally people do have some friends. Just a few."

"Why do you want the sword so bad anyway? What did you get for a weapon anyway?" She cast her mind back, and realised that he had been holding something in his hand. It had been rubbery, floppy, and had looked like...

"Well, sucks to be you. At least you're not a crook though!" The joke fell flat. Har har, Nixon mask, not a crook. It was about as hilarious as making an 'I did not have a sexual relationship with that ___' Clinton joke. "That joke was bad and I feel bad. Do tell me what you need helpihg out with though, maybe I won't fuck it up as badly as I did my brief career as a televised comedian."

She stressed the 'televised part,' and her eyes flicked to the camera behind them, as if to remind him that this shit would be going on air sooner or later. She had never really payed any attention to SOTF really, but she did know that it was only aired after it was over, to prevent people locating them early.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She looked at the heliocopter, then Caleb. Caleb, then helicopter. She took a deep breath, then expressed herself in fhe simplest and clearest way she could:

"Are you titsfuckingly insane?!?!"

"That thing looks like it's a stiff breeze away from being a prop in a Micheal Bay film! And besides, whilst I appreciate you calling me skinny, i'm still one-ten. No way that flimsy-ass balancing act is gonna hold an extra fifty kilos of moving teenager without toppling into the sea."

Speak of the devil, the helicopter creaked and groaned as a gust of sea air hit it. "No way potential dying by falling off a goddamn cliff is worth a singe fag mate." A seagull cawed above them, and she saw a flock pulling together over the water, sprialling around and calling out excitedly.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"THIS IS PEER PRESSURE!" She jokingly shouted, before looking at the thing. "If it creaks once, I'm out Caleb. Not risking it."

She got up slowly, banging her hands together to get the creeping numbness that had been crawling in out of them. The chopper seemingly loomed in front of her as she approached, and she peered around. The rope was the closest, but there was what looked like an emergency medical blanket very close as well.

There was a thermos flask that had rolled sideways against one of the seat rails, and...
There was another medical kit. If she could reach it, the two would be in a much better position... Or not, as she realised that it was open, and she was actually seeing the inside of the door, enpty. Damn. Would have been useful if it had contained gear, as this looked like some kind of medvac helicopter, so it probably had had a lot more potent stuff than what they had.

"Caleb, your skinny ass better be ready to grab any stuff."
"Or me..."
Edited by Dannyrulx, Sep 24 2016, 04:03 PM.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Maria edged into the helicopter, one feet on the edge of the metal, then two. The stucture shifted and groaned as she stepped on it, and she froze.

As slowly as possible, she inched her way across the floor until she reached the bundle of rope hanging out of a locker. Carefully, she kneeled down to take it out, then froze as the chopper adjusted itself. Carefully standing back up, she reached for the rope without bending over. One finger slipped inside the loop, then another one. It was like playing a game of pick-up sticks, except pick-up sticks that could end in your death.

As she pulled it out, the entire chopper groaned and turned, sending a blanket spinning out into the sea. Panicking, she scooped up the thermos flask and dashed across the desk, practically jumping onto Caleb.
"That."
"Was."
"The most impossibly fucking scary fucking thing that i've ever fucking done."
"I'm pretty sure I've just about used up my allotment of fear, forever."

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Maria Cucinotta continued elsewhere))

My Characters

[/spoiler]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Helipad · Next Topic »
Add Reply